OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
usually depends on the night:

911/ 911 Lonestar-Mondays;

Outdaughtered Tuesdays;

Masked Singer/Dancer/Name that Tune-Wednesdays...

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Currently finished season 1 of the Mandalorian and gearing up to start season 2 soon. As for other shows, Ted Lasso on Apple is great. If you haven't seen it, check it out. Sudekis deserved his golden globe. Very amusing and well done. If you don't have Apple, Hulu has quite a few great shows. Letterkenny being the best one and 9 seasons to stream, but I also loved The Great starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, which is a comedy loosely based on Catherine the Great. A running gag about her frequently visiting the stables killed me the entire first season. It was very cleverly written and very funny.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Currently finished season 1 of the Mandalorian and gearing up to start season 2 soon. As for other shows, Ted Lasso on Apple is great. If you haven't seen it, check it out. Sudekis deserved his golden globe. Very amusing and well done. If you don't have Apple, Hulu has quite a few great shows. Letterkenny being the best one and 9 seasons to stream, but I also loved The Great starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, which is a comedy loosely based on Catherine the Great. A running gag about her frequently visiting the stables killed me the entire first season. It was very cleverly written and very funny.
If you haven’t seen the first 2 seasons of Fargo and you are a Hulu subscriber, you need to go and rectify that situation immediately.

You can skip Season 3...

Reactions: LSCII

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Ok, I'll be the first to get a post deleted on this thread.;)

2 classic comedic TV episodes with superb writing delivered by two actor's that could deadpan with the best of them. Probably wouldn't make it past the PC/SJW crowd today.

Written by Gardner/Caruso, this episode introduces us to the Kaos agent the Claw, not Craw and Max wears the first Apple watch.

This clip is a riff off of Who's on First, written by Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker (folks that brought us Airplane!). Series was cancelled after six shows because an executive at ABC felt that viewer had to pay too much attention to get the humor.

The scene not too long after that was great as well as Drebin and Hocken go to interview the murder victim's widow. "We would of come earlier but your husband wasn't dead then"

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
lets see.
lately been watching
drunk history
tosh.o
impractical jokers
south park
bobs burgers
and a series of unfortunate events on netflix

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Season 3 was weak but it rebounded nicely in season 4.
I re watched season 3 . The first time around I didn’t like it but after a second viewing I loved it . Season 2 was some of the best television I have ever seen so coming on the heels of that it was easy to be disappointed. I agree season 3 is probably the weakest season but it’s still damn good in my opinion. Haven’t watched season 4 yet .

Reactions: RoccoF14 and LSCII

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Episode 2 of Season 2 is impossibly, shamefully, and disappointingly bad. I have liked all the others enormously. Disney/Lucasfilm have some very intriguing and promising spin-offs in the works, too. Am I correct in assuming you're gearing up for season 2 because you liked the first?

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Episode 2 of Season 2 is impossibly, shamefully, and disappointingly bad. I have liked all the others enormously. Disney/Lucasfilm have some very intriguing and promising spin-offs in the works, too. Am I correct in assuming you're gearing up for season 2 because you liked the first?

Yes. Plus I watch it with my girls and they love it.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I love the show, but I REALLY love that you have that time and connection with your kids. I've done some pretty cool stuff in my life, but fatherhood tops it all and then some.

With my girls getting older, we’ve started watching specific shows with them. Started with StrangerThings, then Umbrella Academy, and now Mandalorian. Planning on binging Lost with them after Mando. It’s a lot of fun and we just love the family bonding over it.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm retro TV almost exclusively.

It feels like they are trying to "reimagine" (barf) just about every TV show from the 80s these days. I'll take the originals, thanks. MacGyver, Magnum, the Equalizer. I did like the new Hawaii five o but that's probably because I never really watched the original.

MASH, Adam 12, Andy Griffith...

Yes I'm old.

I also miss TV theme songs.

Yes I'm a nerd.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

It feels like they are trying to "reimagine" (barf) just about every TV show from the 80s these days. I'll take the originals, thanks. MacGyver, Magnum, the Equalizer. I did like the new Hawaii five o but that's probably because I never really watched the original.

Yes I'm old.

Yes I'm a nerd.
THE only reason Hawaii five 0 and Magnum were rebooted is to keep the studio that VIACOM CBS operates in Hawai'i

Equalizer briefly was a movie between reboots

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
After sports I typically watch Discovery, History and NatGeo.
But with two sons home have been watching Netflix and Disney+ stuff.

Also get a kick out of Bobs Burgers and Rick & Morty.

Man, Bob's Burgers is awesome. One time I went to a live event. Each main character did like a 15 minute standup and then they did a table read. It was great.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Currently way into Call My Agent on Netflix. Highly recommended, unless you can't deal with subtitles.

Almost done with Cobra Kai (so ridiculous and over the top) and The Crown.

Finishing up Superstore. Sad to see it go as it has become an all-time favorite but I'm grateful for the comedy gold it offered.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

Yes I'm old.

Yes I'm a nerd.
The Rockford Files.......James Garner was a pure legend.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Yes I'm old.

Yes I'm a nerd.

Rockford Files theme song -- best ever, IMO.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Watched two great Neflix documentaries recently...

Murder Among the Mormons

Evil Genius

Both excellent.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Speaking of subtitles, has anyone started watching Bear Town (HBO Max)? It’s about an NHL player who moves back to Sweden at the end of his career to coach a local team:

Hockey is the last beacon of hope in Beartown and being responsible for it is a heavy burden. The day of the semi-final match is also the catalyst for a violent act that will leave a young girl traumatized and a town in turmoil.

I’ve only seen the first ep so I haven’t gotten to the trauma and turmoil yet...

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I also liked to watch Ice Road Truckers and Ice Pilots, although I haven't watched either in a while. They stopped Ice Pilots after a few seasons, not sure if IRT is still going.

Reactions: TD Charlie

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I also liked to watch Ice Road Truckers and Ice Pilots, although I haven't watched either in a while. They stopped Ice Pilots after a few seasons, not sure if IRT is still going.
no, but there's been Heavy Rescue and Highway through Hell, both Canadian based programs that the Weather Channel's been running and a 3rd show is coming along the lines of IRT, that deals with Logging trucks that begins in about 2 weeks..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad