OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 196 Fall to Winter (BLAH) Wait its Hockey Time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Eurasian snow cover is nearly at a record for this time of year. Only 1 year in the last 40 had more early snow.

This is great news for northeastern snow lovers as > average early snow there correlates to > average snow years here.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Eurasian snow cover is nearly at a record for this time of year. Only 1 year in the last 40 had more early snow.

This is great news for northeastern snow lovers as > average early snow there correlates to > average snow years here.

A lot of snow cover. According to the video the last five days has seen some snow receding. Hitler might have wanted access to this type of information during his incursions.:laugh:

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Had the worst commute from Herald Sq to Astoria. MTA ****ing me big time.

Took me three hours to get from Newark to Astoria. Had to eventually take a cab since the subway wasn't going to come and they put in place a shuttle bus. Hundreds of pissed off people. Easily 300, maybe more.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've been after one particular deer for 2 months. I've been within 20 yards of him 4 times but it was never an ideal situation.

So I go out yesterday afternoon and pull into the spot I park my truck and there he is laying down 20 yards from where I park...I took pictures for about 1/2 an hour and left him alone to breed the doe he was with...it was a good day.

10537713_560036360763017_4179853472257614453_o_zpsfd6afe73.jpg

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Had the worst commute from Herald Sq to Astoria. MTA ****ing me big time.

Took me three hours to get from Newark to Astoria.

OMG what a nightmare.

I've been after one particular deer for 2 months. I've been within 20 yards of him 4 times but it was never an ideal situation.

That arrogant buck is openly taunting you now.

Weird that he was just laying down in a very open area. Do you think that odd behaviour is because the rut may have started?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
That arrogant buck is openly taunting you now.

Weird that he was just laying down in a very open area. Do you think that odd behaviour is because the rut may have started?

Rut is going on and he was with a doe...When does come into estrous the buck will follow the scent like it was the music of the Pied Piper -- Even if it is across an interstate.

If you are ever uncertain if the rut is going on just drive along Rt 287, 78 or 80 and count how many bucks you see that have been hit by cars...I counted 5 yesterday in 14 miles of interstate highway driving. They will follow that scent to oblivion.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If you are ever uncertain if the rut is going on just drive along Rt 287, 78 or 80 and count how many bucks you see that have been hit by cars...I counted 5 yesterday in 14 miles of interstate highway driving. They will follow that scent to oblivion.

I saw one last night walking right down the middle of the road I live on (7 pointer). Odd behaviour. He eventually went into the woods, but only when I got to within probably 10 yards of him.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
People are being arrested for feeding the homeless in Florida. Last week a 90 year old man and a priest were arrested.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Guy ate 20 potatoes a day for 60 days at maintenance calories. He only added herbs which are 0 calories. His blood levels improved while he lost 23 pounds!

http://www.20potatoesaday.com/index.html

Here is a video of him shopping. He basically does a experiment with potatoes since they are affordable and one of the top 5 loaded nutrient foods. One week worth of groceries only cost him $7!

Last edited:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Guy ate 20 potatoes a day for 60 days at maintenance calories. He only added herbs which are 0 calories. His blood levels improved while he lost 23 pounds!

http://www.20potatoesaday.com/index.html

Here is a video of him shopping. He basically does a experiment with potatoes since they are affordable and one of the top 5 loaded nutrient foods. One week worth of groceries only cost him $7!

While that's impressive, the most impressive part is he can stomach that many potatoes without adding any butter/oil. A dry potato with only herbs? Cotton mouth just thinking about it.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
While that's impressive, the most impressive part is he can stomach that many potatoes without adding any butter/oil. A dry potato with only herbs? Cotton mouth just thinking about it.

I could easily do that (the dry bit, not the diet). I usually only add salt, chives, and just barely any butter. It's good.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The special on the guy who killed Bin Laden is about to start on Fox News.

This will be interesting.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
http://rosetta.esa.int/

Rosetta seeks it's stone. Landing should happen around 10:30 am.

London (CNN) -- The Rosetta mission to land a probe on Comet 67P is past the point of no return, the European Space Agency (ESA) announced on Wednesday.
"There is no going back now," the agency said after the spacecraft's lander was released for its trip to the surface.
If it succeeds it will be the first time a spacecraft has landed on a comet.
The Philae lander separated from the mother ship Rosetta around 3:30 a.m. ET to begin its 7-hour descent.
Philae, which has spent 10 years fixed to the side of Rosetta during the journey across the solar system, cannot be steered. Once it was released, it was on its own.

GhostofKenKlee

Boiled Potatoes with Olive Oil and Salt are a meal in itself. That's real Peasant eating.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Anyone here have experience with Fios versus regular cable?

I just learned Fios is available in my area, and I'm wondering if their claims that their internet is eleventy billion times faster than cable is really true...

That, and Comcast has ****ed me off for the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad