OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm just feeling a bit hopeless right now. The last we talked, she said she would talk to me on August 3rd. She's going away for a few days at the end of the month and needs time. She ruled out any romantic possibility in the future. Maybe that changes when we talk again and things can be fixed. I won't stick around to be friends only though. I feel really terrible about myself for having wrecked this. Just gutted and hate myself.

Is it hockey season yet? Life seems simpler when it is.
That's definitely the truth.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
do you think about it/have cravings still? or have you kind of just forgetten about it on the daily, and it was like "oh, 2 years"
Most days I just forget about it but not a week goes by when I smell a cigarette and start drooling. :)

I thought eventually that I would be put off by the smell but that hasn't happened at all, it still smells wonderfully enticing to me.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
of course the two best shows are this week and i cant make it :(

That "settlement" was such a complete farce. A brilliant farce on the part of TM.

The lawyers got some millions (as they always do) and they aggrieved got "payment" in the form of "vouchers", MOST of which will never be used.

The "free" concerts are typically crap, like, "Larry's 1950's Polka Review" or some nonsense nobody attends. The best I've done is saved $2.25 a few times, but I have SO MANY vouchers that there's no way I could possibly use them all by June 2020.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
That "settlement" was such a complete farce. A brilliant farce on the part of TM.

The lawyers got some millions (as they always do) and they aggrieved got "payment" in the form of "vouchers", MOST of which will never be used.

The "free" concerts are typically crap, like, "Larry's 1950's Polka Review" or some nonsense nobody attends. The best I've done is saved $2.25 a few times, but I have SO MANY vouchers that there's no way I could possibly use them all by June 2020.

I saw sublime with rome and the offspring last year and have used them before.

If I wasn't going camping this weekend, I would definitely be using vouchers for Taking Back Sunday/Coheed And Cambria tomorrow and then The Pixies/Weezer Friday.

those are big shows imo

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i've been vaping for two months now and maybe had like five/six drunk cigarettes in that window (hanging out on a weekend-long bender with an old high school friend visiting from florida was the majority of those), but i still don't remind the smell of other people's cigarettes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So, let me ask this.

Does Tinder work? I'm looking for anything right now, I'm really open to anything, be it casual hookups, FWB/FB, or dating/eventual relationship/eventual marriage someday.

I just tend to take things wherever they go. I'm pretty much looking for whatever happens. I'm open to anything but platonic friendship. I've never used it before, but just signed up. Having trouble deciding which pictures I like and don't like. It at least gave me something exciting to do for a few minutes just now.

I've been saying I'm gonna sign up for years, but just bit the bullet.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The weird thing about this to a non-smoker, is it's akin to drooling at the smell of poop.
I can understand that. But I think for a smoker the smell is a powerful trigger. The smell of freshly brewed coffee also really makes me want a cigarette...three beers and the real struggle begins.
So I have just become a little more aware of these things and planned around them.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
So, let me ask this.

Does Tinder work? I'm looking for anything right now, I'm really open to anything, be it casual hookups, FWB/FB, or dating/eventual relationship/eventual marriage someday.

I just tend to take things wherever they go. I'm pretty much looking for whatever happens. I'm open to anything but platonic friendship. I've never used it before, but just signed up. Having trouble deciding which pictures I like and don't like. It at least gave me something exciting to do for a few minutes just now.

worked for me - but I'm 28, definitely worth the shot tho. as long as you can talk to girls, you should be fine

Reactions: Bleedred

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I will say Tinder can leave you with a huge disappointment if you go in it with the wrong frame of mind and expectations.

Go in to it without expecting much and try to not take it to seriously at all. It can be very hard to get matches or actual even real conversations. It is a big statistics game

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
worked for me - but I'm 28, definitely worth the shot tho. as long as you can talk to girls, you should be fine
I'm quite a bit older than you, but I often get mistaken for much younger, even though I don't really see it or agree. I think it's more the way I dress, that seems to take away some years. It also depends on what mirror I look in. I look like hell in some of them, then pretty youthful in others.

I'm riding a high right now that I haven't in years. I'm much more sociable, I'll flirt with women anywhere I go, which was something I struggled with for a lot of my adult life. This playful flirting was actually how I met and attracted the woman I've been speaking about in this thread, when I would go into her work. She definitely made it a lot easier for me by being very easy to flirt with. That's because she had a high attraction/interest level in me, before I completely demolished it 4 days ago. The fact that she's 29 years old (I'm 42) also gave me a bit of confidence, but I'm not necessarily looking in that age demographic. I'm open to anyone from mid 20's to about 50-ish, as long as there's attraction.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I'm quite a bit older than you, but I often get mistaken for much younger, even though I don't really see it or agree. I think it's more the way I dress, that seems to take away some years. It also depends on what mirror I look in. I look like hell in some of them, then pretty youthful in others.

I'm riding a high right now that I haven't in years. I'm much more sociable, I'll flirt with women anywhere I go, which was something I struggled with for a lot of my adult life. This playful flirting was actually how I met and attracted the woman I've been speaking about in this thread, when I would go into her work. She definitely made it a lot easier for me by being very easy to flirt with. That's because she had a high attraction/interest level in me, before I completely demolished it 4 days ago. The fact that she's 29 years old (I'm 42) also gave me a bit of confidence, but I'm not necessarily looking in that age demographic. I'm open to anyone from mid 20's to about 50-ish, as long as there's attraction.

If you want to look / feel even younger -> look into low carb/keto diets

I know it sounds silly, but I recently started one for my stomach issues (Crohns/ibs) and holy shit does my stomach feel better and I actually have the energy to go to the gym multiple times a week. And people have told me I look much more youthful and energetic than i have lately. Its definitely a hard shift for someone like me who loves his sweets and carbs, but the payoff so far is worth it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

I know it sounds silly, but I recently started one for my stomach issues (Crohns/ibs) and holy **** does my stomach feel better and I actually have the energy to go to the gym multiple times a week. And people have told me I look much more youthful and energetic than i have lately. Its definitely a hard shift for someone like me who loves his sweets and carbs, but the payoff so far is worth it.

Also, quit all carbonated beverages, especially soda and beer, and you'll see a difference within a month.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Quitting soda (with the exception of Baja Blast while eating Taco Bell) was practically life changing. I can hardly drink it now, I just feel like garbage afterward.

I'm guilty of drinking soda when going out to dinner now and then but I stopped buying it at stores .

Same with cold cuts, only once in awhile when I'll buy a sub at a deli.
I no longer keep them in my fridge.

Last time I had a grilled cheese with Kraft American Cheese I felt sick for hours.

The preservatives and other chemicals in cold cuts are simply not good for human consumption

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I know it sounds silly, but I recently started one for my stomach issues (Crohns/ibs) and holy **** does my stomach feel better and I actually have the energy to go to the gym multiple times a week. And people have told me I look much more youthful and energetic than i have lately. Its definitely a hard shift for someone like me who loves his sweets and carbs, but the payoff so far is worth it.
I actually lost over 100 pounds four years ago and have kept it off.

Been on there for an hour and have only matched with a bot so far haha.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm guilty of drinking soda when going out to dinner now and then but I stopped buying it at stores .

Same with cold cuts, only once in awhile when I'll buy a sub at a deli.
I no longer keep them in my fridge.

Last time I had a grilled cheese with Kraft American Cheese I felt sick for hours.

The preservatives and other chemicals in cold cuts are simply not good for human consumption

This is tough though because I love cold cuts, but I definitely would be better off without them. That is awesome you were able to do that though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You will learn which are bots pretty quickly lmao. They have only one picture, are usually too hot, and the images look off looool
Yeah I figured it was a bot from the beginning, but accidentally swiped to like. I also accidentally swiped nope on a couple different ones I wanted to swipe like on. :laugh:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

+1 on keto, i was my heaviest about 1.5 years ago at 176 (i'm 5'-8.5")

my friend at work did keto and dropped a ton, and i joined in and dropped 20 lbs in 4 months.

normalized out to 162, but started lifting again about 2 months ago, so now my body shape is different

it's pretty amazing what watching your diet can do (keeping blood sugar low, cutting out fats when possible, eating less processed foods)

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
So, let me ask this.

totally works, don't let any social "stigmas" knock you from it. there's also coffee meets bagel. it's what you make of it really, and i've had quite a bit of success with dates. most people are normal.

tinder is quite the mindless grind though

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad