The Vancouver Media Thread | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
What is happening with the media recently.

I am getting tired of Dalhli constantly bringing up Vancouver scoring and how that makes the playoffs a possibility without the same time spent on how they are almost twice as bad in goals against as the top team.
The Canucks are 8th in the league in goals per game and the 2nd worst, 31rst in goals against in the entire league.

Is it sarcasm on his part? Or the only positive left to champion?

Combined with the recent censored and sanitized intermission segments it appears that the NHL and Rogers might be eliminating relity of the team and any opinions contrary to hockey ops'. They were starting to get close to the root of the issues and criticizing Allvin and the Chipmunks.

They are censoring like a third world country.

Let's see if keeps on and how far it could go.
Media in general are still too damn positive and skate on thin ice as to not completely alienate fans.

Unfortunately, there is still a very large contingent that listens to the radio that still thinks this team is decent because of their "star power" and they score goals.

But it's because they only view the team in a vacuum and not in comparison to the rest of the league.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Media in general are still too damn positive and skate on thin ice as to not completely alienate fans.

Unfortunately, there is still a very large contingent that listens to the radio that still thinks this team is decent because of their "star power" and they score goals.

But it's because they only view the team in a vacuum and not in comparison to the rest of the league.

Donnie's hit on 650 was somewhat refreshing yesterday. I like many grew up watching Taylor in the mornings with SportsnetNews, and then Connected. I was too young for SportsPage, I was around when it was on but I didn't care for hockey around then. I'll defend him to a reasonable length but I watch for entertainment value not for information.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I had to turn off 650. I sounded like one of the hosts was a child arguing about anything and nothing.
He was saying Boeser and Horvat are critical leaders on the team, a team this fractured. He was saying Schenn had no leadership value.

I figured it was just radio trolling, click bait but really hard to listen to it was so childish and immature treating the listening audience to what he thinks of the fans.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I had to turn off 650. I sounded like one of the hosts was a child arguing about anything and nothing.
He was saying Boeser and Horvat are critical leaders on the team, a team this fractured. He was saying Schenn had no leadership value.

I figured it was just radio trolling, click bait but really hard to listen to it was so childish and immature treating the listening audience to what he thinks of the fans.

Was it a host or someone calling in?

The afternoon show had Sat and Irf on it and I doubt it was either of those guys but maybe Bik.

Reactions: theguardianII

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

I don't know this could have been but it's none of the regulars on 650. I've been listening quite regularly this season and none of them have this opinion. Their opinions are more in line with what someone would read on this board.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sounds like they were at least saying something of substance so you can rule out Irf

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
It truly blows my mind and makes me sick that Sportsnet 650 does not transmit to the Abbotsford/Mission area. It is just the audible version of a snowy screen. What TF ? Does anyone in Toronto not know how many ppl in the lower mainland are trying to listen ?

On some days, I could get Team 1040 in Edmonton when I lived there. This new 650 thing is a joke. Fix it.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
It truly blows my mind and makes me sick that Sportsnet 650 does not transmit to the Abbotsford/Mission area. It is just the audible version of a snowy screen. What TF ? Does anyone in Toronto not know how many ppl in the lower mainland are trying to listen ?

On some days, I could get Team 1040 in Edmonton when I lived there. This new 650 thing is a joke. Fix it.
It's been that way for years, so clearly they don't give a shit about reaching listeners outside of Langley.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007

Only money can fix it. I remember SN650 downgraded the "output power" after the first or second day.

P.S. You can try to have your device at a different angle (instead of standing up, put it down), it may help.

Reactions: Brookbank

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Combined with the recent censored and sanitized intermission segments it appears that the NHL and Rogers might be eliminating the reality of the team and any opinions contrary to hockey ops'. They were starting to get close to the root of the issues and criticizing Allvin and the Chipmunks.

I'm curious about this. Can you give some games examples of when this happened? They aren't necessarily anti-canuck but I'm not sure if censoring is the right word.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
I'm curious about this. Can you give some games examples of when this happened? They aren't necessarily anti-canuck but I'm not sure if censoring is the right word.

oakdice-runescape.gif

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

Sure the Montreal game 1rst intermission starts with Murphy saying we aren't talking about that, (referring to the game) we already set the script before and then barely a mention of the score or team and the 2nd intermission Murphy did an interview with a Canadian comedian, the whole segment, never mentioned the game behind him.

The tin hat must open eyes and ears or something if that was not seen and heard. If anyone here has ever been on CDC then they know about censorship.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Sure the Montreal game 1rst intermission starts with Murphy saying we aren't talking about that, (referring to the game) we already set the script before and then barely a mention of the score or team and the 2nd intermission Murphy did an interview with a Canadian comedian, the whole segment, never mentioned the game behind him.

The tin hat must open eyes and ears or something if that was not seen and heard. If anyone here has ever been on CDC then they know about censorship.
He was joking with Gerry Dee, because the game was 4-0.

This reminds me of the Tyson chicken guy and his wacky conspiracy theory.

Reactions: tradervik

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
What is happening with the media recently.

I am getting tired of Dalhli constantly bringing up Vancouver scoring and how that makes the playoffs a possibility without the same time spent on how they are almost twice as bad in goals against as the top team.
The Canucks are 8th in the league in goals per game and the 2nd worst, 31rst in goals against in the entire league.

Is it sarcasm on his part? Or the only positive left to champion?

Combined with the recent censored and sanitized intermission segments it appears that the NHL and Rogers might be eliminating the reality of the team and any opinions contrary to hockey ops'. They were starting to get close to the root of the issues and criticizing Allvin and the Chipmunks.

Let's see if keeps on and how far it could go.
Do you mean they just censor like our southern neighbour:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dhali was not wrong. Vancouver can score. Imagine they did get 2 more pts from the season start's losing streak. We could have a different storyline. I am not saying they can make a playoff.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
He was joking with Gerry Dee, because the game was 4-0.

This reminds me of the Tyson chicken guy and his wacky conspiracy theory.
1rst intermission with Drance and starts with paraphrase, "we are not talking about the game" then not a whisper and the 2nd not a mention of the game, not even the score just Dee's career and new series.
Do you mean they just censor like our southern neighbour:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dhali was not wrong. Vancouver can score. Imagine they did get 2 more pts from the season start's losing streak. We could have a different storyline. I am not saying they can make a playoff.
Ya I know but it is so irrelevant when used in that context.
As a fact it is just one of many that goes both ways, if that high scoring and where they are in the standings, 24th in the league by point %.
Sarcasm taken too far. ;)

skeena1

May 15, 2006

One of the things I like about the intermissions is they don't necessarily talk about the game, per se. I don't think its meant to be an x's and o's segment. Over the years they've had lots of different people on. I can't imagine listening to that when they are losing badly. Drance had some interesting stats and Gerry Dee is pretty funny. Do you really want to break down a game where they are trailing by 4?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

I don't like to throw around needless insults, but holy Hell Dan Riccio is a bloody stupid person. I don't know what other word to use in terms of this take.

Reactions: rypper

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007

I don't like to throw around needless insults, but holy Hell Dan Riccio is a bloody stupid person. I don't know what other word to use in terms of this take.

I have found it impossible to believe that there is any radio host in the world so lacking in logic and common sense as Dan Riccio. How can a lower-end (lowball) offer be a fair offer when he is getting on a significant heater? :huh::huh::huh:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Really? I think what he said is mostly fine, other than I disagree that the initial offer was reasonable.

Reactions: racerjoe

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I have never listened to him before, so I have no clue if he is good, or bad, but what he says there isn't wrong. A comparable of the nuge is on the low end 100%, but the Nuge was a comparable. I have said it for a while and I won't change my mind based on the hot start, he should be getting the same cap % as a Schenn got, or in that ball park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad