OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Jury Duty on Freevee was very funny

It's produced by some of the people behind the Office. The premise is that they told the main character they were doing a documentary on a jury during a civil trial, except the whole thing is staged and everyone involved is an actor except for him and he has to respond to all of their situations and serve as the foreman on the jury for this fake trial. James Marsden is actually one of the fellow jurors playing himself.

Reactions: sooshii

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yellowjackets. Succession. Shadow and Bone. The Last Kingdom.

Shows that are absolutely giving me everything I want.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Loved the first season of Yellowjackets, but this one is meh to me.

In 2 weeks shits gonna hit the fan. It's definitely a weird show. I don't trust any of the girls. I find myself starting to believe there is something in those woods. But then I'm like....or is it just the girls going crazy?

I'm still invested though. The acting is phenomenal at least!

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In 2 weeks shits gonna hit the fan. It's definitely a weird show. I don't trust any of the girls. I find myself starting to believe there is something in those woods. But then I'm like....or is it just the girls going crazy?

I'm still invested though. The acting is phenomenal at least!
I’ve been watching Beef the last week or so and it’s really well done.

Reactions: Mione134

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Cant wait for the new seasons

Attachments

• BE173822-154F-4F02-8902-0EA78DED0064.jpeg
    BE173822-154F-4F02-8902-0EA78DED0064.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2
  • ED3CCF39-080D-44AA-A6E3-AC069520F38B.jpeg
    ED3CCF39-080D-44AA-A6E3-AC069520F38B.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hopefully the writers strike doesn't go on for too long. I remember what happened in 07.

It killed my favorite show Heroes and many more. Pay the writers you greedy bastards.

On a side note: I am terrified and excited for ep 6 of Yellowjackets.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I just finished watching the first season of "The Chosen" (1 of 4 seasons). Yes, it is an accounting of the Gospels and the life of Jesus but it is Not overtly religious. Instead with artistic liberty background and dialog was created combined with the recorded account of the Scriptures forming a truly entertaining, mysterious, and suspenseful story. Character development is very well done and the actors/actresses all come across as genuine and real. If for no other reason to watch this series the production quality and story development would be enough. I am often skeptical of attempts to cover this topic, but I was and am very much impressed with this rendering. I am left wanting more and I am looking forward to watching more of the series.
I highly recommend giving this series a chance. Watch the first episode and let me know if you are hooked.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hopefully the writers strike doesn't go on for too long. I remember what happened in 07.

It killed my favorite show Heroes and many more. Pay the writers you greedy bastards.

On a side note: I am terrified and excited for ep 6 of Yellowjackets.

I already watched episode 6 of Yellowjackets. No spoilers but give them Emmys. All of them.

Anyone who watches the episode tonight live, prepare yourselves.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I've been watching the Smithsonian channel on hulu, good episodes ranging from WWII and everything else and there's no ads or commercial breaks. Idk if it's just because I have the toolbag version of Hulu Disney espn+ blah blah blah package but it's entertaining.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lately hooked on:

Lucky Hank
Truth Be Told
Florida Man

Awaiting for the return of :

Bear
Bosch Legacy
Three Pines
Georgia and Ginny (shocked I liked this one)

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So happy The Great is back on Hulu. If you haven't checked that out yet, it's hilarious and so well done. They have a tremendous cast as well.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Lately hooked on:

Lucky Hank
Truth Be Told
Florida Man

Awaiting for the return of :

Bear
Bosch Legacy
Three Pines
Georgia and Ginny (shocked I liked this one)

Georgia and Ginny just had season 2
Bear comes back in a few weeks

Any shows anyone can recommend? Feel like there are so many streaming services now putting out series

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
11009131_778698078904496_761060858812238442_o.png

Jean (Dallaire) Durkee, beloved by all her good DoBees; Miss Jean of TV's Romper Room in Boston, MA from 1958 to 1972, died peacefully in Naples, FL on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at the age of 90. Jean was the daughter of Laurence and Tillie (Moriarty) Dallaire, born in Lynn, MA, grew up in Salem, MA and graduated from St. James High School. A "54 graduate of Salem State Teachers College (Now Salem State University) in Massachusetts, Jean began her career at Lynnfield Jr. High School teaching Language Arts and Social Studies and as Director of Girls' physical education. Her love of teaching continued as a teacher for physically challenged children in grades 1-6 in Lynn, MA.

When WHDH TV was looking for a teacher for their upcoming children's program Romper Room, Jean was one of five hundred applicants interviewed over a one week period. Selected one of six finalists, she was asked to return for an on camera audition. To her amazement, she became Miss Jean of Romper Room, which aired live at 9:00 a.m. Mondays thru Friday. Jean was nervous but excited about the opportunity to reach into homes, hearts and minds of preschool and kindergarten aged children in New England. Oh how the kids loved it when Miss Jean saw them in her "Magic Mirror!" And oh how Jean once again loved her new teaching assignment and continued for 14 happy and rewarding years!

Jean worked closely with many worthy causes. Among them: Red Cross Water Safety, U.S. Marines Toys for Tots, MA Health Depart., American Dental Assn., Boston Fire Prevention Dept. and the Jimmy Fund Children's Hospital. One of Jean's most rewarding special events was taking several of the children's hospital cancer patients for a Romper Room plane ride around Boston, courtesy of American Airlines. Both Jean and Romper Room received many educational and professional excellence achievement awards throughout Romper Room's unequaled number one rating in its time slot for fourteen years.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I think I'm going to rewatch Person of Interest.

At least the first two seasons, which were the best, IMO. I loved the whole "are they the criminal or the victim" aspect.

Also, Michael Emerson's acting is phenomenal.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Been watching this new show called The Big Door Prize. I'm not sure where it's going yet, but I dig how offbeat and odd it is. If anyone is looking for a new show, check it out. It's on Apple TV+

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Netflix dropped the last 10 episodes of Manifest on Friday

2 down 8 to go :popcorn:

View attachment 715205
Finished it today. No spoilers

I've been watching it since it was on NBC. Campaigned with other fans on twitter to have Netflix save it. Its been a wild ride. I'm hurt by the finale.

But...there is a possibility of a spinoff so I'm hoping for that.

After you watch I'll let you know why I was hurt :laugh:

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Finished it today. No spoilers

I've been watching it since it was on NBC. Campaigned with other fans on twitter to have Netflix save it. Its been a wild ride. I'm hurt by the finale.

But...there is a possibility of a spinoff so I'm hoping for that.

After you watch I'll let you know why I was hurt :laugh:
@Mione134 - I just hope Michaela and Ben find peace and Angelina doesn't.

I have 8 to go and somehow I still expect 'The Major' will return and I worry about Vance.

I hate that they dropped all 10 episodes on Friday.................. :banghead:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad