The Vancouver Canucks: Great Moments in Time

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley

That's probably The Cyclone at the 1:06 mark actually skating at what looks to be an outdoor practice.
He would have wore #4 or #3 depending if he was playing Rover or Cover Point that year.

Scored 148 goals in 126 games in Vancouver with seasons that rival Gretzky and Lemiuex. Was basically Orr before Bobby.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

I want that #22 orca sweater

Tiger with two fights in his sixth? game as a Canuck including a decent one at the end with Brisbane where he takes exception to Brisbane poking him in the cheek, probably trying to get his helmet off.

Bathe? makes a mistake in trying to take on Jerry Butler and Butler ends up pounding him. Bathe is completely woozy as he nearly falls trying to get himself to the box. Pretty clear he's going there with a concussion that won't be diagnosed.

Its hard to find an actual good scrap with Tiger in Nucklehead uniform. He loses in a decision here but it's fun to watch - classic even. No D.

There is an intermittent sound throughout the second video that any of us who are old enough to remember VCRs well remembers; it is the sound of the VCR tape not tracking properly, and it is the sound of impending doom and sadness.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LuckyDay

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Can't forget in 94 when the Great One surpasses his idol Gordie Howe for most goals scored in league history 802.

Gretz scored his first ever NHL goal against the Canucks aswell.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
^ IIRC that was a Sunday afternoon game. The Stars tied it up on the PP as well. I was listening to the radio because this was a PPV game and Shorty and Larscheid were flabbergasted.

Reactions: Brookbank

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I remember Canucks PPV games, they had the most cringiest stuff on there.
Like I remember Todd Bertuzzi, reading on a sheet of paper his preferred Canucks Restaurant to eat at in front of Canucks Place.

• Haha

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Maybe I'm blind, but is Smyl on the ice for the Bruins? Would've been interesting to see Smyl face off against Fraser.

I don't know, but I checked to see if my uncle might have been coach of the Cougars for that game but he wasn't. One of the players identified in the video, Paul Enquist, didn't join the Cougars until after my uncle was gone. That video was taken in either '76, '77 or '78, the only two seasons Enquist was with the Cougars.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I don't know, but I checked to see if my uncle might have been coach of the Cougars for that game but he wasn't. One of the players identified in the video, Paul Enquist, didn't join the Cougars until after my uncle was gone. That video was taken in either '76, '77 or '78, the only two seasons Enquist was with the Cougars.
Yeah I know the two Canuck alumni were captains of their respective WHL clubs. Both could 'thrown them" when required. Was curious if the two every had a fight during those days. Might've been something to see (well, knowing the Bruins, they'd likely have two or three guys jump in as well lol).

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Most of you who have been here awhile knew a moderator by the name of Parabola. He was a mod long before I became one in 2011. I bet @Mr. Canucklehead knows when Kevin became a moderator. He may have preceded Mr. C, but I don't think so. Mr. C. is ancient and has been here forever. :laugh:

Kevin was a diehard Canucks and BC Lions fan. I'm sure everyone has seen the Parabola Memorial BC Lions thread.

Here's the hard part.

Kevin was born with spina bifida and struggled with it his entire life. It affected his entire body. Then, in 2015 he was diagnosed with cancer.

I will never forget the last conversation I had with Kevin. It was absolutely heartbreaking. He was dying, and although I think he was still holding out hope for a miracle, he knew his days were numbered. He expressed to me how shitty of a life deal he got - being born with spina bifida and then getting cancer before he was even 30 years old. Who couldn't understand why Kevin might be bitter? It just tears me apart knowing how devastated Kevin was when he was dealt a second terrible diagnosis even worse than the first.

Hold your loved ones close, and always be there for them.

Kevin died from complications of cancer and spina bifida on August 19, 2015, at age 29. He loved to practice wheelies in his wheelchair.

sJppP3J.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Most of you who have been here awhile knew a moderator by the name of Parabola. He was a mod long before I became one in 2011. I bet @Mr. Canucklehead knows when Kevin became a moderator. He may have preceded Mr. C, but I don't think so. Mr. C. is ancient and has been here forever. :laugh:

Kevin was a diehard Canucks and BC Lions fan. I'm sure everyone has seen the Parabola Memorial BC Lions thread.

Here's the hard part.

Kevin was born with spina bifida and struggled with it his entire life. It affected his entire body. Then, in 2015 he was diagnosed with cancer.

I will never forget the last conversation I had with Kevin. It was absolutely heartbreaking. He was dying, and although I think he was still holding out hope for a miracle, he knew his days were numbered. He expressed to me how shitty of a life deal he got - being born with spina bifida and then getting cancer before he was even 30 years old. Who couldn't understand why Kevin might be bitter? It just tears me apart knowing how devastated Kevin was when he was dealt a second terrible diagnosis even worse than the first.

Hold your loved ones close, and always be there for them.

Kevin died from complications of cancer and spina bifida on August 19, 2015, at age 29. He loved to practice wheelies in his wheelchair.

View attachment 618110

Kevin predated me as a mod - he and Fugu (RIP to her also :( ) were like a teenaged son and a mother. The way he used to riff off both her seriousness and her jokes cracked me up. He had an incredible snarky streak, but he was just generally such a cool dude - a lot of mods make their share of enemies after a time (I’m living proof), but he really seemed to have a knack for just getting along with people. He was hard to stay mad at.

Thanks for sharing him in this thread, CM.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Kevin predated me as a mod - he and Fugu (RIP to her also :( ) were like a teenaged son and a mother. The way he used to riff off both her seriousness and her jokes cracked me up. He had an incredible snarky streak, but he was just generally such a cool dude - a lot of mods make their share of enemies after a time (I’m living proof), but he really seemed to have a knack for just getting along with people. He was hard to stay mad at.

Thanks for sharing him in this thread, CM.
I wasn't sure I wanted to mention that Kevin could be a handful at times, but yes he could be. :laugh:

I know Fugu felt like a mother to Kevin. She literally told me as much when I was Kevin's admin and needed advice from Barb on how to talk to him. But we all understood the cards he was dealt, made allowances and treated him accordingly.

And it defines irony knowing that Fugu made this thread, and she died of cancer three years later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevinsane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad