OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
totally works, don't let any social "stigmas" knock you from it. there's also coffee meets bagel. it's what you make of it really, and i've had quite a bit of success with dates. most people are normal.

tinder is quite the mindless grind though
What do you think is better? I tried POF 4 years ago and it was plenty of flakes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i think people on CMB tend to be more interested in relationships.

i'm not sure if OKCupid works anymore, but i met my last ex (2 year relationship) through that. just make sure you're not rebounding
Just wanna date a bit and whatever happens, happens. I'm still very much open to patching things up with the one I just had the fight with, but I understand that it may be too far gone and that I may need to move on.

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
Just wanna date a bit and whatever happens, happens. I'm still very much open to patching things up with the one I just had the fight with, but I understand that it may be too far gone and that I may need to move on.
You've just spent the last few pages about how you screwed up and wanted it to work with someone, now you're jumping on the online dating train?

Dude take a break and get over this one before jumping in to something else, otherwise history will repeat.

Reactions: Darkauron

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You've just spent the last few pages about how you screwed up and wanted it to work with someone, now you're jumping on the online dating train?

Dude take a break and get over this one before jumping in to something else, otherwise history will repeat.
Really don’t wanna take a break at this point. I’ve done nothing but taken a break for about 4.5 years before I met her.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're all over the place. Honestly, it doesn't come across too well.
I wanna find someone else. No use in taking a break after a relationship that wasn’t really that long to begin with. I still have feelings for her, but sometimes you gotta move on.

I met the longest girlfriend I ever had after a short relationship like this, where I really cared about the girl. That was 21 years ago though.... half a lifetime ago for me.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Bleed, I think you should definitely try to find others to date. Date a few different women if you can. As long as it isn’t exclusive and you aren’t in a relationship then that’s okay. The worst thing you can do is to commit to someone that you’re just getting to know. It burned me when I was in my late 20’s. What prompted me to find my first love was when I had my heart smashed by my first lust. As you remember back during the 2003 playoffs. I met another girl about 6 months after meeting her and considered leaving her for the other girl and very nearly cheated on her before coming to my senses. I realized that she was a godsend, an angel sent to me, and I’m not in the least bit religious, but I still believe that. We both cried in each other’s arms when I told her I was considering “Taking a break”. I broke her heart then and there, but I quickly mended it and realized she wasn’t just some rebound or someone to help me get over someone a half year prior. I came within a quarter inch of throwing her away. We didn’t end up together for life, but she saved mine. You remember the shape I was in back in 2003.

Our darkest days sometimes precede our brightest ones. There’s a saying like that, but I’m not sure of the exact phrase. You don’t need months or even weeks to get over someone you have only been with a couple months.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Bleed, I think you should definitely try to find others to date. Date a few different women if you can. As long as it isn’t exclusive and you aren’t in a relationship then that’s okay. The worst thing you can do is to commit to someone that you’re just getting to know. It burned me when I was in my late 20’s. What prompted me to find my first love was when I had my heart smashed by my first lust. As you remember back during the 2003 playoffs. I met another girl about 6 months after meeting her and considered leaving her for the other girl and very nearly cheated on her before coming to my senses. I realized that she was a godsend, an angel sent to me, and I’m not in the least bit religious, but I still believe that. We both cried in each other’s arms when I told her I was considering “Taking a break”. I broke her heart then and there, but I quickly mended it and realized she wasn’t just some rebound or someone to help me get over someone a half year prior. I came within a quarter inch of throwing her away. We didn’t end up together for life, but she saved mine. You remember the shape I was in back in 2003.

Our darkest days sometimes precede our brightest ones. There’s a saying like that, but I’m not sure of the exact phrase. You don’t need months or even weeks to get over someone you have only been with a couple months.
474e50688f5d11207fbf908c24a08bf1.png

Reactions: Darkauron

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Or try fishing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just threw up in my mouth a little bit haha.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Alert: the Live Nation/TM voucher thing is back. Plenty of shows at PNC Bank Arts Center available, I got Weezer, Smashing Pumpkins and 311/Offspring.

just saw weezer and pixies (well missed most of pixies as people i was with got banned on the way in due to looking too drunk....i talked the security people to get everyone but it took an hour....i was sober....maybe thats why i was taken seriously) but weezer was amazing....for a toronto crowd there wasnt one person not singing along the whole show.....incredible atmosphere, great set

Weezer Setlist at Budweiser Stage, Toronto

also check this out ....im thinking i might catch flight there in october.....social distortion!! (among others)

SURF CITY BLITZ Festival

only 90 some odd dollars for both days

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
, post: 148199251, member: 119875"]I hear you with that last one! No woman over the house means more time for hockey! But that's the thing, I haven't had women over the house a lot for the past several years. This isn't the worst feeling, I was in a 5+ year relationship when I was 21-26 (that's going back some time ago). I was hurt, but much more accepting, because that relationship ran its course. It was over. There were a lot of signs that it was over. What happened yesterday was a matter of a fight, not any kind of warning sign where things just ended.

The one I was with for 5 years, she was the best. There's never been another like her. It's been a decade and a half and I've still not come across one like her. She was the unicorn. Like, remember in A Bronx Tale (if you've seen it) where Sonny says ''You're only allowed three great women in your life?''. Well that was definitely one for me. There was another that was two. This one was on the way to being three, but it was still too early.

That's not to say I've dated bad women, they were okay or really good people, just not someone you click with or really like. I really liked this one that I've had this fight with. That's the only reason I even bring it up on here. It's something that's actively hurting me.

I will say one thing, I saw her online an hour or two ago. She was on for a while. I wanted to really send her another message, but I didn't. I came to a realization that this was my first bit of muscle that I've built over this. That was the first sign that I was a bit stronger than I thought I was. I'm gonna contact her eventually, but not today, not tomorrow, I'm gonna try for Thursday. If she contacts me before that? That's a good sign. If she doesn't contact me before that? It's necessarily a bad sign either.

i met one in '96 ...too bad she lives in mexico the last 10 years teaching and is with someone else.......shes back around here right now until august sometime so weve been hanging out,

her mother died the day she landed in canada for her month vactation.....its been a crazy 10 days since man

sometimes that great woman just doesnt end up happening for whatever circumstances or reasons...and ya we've talked about "being together" a few times in the 22 years that have passed.

im sure as f*** not confident that ill ever meet anyone though.....im way too picky .....

oh well...maybe ill just settle for whoever eventually and it would suck just to settle

oh well indeed huh

Reactions: Bleedred

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
just saw weezer and pixies (well missed most of pixies as people i was with got banned on the way in due to looking too drunk....i talked the security people to get everyone but it took an hour....i was sober....maybe thats why i was taken seriously) but weezer was amazing....for a toronto crowd there wasnt one person not singing along the whole show.....incredible atmosphere, great set

Weezer Setlist at Budweiser Stage, Toronto

also check this out ....im thinking i might catch flight there in october.....social distortion!! (among others)

SURF CITY BLITZ Festival

only 90 some odd dollars for both days
Wait, they wouldn't let your friends in because they looked drunk? The beer up there is like the strongest in the world, I thought being drunk (unless you are the designated driver) was mandatory? This isn't the Canada I know and love!

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Wait, they wouldn't let your friends in because they looked drunk? The beer up there is like the strongest in the world, I thought being drunk (unless you are the designated driver) was mandatory? This isn't the Canada I know and love!

i was the DD....gave myself a max 5 beers ands a huge meal from 5 pm to 1 am with my 215 lbs body....but ya the others were rocked on beers and mezcal pretty nicely by 8 pm ......the power tripping "c u next tuesday" security guard was just on a mission to well.....power trip

even ripped my ticket out of my hand at the entrance just because i knew the others.....

i said " thats ok, i printed extra copies ....well get in soon enough" as we all walked away........but ya, i have amazing reasoning skills and got the guard right back on my side fast enough....... she just said ....how about have your friends "sober up" for say, 45 minutes to an hour and come back.

this is after they gave her a full on profanity laced attack in front of everyone else waiting to get in.

sure it was very reactionary and not normal actions of these people.....but when you party hard and are looking forward to something and someone else f***s the night .......

you go off sometimes, we all have our moments

pro tip......always have someone sober to babysit the adults drinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i met one in '96 ...too bad she lives in mexico the last 10 years teaching and is with someone else.......shes back around here right now until august sometime so weve been hanging out,

her mother died the day she landed in canada for her month vactation.....its been a crazy 10 days since man

sometimes that great woman just doesnt end up happening for whatever circumstances or reasons...and ya we've talked about "being together" a few times in the 22 years that have passed.

im sure as **** not confident that ill ever meet anyone though.....im way too picky .....

oh well...maybe ill just settle for whoever eventually and it would suck just to settle

oh well indeed huh
I used to have a friend with benefits down here, that I met while vacationing down here, years and years before moving here. I think I met her around 96. Back then, we were at ages where I was an adult already, but she was still a minor. We were 6 years apart and that was a big difference at the ages we were then. So nothing ever happened between us back then, but she had a crush on me. I met her through some friends I had that were my age, friends I still have today. She got a little too obsessed with me back then, but I told her that maybe someday we'd both be adults and maybe things would change. Really, I was just telling her this to make her feel better. I had no attraction to her because she was like 14 when I was 20. In the meantime, I wound up being with the one I had been with for 5 years. Once that was over, I had met up with this other one again and we were both adults by this time. So we started hooking up whenever I was in town and if she was single. We had a huge falling out around 2007. I don't even remember what dumb shit happened anymore, but I was visiting for Thanksgiving weekend and took a vacation down here when I still lived in Jersey. Something I always did back then before I moved here, as well as during Christmas or New Years and Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. I saw us play the Lightning that weekend back in 2007 down here, she was blowing my phone up while I was at the game. We stopped speaking after that. When I moved down here in 2011, she had moved out of state just months prior, at least that's what I had found out.

We got in touch back at the beginning of 2017, but she had way too much baggage at that point. Drug problems, had kids who were taken away from her. She wasn't at all the one I had known so many years prior. She was moving back, so we made plans to get together. I figured out that I just didn't like who she was anymore, so I pulled the plug on those plans before she had even got here. I think she's down here now, but I'm surprised I've never run into her in the last little over a year.

A little different from your situation, as you're on good terms with the one you speak of. Hopefully, things end up exactly the way you want with her in the end. Whether that's ''Being together'' or getting together when she's visiting and you see her.

Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I used to have a friend with benefits down here, that I met while vacationing down here, years and years before moving here. I think I met her around 96. Back then, we were at ages where I was an adult already, but she was still a minor. We were 6 years apart and that was a big difference at the ages we were then. So nothing ever happened between us back then, but she had a crush on me. I met her through some friends I had that were my age, friends I still have today. She got a little too obsessed with me back then, but I told her that maybe someday we'd both be adults and maybe things would change. Really, I was just telling her this to make her feel better. I had no attraction to her because she was like 14 when I was 20. In the meantime, I wound up being with the one I had been with for 5 years. Once that was over, I had met up with this other one again and we were both adults by this time. So we started hooking up whenever I was in town and if she was single. We had a huge falling out around 2007. I don't even remember what dumb **** happened anymore, but I was visiting for Thanksgiving weekend and took a vacation down here when I still lived in Jersey. Something I always did back then before I moved here, as well as during Christmas or New Years and Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. I saw us play the Lightning that weekend back in 2007 down here, she was blowing my phone up while I was at the game. We stopped speaking after that. When I moved down here in 2011, she had moved out of state just months prior, at least that's what I had found out.

We got in touch back at the beginning of 2017, but she had way too much baggage at that point. Drug problems, had kids who were taken away from her. She wasn't at all the one I had known so many years prior. She was moving back, so we made plans to get together. I figured out that I just didn't like who she was anymore, so I pulled the plug on those plans before she had even got here. I think she's down here now, but I'm surprised I've never run into her in the last little over a year.

A little different from your situation, as you're on good terms with the one you speak of. Hopefully, things end up exactly the way you want with her in the end. Whether that's ''Being together'' or getting together when she's visiting and you see her.

things are always fine between us......hell, we take trips over the 22+years on our own even when shes in relationships...its a tight bond.

were like family now

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
how i stumbled upon this, who knows.....but really.

this person needs a good slap in the face to get her back to reality,.....f*** right off

or better meds......wow....what psychotic behavior

its quite obvious her own service dog isnt working for her mental health

at the same time completly oblivious to the fact that she is bothering other people with something thats not her business to begin with and not really affecting anyone else but her delusions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad