The Vancouver Media Thread | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Not even going to quote tweet that Botch take from the last thread, but imagine posting such a dinosaur, out-dated, moronically ignorant take like that.

I feel truly bad for you.

Reactions: Peter10

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Everyone with any brains at all should know Imac is Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf. The truth is that he has his own opinion but he does not share it with you. He is saying what his paycheck wants him to say. How can a '6-14-2' team has a pleasant dressing room :popcorn:

BTW, did anyone listen Canucks hour this morning? Drance must believe all fans are dumb and dumber.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Everyone with any brains at all should know Imac is Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf. The truth is that he has his own opinion but he does not share it with you. He is saying what his paycheck wants him to say. How can a '6-14-2' team has a pleasant dressing room :popcorn:

BTW, did anyone listen Canucks hour this morning? Drance must believe all fans are dumb and dumber.
Drance is angling

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019

What'd that bozo Drance say now?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Our media is such a tire fire.

The Canucks are clearly incredibly dysfunctional, and that starts at the top. But that doesn't mean there's a need for 50% of our media to act like bitter children.

Be critical of the team, report what's going on, but the interpersonal drama with other reporters etc is cringe.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Wow Anson Carter is not too bright LOL

How dare anyone hate Marchand.. especially anyone from Vancouver! What a moron haha

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

The Canucks are clearly incredibly dysfunctional, and that starts at the top. But that doesn't mean there's a need for 50% of our media to act like bitter children.

Be critical of the team, report what's going on, but the interpersonal drama with other reporters etc is cringe.

Anson Carter all of a sudden has ‘analyst cred’ cause he works in the NHL media. f*** that guy, he played in Edmonton before hand so he knows what the Canadian market is like..so why come out now saying ‘guys don’t like playing in Canada’ cause of the media.

Cheap rate RG3 lookalike

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
What'd that bozo Drance say now?
Drance had an 1 on 1 interview with J.T. Miller, and he found out that he was wrong. Unlike what he reported on Donnie and Dhali about the "unclear" practice drills, the fact is that the dressing room designed to run some fun drills in the practice and Miller playfully yelled out "we have no idea what is going on" (something like that).

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Wow Anson Carter is not too bright LOL

How dare anyone hate Marchand.. especially anyone from Vancouver! What a moron haha

I actually think he is quite bright. He's articulate and well spoken - but I don't think it's ever sat well with him that a lot of the hockey world feels he was simply a benefactor of the Sedins' wizardry.

In truth, he has something of a point. He had 4 20+ goal seasons, and 6 seasons where he scored 40+ points (two of which were 60+ as well). It's not like he was a complete nobody before he played with the Twins. However, his career had hit a rough patch, and he did notch a career-best 33 goals riding shotgun with them. It's not a great stretch to say he had his best scoring season as a result of playing with the Twins. That he promptly followed that up with an 11-goal campaign which he then followed up with by being out of the NHL, means that noise only got louder. And I really think that has never sat well with him. It showed when the Sedins were retiring and he couldn't really be found and then when he was he was right pissed about it, and it shows again here with his bizarre remarks about the Vancouver media based on John Garrett's completely fair comments surrounding Brad Marchand (ie - acknowledging that even while he's not his favourite player, he's an incredible talent).

Reactions: Lindgren

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Anson Carter all of a sudden has ‘analyst cred’ cause he works in the NHL media. f*** that guy, he played in Edmonton before hand so he knows what the Canadian market is like..so why come out now saying ‘guys don’t like playing in Canada’ cause of the media.

Cheap rate RG3 lookalike
I'm not disagreeing with Garrett or those coming to his defence, more like the IMac Sekeres stuff.

And the bolded seems racist?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I actually think he is quite bright. He's articulate and well spoken - but I don't think it's ever sat well with him that a lot of the hockey world feels he was simply a benefactor of the Sedins' wizardry.

In truth, he has something of a point. He had 4 20+ goal seasons, and 6 seasons where he scored 40+ points (two of which were 60+ as well). It's not like he was a complete nobody before he played with the Twins. However, his career had hit a rough patch, and he did notch a career-best 33 goals riding shotgun with them. It's not a great stretch to say he had his best scoring season as a result of playing with the Twins. That he promptly followed that up with an 11-goal campaign which he then followed up with by being out of the NHL, means that noise only got louder. And I really think that has never sat well with him. It showed when the Sedins were retiring and he couldn't really be found and then when he was he was right pissed about it, and it shows again here with his bizarre remarks about the Vancouver media based on John Garrett's completely fair comments surrounding Brad Marchand (ie - acknowledging that even while he's not his favourite player, he's an incredible talent).
He banked on people believing it wasn't just about the Sedins and he got it wrong.

Also didn't help his cause he couldn't back it up after.

He was arrogant about it and still seems that way.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

Well taking this nonsense to twitter and attacking Garrett is not a great sign of intelligence. Maybe find a better angle to attack the media. There are many options better than this pathetic display lol

Also maybe don't pick a game that Marchand takes a 3 game suspension in

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Well taking this nonsense to twitter and attacking Garrett is not a great sign of intelligence. Maybe find a better angle to attack the media. There are many options better than this pathetic display lol

Also maybe don't pick a game that Marchand takes a 3 game suspension in

Oh I agree completely, his attack on Garrett was nonsense. I just think it's another symptom of his major sour grapes with the Vancouver market/media/fans in general. Again, while he seems like a bright guy, he also seems like he's nursing a big-time grudge over what I mentioned above. My two cents.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Big opportunity for Canucks GM Jim Benning to solidify his spot amongst the league's elite w a big win over last year's Stanley Cup runner-up.
-Imac

Dab

Apr 17, 2017

I’d prefer the members of the paid media who gaslit the fan base for nearly a decade about this management team resign, and go get jobs working outside in the atmospheric river for a few weeks as contrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad