OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I;ve been avoiding the house as much as possible - so of course this morning my ex decides to yell at me because "we never hang out"...despite me telling her a hundred or so times, that I have zero desire to "hang out" with her

I think this is a made for Jerry Springer type of situation. I don't know how you do it. Or her for that matter.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
In general, the illiteracy about markets is insane.

Friends and family around my age (30) want to rent money to buy a house but no one wants an IRA. Real f***in' stupid.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I;ve been avoiding the house as much as possible - so of course this morning my ex decides to yell at me because "we never hang out"...despite me telling her a hundred or so times, that I have zero desire to "hang out" with her

LOL...holy shit, she doesn't realize the reason she is an ex is that you don't want to hang out with her

Maybe it's just anecdotal evidence, but people have the the idea that it's super high risk, only for rich people, type of investments.

It generally is. I don't think a hedge fund would even think about entertaining my $5000 account. I would probably need at least two more zeroes on that number

Some exist as subcontractors to larger funds that have trouble managing large amounts of money because of the sheer amount of money or rules regarding investments. Public pension funds come to mind.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
LOL...holy ****, she doesn't realize the reason she is an ex is that you don't want to hang out with her

It generally is. I don't think a hedge fund would even think about entertaining my $5000 account. I would probably need at least two more zeroes on that number

Some exist as subcontractors to larger funds that have trouble managing large amounts of money because of the sheer amount of money or rules regarding investments. Public pension funds come to mind.

It's the whole ''accredited investor'' bullshit, but there's no reason for it. Canada is looking to change the regulations on that.

And on top of that, if you deal with a discretionary advisor, chances are there's some allocation in hedge funds.

And my firm minimum account requirement is 5k.

Most of our funds are on par or higher in terms of performance compared to the benchmark. Up capture ratio of around 70%, with a down capture of 40%.

in 2008, we had a positive return in our market neutral fund. our Long Short fund was down by about 20%

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m very vengeful to the people that wrong me.

It sucks because I’m very sweet to most people. Too sweet for my own good, but when someone hurts me or wrongs me, I wanna make sure they hurt at least almost as much as I hurt. Unless it’s a complete and total accident.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I’m very vengeful to the people that wrong me.

It sucks because I’m very sweet to most people. Too sweet for my own good, but when someone hurts me or wrongs me, I wanna make sure they hurt at least almost as much as I hurt. Unless it’s a complete and total accident.

good thing you dont drink anymore……you'd most likely be in jail (or on the run) at this time

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
good thing you dont drink anymore……you'd most likely be in jail (or on the run) at this time
Haha I don’t think so. When I say vengeful, I have never done anything violent or that would even cause harm or damage to one’s personal property or their lives. I’ve been known to lay a few verbal assaults though.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I bruised my ribs at my work's annual picnic the other day.

We did a tug-of-war and I fell and landed right on them.

Just a really annoying injury to have.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Workmen's comp

see my post above ;)

milk that shit to the highest degree…..there is no honor in 2018…….does anyone really think the boss gives a shit about you?

no. they dont.

if you question this, ask yourself why do they have a kick ass car and a nice huge house while you toil in the bullshit of a lesser wage.

im done working to make others have a nice rich life at the expense of my time, my mind and the crap that goes along with it

Last edited:
Reactions: None Shall Pass

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
see my post above ;)

milk that **** to the highest degree…..there is no honor in 2018…….does anyone really think the boss gives a **** about you?

no. they dont.

if you question this, ask yourself why do they have a kick ass car and a nice huge house while you toil in the bull**** of a lesser wage.

im done working to make others have a nice rich life at the expense of my time, my mind and the crap that goes along with it
At the risk of turning this reply political, you're oversimplifying the issue and contradicting yourself.

You have no idea what he or his boss makes and what the dynamics of their relationship are.

No honor in 2018? It sure doesn't sound like you're pushing the ball forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad