Denver Post: The Varlamov Investigation: Part II *Read the MOD WARNING in post #1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
BTW, just so this doesn't get lost in the shuffle a few pages back. If anyone that speaks Russian has a moment to translate what was actually said in that phone conversation, allegedly with Vavrinyuk it would be very helpful.

The clip is about 2:30 but the actual phone conversation only appears to be about 30-40 seconds.

http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=1161605&tid=105154

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think this was mentioned yet. (via Sadowski)

Lynn Kimbrough, a spokeswoman for Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey, said most misdemeanor cases in Denver end with a negotiated plea bargain.

So the DA is basically already looking to a plea deal.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I know that but it depends what he could potentially plea down to. I don't think a DV charge can get any lower, it probably wouldn't even be a DV conviction. And the DA isn't going to bother offering something that he can't take because of this issue. My point is the spokeswoman is already throwing around the plea option to the media to make it look like a "win" for them if he takes something.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Guys ,
We're gonna have to ask you once again to stay on topic . I had to delete a few comments that had nothing to do with the actual case , comments who were personnal and OT . Plz keep in mind that this thread is about Varlamov and his case only .

thanks

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Guys ,
We're gonna have to ask you once again to stay on topic . I had to delete a few comments that had nothing to do with the actual case , comments who were personnal and OT . Plz keep in mind that this thread is about Varlamov and his case only .

thanks

Can we talk about your rugged good looks?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Slava Malamud was in town today and he asked a lot of Varly questions during Roy's pressed.

For what it's worth, Roy said Varly should be Russia's goalie at the Olympics.

oko

Mar 31, 2004
Latvia
BTW, just so this doesn't get lost in the shuffle a few pages back. If anyone that speaks Russian has a moment to translate what was actually said in that phone conversation, allegedly with Vavrinyuk it would be very helpful.

The clip is about 2:30 but the actual phone conversation only appears to be about 30-40 seconds.

http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=1161605&tid=105154

My notes are in [...], based on context. SB - somebody. EV - possible Evgeniya Vavrinyuk.

starting 0:50

SB: I didn't understand - why have you went [probably to USA] to him (to Varly) [if everything was so bad between you two even before]? You talked about it, you said it's over... [why have you went there]?
EV: I went there exactly for that [conflict] to happen. They [maybe some newspapers] say, that I made that conflict to happen, to prohibit him going to Olympics; they say that conflict is fictional.

[I think part of conversation is missing here...]

EV: it will be ridicules [actually she used word "show" like TV show], if afterwards we still will be together (with Varly).
SB: I think you shouldn't be together after that all...
EV: I was thinking the same after our first conflict...
SB: if you make him go to jail, how will you stay with him? Will you go to visit him in jail?
EV: He will not make it to jail [she is probably thinking, the case will not end with a real prison sentence]

starting 1:44

EV: Now i remember, when we where on Maldives [popular place for vacation]. She [probably some friend of both EV & SB] told me, that i'm bully. I [EV] replied - no, I'm not. Yes, you are - she said. You [EV] told me before, that you hit him [not clear, who is "he" here], you hit him with karate strike. She sad - you [EV] are very good at karate. I [EV] replied: i'm little, but i can hit hard. [laughing all the time during those sentences. It could be a joke, afterall].

Sorry once again for my english... :(

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
My notes are in [...], based on context. SB - somebody. EV - possible Evgeniya Vavrinyuk.

starting 0:50

SB: I didn't understand - why have you went [probably to USA] to him (to Varly) [if everything was so bad between you two even before]? You talked about it, you said it's over... [why have you went there]?
EV: I went there exactly for that [conflict] to happen. They [maybe some newspapers] say, that I made that conflict to happen, to prohibit him going to Olympics; they say that conflict is fictional.

EV: it will be ridicules [actually she used word "show" like TV show], if afterwards we still will be together (with Varly).
SB: I think you shouldn't be together after that all...
EV: I was thinking the same after our first conflict...
SB: if you make him go to jail, how will you stay with him? Will you go to visit him in jail?
EV: He will not make it to jail [she is probably thinking, the case will not end with a real prison sentence]

starting 1:44

EV: Now i remember, when we where on Maldives [popular place for vacation]. She [probably some friend of both EV & SB] told me, that i'm bully. I [EV] replied - no, I'm not. Yes, you are - she said. You [EV] told me before, that you hit him [not clear, who is "he" here], you hit him with karate strike. She sad - you [EV] are very good at karate. I [EV] replied: i'm little, but i can hit hard. [laughing all the time during those sentences. It could be a joke, afterall].

Sorry once again for my english... :(

Thanks for this. If this is correctly translated, it doesn't necessarily paint her in a bad light. It's a matter of interpretation on how she said it, or what she meant by it, and that would involve a native Russian speaker I would imagine.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Guys ,

thanks

What part of this do you guys not understand???

This thread is not for debating what California domestic violence laws are, it's not for discussing your brother's relationship issues, etc.

It is for discussing Varlamov's case -- and doing so without libelous hearsay.

:banghead:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Slava Malamud @SlavaMalamud
Kovalchuk on Varly: "I hope he makes a deal with his "princess" and she gets her green card, which is all she wants" (via R-Sport) #Avs

Damn, Kovy. Tell us how you really feel.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Slava Malamud @SlavaMalamud
Kovalchuk on Varly: "I hope he makes a deal with his "princess" and she gets her green card, which is all she wants" (via R-Sport) #Avs

Damn, Kovy. Tell us how you really feel.

Snaapp!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad