OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
now that my parents are involved, since it's their house it should be easier. She doesn't listen to me when I try to reason with her, but my dad is more intimidating. If she doesn have a place, he plans on contacting her mother, and the police if needed after that

I'm no longer certain her mother would be much help honestly.

last week I texted her mother (at 3am to be fair) that she needed to talk to her daughter about her life choices lately, since she was texting me at 230 AM telling me she was drunk and wanted to drive home to see me. I really don't need her drunk driving accident on my conscience right now. I even texted her the following morning apologizing for the late text, but stating that it was coming from a place of concern( I genuinely do wish the girl well, just not with me)

No response from the mother :/

Make sure that she is served with a written notice to vacate because any verbal agreement won't hold up in court

Reactions: OmNomNom

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
One of the funny parts about going to Seton Hall:

Getting to conflate Hall and The Hall when talking about going to watch sports at the Rock.

bah dum tss

If season tickets are affordable enough in conjunction with me ultimately selling half the Devils' schedule, I might consider it. (I can talk about my degree but that's less fun than talking sports, so I choose not to.)

My priorities are very much in order.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
One of the funny parts about going to Seton Hall:

Getting to conflate Hall and The Hall when talking about going to watch sports at the Rock.

bah dum tss

If season tickets are affordable enough in conjunction with me ultimately selling half the Devils' schedule, I might consider it. (I can talk about my degree but that's less fun than talking sports, so I choose not to.)

My priorities are very much in order.

The area around Seton Hall scares me.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Going east on SO Ave quickly puts you in a rough area of Newark's West Ward , though underage students have always frequented the liquor stores there.
Years back there were after hours clubs run by off duty Newark PD.

Downtown SO is not bad, a few bars and eateries.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

Going east on SO Ave quickly puts you in a rough area of Newark's West Ward , though underage students have always frequented the liquor stores there.
Years back there were after hours clubs run by off duty Newark PD.

Downtown SO is not bad, a few bars and eateries.

I'm not too concerned about driving a mile and a half down SO Ave from the campus to the Parkway at ~9:30 pm. Then again, I have no intention of missing the Parkway entrance and cruising through Newark West Side.

South Orange Ave is a county route and has a carries a lot of the surrounding area's through traffic, anyway. I would imagine a lot of people living on the more affluent side of South Orange by South Mountain use it as their main route to the Parkway.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm not too concerned about driving a mile and a half down SO Ave from the campus to the Parkway at ~9:30 pm. Then again, I have no intention of missing the Parkway entrance and cruising through Newark West Side.

South Orange Ave is a county route and has a carries a lot of the surrounding area's through traffic, anyway. I would imagine a lot of people living on the more affluent side of South Orange by South Mountain use it as their main route to the Parkway.

I only have one experience around there. Dropped a friend off for grad orientation. Went to McDonalds to kill sometime and it was crackhead central and generally felt unsafe lol.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

If you miss the entrance just remember that stop signs and red lights are optional

Reactions: Davegarri

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I only have one experience around there. Dropped a friend off for grad orientation. Went to McDonalds to kill sometime and it was crackhead central and generally felt unsafe lol.

The 24-hour White Castle on SO Ave. might be a stop I make at some point :laugh:

If you miss the entrance just remember that stop signs and red lights are optional

Yeah, from what I understand/have heard, South Orange Ave. seems substantially less blighted/unsafe west of the Parkway as opposed to east of it. During the day it's a very busy thoroughfare, and at night there are 24-hour businesses and it's generally well-lit.

Can't speak on South Orange Ave. as it cuts through the West Side of Newark though. I have no reason to drive down there, ever.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The 24-hour White Castle on SO Ave. might be a stop I make at some point :laugh:

Yeah, from what I understand/have heard, South Orange Ave. seems substantially less blighted/unsafe west of the Parkway as opposed to east of it. During the day it's a very busy thoroughfare, and at night there are 24-hour businesses and it's generally well-lit.

Can't speak on South Orange Ave. as it cuts through the West Side of Newark though. I have no reason to drive down there, ever.

SO Ave west of the GSP isn't great but it's a manageable drive.

Like driving through any urban areas, pay attention to your surroundings and there is a good chance you'll be fine.

That White Castle is actually in East Orange
For a few blocks on SO Ave, Newark is on one side of the street and EO is on the other.

There is a good chance that you will stop in South Orange Fine Wine & Spirits liquor store at some point. It's a block into Newark from South Orange, very safe for the first few blocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: New Jersey

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
freedom at last …..

…some animal was caught up in the stovepipe/chimney of the wood stove for 3 days ….every time i went to take it apart it would run back into the brickwork…..finally just took it apart out of the wall and there was a young squirrel looking back at me maybe a foot away, completely calm. i just stood there with a box under the hole in the wall and waited for it to climb out enough so i could cover it with an old LP.

it was tame as f***…. glad it didnt die in there.

looks like a trip to the roof is in order to reset the mesh on the smoke stack

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't bother with mobile at all. I like to take my time and read discussions. I can't do that on mobile. Screen's too small.
I have to use my phone when browsing and posting this site a lot of the time, as I'm on the run a lot. When I'm home I try not to use it.

I know what you mean though. Relatively short posts can wind up looking excessive when viewing on a mobile device.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I came here for the @Bleedred and @Scorcho updates.

I leave, disappointed and unfulfilled.
I'm pretty disappointed and unfulfilled myself.

I have no updates, because there really aren't any updates to give. Unfortunately. Haven't heard from my former female companion. Went into her work as a customer on Monday night. She treated me like a random customer. I treated her like a random employee.

I only go in there still because I don't want her to think she got the best of me or that she hurt me so bad that I need to avoid her and go out of my way to hide from her and plan my life around not coming into contact with her. I've been a regular at her store since long before she started working there. Coincidentally, one of the last women I dated (which was almost 5 years ago now) also worked at this store. It was years apart though, they didn't know each other. I did avoid going in there while she put me on her stupid ''Probationary'' period of ''Don't talk to me until August 3rd'', unless I knew for sure that she wasn't working and her car wasn't there. Not anymore though, because everything is over.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I came here for the @Bleedred and @Scorcho updates.

I leave, disappointed and unfulfilled.

I;ve been avoiding the house as much as possible - so of course this morning my ex decides to yell at me because "we never hang out"...despite me telling her a hundred or so times, that I have zero desire to "hang out" with her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad