OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The days of true a la carte TV cant be too far away, and I think the way channels get compensated is going to necessarily change.

And it's about time; there's no reason a little old lady who hates sports should be "forced" to pay $8 per month for ESPN.

God I hope so. But I realized that all the non-sports shows I actually like and follow are on different channels. So, like, right now, to have access to those channels' apps or sites, I'd have to pay about $10/month each without my cable package. Which ends up costing as much as cable anyway, with fewer channels.

The other option is to wait the sometimes-months for the new episodes to get to Netflix/Hulu.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Club hockey ACHA.
Those games are actually a heck of a lot of fun. Games are at the Pru Center practice rink all the time and it costs like $5 to get in. Of course the quality isn't great but you have guys making a lot of mistakes which leads to action and entertaining games.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Same, I even find that I start most Devils road games an hour later so I can fast forward commercials.

i do the exact same thing. wait an hour start it, skip commercials/intermissions, and by the time you’re caught up to live there’s <5 mins to go in the third

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Those games are actually a heck of a lot of fun. Games are at the Pru Center practice rink all the time and it costs like $5 to get in. Of course the quality isn't great but you have guys making a lot of mistakes which leads to action and entertaining games.
Yep, and I can guarantee you there will be plenty of mistakes coming from me considering I'm about 10 years older than most of the team haha.

What school?
Hofstra.

Reactions: sabremike

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I really wish I had bought the puts I speculated over a few months back regarding TSLA. I would have made a killing; stocks down ~$120/share in the last month. Musk's seemingly still in the middle of a Brittany Spears / Charlie Sheen style public meltdown.

Reactions: New Jersey

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I finally got to try out last night. I held my own, at least I wasn't the slowest on the rink. I'm sore as all hell today though. My groin and hammies are both shot.

Good show and good luck old man. Now get in that ice bath!

When do you find out if you made the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad