The Vancouver Canucks: Great Moments in Time

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
This thread is for posting your favouite memories of the team which we sometimes love and sometimes hate. You can post video, still photos, or write down your memory. As long as it was significant to you, it qualifies for this thread. It can be as major or as minor as you like. Fights, big hits, dumb penalties, whatever. They can even be memories of some of your favourite HFCanucks members who have come and gone, or who left us too soon. As long as there is no flaming, it's all good. I think it will be fun to see what everyone posts in here, so please contribute if you have the time.

Thanks.

I will kick things off.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
and here's a bittersweet moment. this was the best thing i ever saw naslund do live. game on the line and he puts his head down and somehow made this happen with seconds left in a game 7.

I remember watching Jovo jumping around and being so relieved that we weren't scored on while he was in the penalty box. The stars were aligning. But then it wasn't meant to be.

That was a shocker. We were a high seed and Calgary was low.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
and here's a bittersweet moment. this was the best thing i ever saw naslund do live. game on the line and he puts his head down and somehow made this happen with seconds left in a game 7.

That was still the dumbest penalty in Canucks history by special Ed. My god man. Unfortunate we couldn't kill the penalty in OT

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
The slayed the dragon call gets a lot of the fanfare, but I love this call almost more. The only two people in the building who knew what was happening were Kevin Bieksa himself and John Shorthouse and you can hear the excitement in his voice. We're damn lucky to have Shorty.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
this was probably the best moment live at a game i attended. i was at the canucks end so did not see clearly whether courtnall's goal was in but the crowd at that end went nuts, then was deflated, then went nuts again. what a roller coaster.

If the Canucks won that series, who would have got the Conn Smythe?

Bure, Linden, McLean?

Bure outscored Linden, but Linden was the heart and soul of the playoff run. We would have never got to the finals without McLean though.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
The slayed the dragon call gets a lot of the fanfare, but I love this call almost more. The only two people in the building who knew what was happening were Kevin Bieksa himself and John Shorthouse and you can hear the excitement in his voice. We're damn lucky to have Shorty.

Seeing what Gillis and Gilman built and knowing how quickly Aquilini felt he could do better pisses me off to this day.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Great thread idea!

Probably my favourite series of all time just some really great highs. First this freaking assist. Like who does this?

This game where our PK stood on its head then when we finally got our chance going the other way we had those huge one timers from Salo and Kes.

Finally the goal that we all just celebrated a few weeks back.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Great thread idea!

Probably my favourite series of all time just some really great highs. First this freaking assist. Like who does this?

This game where our PK stood on its head then when we finally got our chance going the other way we had those huge one timers from Salo and Kes.

Finally the goal that we all just celebrated a few weeks back.

Great stuff. It sure looks to me like Marleau knocked that stanchion puck down with his stick, which would still mean it was legal.

I was in awe of Salo that series. He couldn't be stopped.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
One of my favourite Canucks moments is the woman who flashed her boobs at Ben Eager. I have it on my YouTube channel but I can't post it here because it contains uncensored boobs.

However, you can probably find it if you follow the Linden hit on Jeff Norton video that I posted above. "Flasher" might be a keyword worth trying.

Last edited:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Great stuff. It sure looks to me like Marleau knocked that stanchion puck down with his stick, which would still mean it was legal.

As much as 94 was my era of Canucks that built me, that series is my favourite.

I always thought Salo would have been a clear #1 dman, he was just to oft injured.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

I remember in game 4 I was bitching they put Salo back on the PP. Then he scored 2 goals and my friends gave it to me. Best crow I've ever tasted.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

maybe my favourite game of all time

rookie bure with the hat trick

young force of nature keith tkachuk bulldozing his way through the crease to get the game's first goal, later potting a second one to pull the jets back to 5-3, then at the end of the game wildly swinging at bure on a breakaway and looking sad like a tkachuk in the playoffs watching bure celebrate

the big beefy line of sandlak, fergus, and nedved scaring the bejeezus out of phil housley and causing him to cough up the puck basically at will

jets coach john paddock looking like the spitting image of hitler

game 5 and game 7 were also great games. we were down 3-1 in the series and then just destroyed rick tabaracci in games 5 and 6 (7 pts by bure in those two games), before quinn reunited courtnall with ronning and linden in game 7 and he sealed the comeback with a natural hat trick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00