OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I don't even think I'd qualify for workmen's comp because I'm not missing work?

I mean, the rest of my life kinda sucks right now, but my job has me sitting at a desk and typing all day. As long as I have hands, I can do it.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
see my post above ;)

milk that **** to the highest degree…..there is no honor in 2018…….does anyone really think the boss gives a **** about you?

no. they dont.

if you question this, ask yourself why do they have a kick ass car and a nice huge house while you toil in the bull**** of a lesser wage.

im done working to make others have a nice rich life at the expense of my time, my mind and the crap that goes along with it

You, me, and Marx agree! :)

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
see my post above ;)

milk that **** to the highest degree…..there is no honor in 2018…….does anyone really think the boss gives a **** about you?

no. they dont.

if you question this, ask yourself why do they have a kick ass car and a nice huge house while you toil in the bull**** of a lesser wage.

im done working to make others have a nice rich life at the expense of my time, my mind and the crap that goes along with it

There is no honor because the working class is a bunch of entitled whiny bitches.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
We should be. Without us, the CEOs would just be a bunch of philosophers - all ideas, nothing tangible.

No, because there's always someone else out there who can replace you, but you cannot easily replace a CEO or business owner. You should take a second to ask yourself where would you be without those CEOs. Most likely in a shantytown under the Brooklyn Bridge. The reason this country is going down the toilet is because hard work and innovation is punished while being a lazy parasite who lives off government handouts and the work of others is glorified by the media.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
No, because there's always someone else out there who can replace you, but you cannot easily replace a CEO or business owner. You should take a second to ask yourself where would you be without those CEOs. Most likely in a shantytown under the Brooklyn Bridge. The reason this country is going down the toilet is because hard work and innovation is punished while being a lazy parasite who lives off government handouts and the work of others is glorified by the media.

The media is like a gossip magazine... all but fox spend their respective hours bashing the president for everything, no matter what else is happening that actually affects every day people.

There are still a bunch lazy people who dont work(think most of those antifa people and all the weekday "protesters") and millions still live off the govt. That number has come down since the other guy left, and imo will come down much more. For as bad as that problem is, it was alot worse 2 years ago.

Reactions: JK3

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Preach!

Reactions: njdevils1982

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

shit i shouldn't have signed up for grad school. maybe i should also stop producing at work.

following in the footsteps of my working class dad would have clearly led to a much better life.

[when not even the tan is sacred anymore :shakehead]

There are still a bunch lazy people who dont work (think most of those antifa people and all the weekday "protesters") and millions still live off the govt. That number has come down since the other guy left, and imo will come down much more. For as bad as that problem is, it was alot worse 2 years ago.

:biglaugh:yeah where do i sign up for this sick welfare salary that affords me the privilege of living on the west side of newark?

but really my paycheck comes from the government. its for real work but does that count?

Last edited:
Reactions: None Shall Pass

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is probably the most political I’ve gotten in a while on here, but I feel like Fox News pushes a certain agenda and they do it much more blatantly than the other networks. The other networks have their own agenda and certain things they push and follow, but I feel they’re a little more vague and subtle about it.

I try not to watch any of them. Just the local news sometimes, which I haven’t even turned on in months.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
This is probably the most political I’ve gotten in a while on here, but I feel like Fox News pushes a certain agenda and they do it much more blatantly than the other networks. The other networks have their own agenda and certain things they push and follow, but I feel they’re a little more vague and subtle about it.

I try not to watch any of them. Just the local news sometimes, which I haven’t even turned on in months.

100% this. Big cable news needs to really die

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Msnbc is the worst followed by CNN

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
Started getting the bike ready for a weekend of nice weather and riding.
Cd0a9C5l.jpg

Reactions: New Jersey

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
what the hell did i start here :laugh:

A bunch of working class folks ranting against their own best interests (So about half of American politics - enjoy Canada my friend).

First off, the real estate under the Brooklyn Bridge is some of the most expensive in NYC. I WISH I could afford to live there.

Second off, a CEO is nothing without the workers. Nothing. Period. Unless you think ten guys with business school degrees are going to do all of the actual work that a company entails. Fat chance. As a person, I am absolutely replaceable. As a unit, the working class is far more important than the CEO. Having ideas and telling other people to do it isn't some mythical skill that only a few people possess. That line of thinking is such a scam.

Third, what world do you live in that people who live off of "government handouts" (As if such a thing exists - we all pay taxes in one way or another that pay for or at least subsidize those) are GLORIFIED?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't understand why people complain so much? There is so much opportunity out there and always has been...there are idiots making bank doing stupid YouTube videos...what a freaking country... labor vs management is a farcical dichotomy concocted by the political class for nothing more than division and acquisition of power...you can do whatever the f*** you want to do in this great land and your only limitations are yourself.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The media is like a gossip magazine... all but fox spend their respective hours bashing the president for everything, no matter what else is happening that actually affects every day people.

There are still a bunch lazy people who dont work(think most of those antifa people and all the weekday "protesters") and millions still live off the govt. That number has come down since the other guy left, and imo will come down much more. For as bad as that problem is, it was alot worse 2 years ago.

Geez, it's like there's a reason that almost all of these protests take place on the weekend.

Local news is just as bad, maybe even worse, depending on who you ask. They're mostly owned by news conglomerates, like Sinclair Broadcasting.

Example: Sinclair Made Dozens of Local News Anchors Recite the Same Script

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Second off, a CEO is nothing without the workers. Nothing. Period. Unless you think ten guys with business school degrees are going to do all of the actual work that a company entails. Fat chance. As a person, I am absolutely replaceable. As a unit, the working class is far more important than the CEO. Having ideas and telling other people to do it isn't some mythical skill that only a few people possess. That line of thinking is such a scam.

As a unit the working class is already being replaced by machines. What you fail to realize is that without the CEOs you so despise we'd be living in feudalism and your "valuable" working class would be farming my land. In hindsight the Catholic Church was right, and universal education and suffrage were major mistakes because now every ungrateful twerp like you has an attitude. The world would be a much better place if you were spending each day worrying about how to put food on your table, but instead of that we now have to live with you running around being entitled, preaching your own delusional thoughts (mostly about how you're somehow entitled to tax me, ie legal theft), and trying to figure out what gender you are, etc.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
As a unit the working class is already being replaced by machines. What you fail to realize is that without the CEOs you so despise we'd be living in feudalism and your "valuable" working class would be farming my land. In hindsight the Catholic Church was right, and universal education and suffrage were major mistakes because now every ungrateful twerp like you has an attitude. The world would be a much better place if you were spending each day worrying about how to put food on your table, but instead of that we now have to live with you running around being entitled, preaching your own delusional thoughts, and trying to figure out what gender you are, etc.

ok this one is actually despicable, implying that fostering a permanent underclass, one which is poorly educated and can't vote, at the state level would ultimately be beneficial to society (or yourself at least, which is my assumption).

what f***ing year do you think it is? if you're upset with everyone having a right to education and to vote maybe you should move to the middle east where more would agree with you.

edit: i'd also like to point out the forced gender joke while gender identity was no where remotely a topic of discussion here. sounds like you have a lot of suppressed angst external to this context.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad