OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 196 Fall to Winter (BLAH) Wait its Hockey Time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I had an apartment in Chestnut Hill Mass, and an old lady down stairs used to bang on the ceiling with broom because, I'm telling the truth here..."I walked too heavy" She would call the landlord and tell him we upstairs "walked too heavy" --- I found out later that she had been making this complaint about every single person who had lived there... So that kind of pissed me off.

So I got 5 people over and we did 500 jumping jacks at 11:00PM once a week for a month

The landlord apologetically called me and I said I have no I idea what she is talking about...She's nuts I'm here all alone studying.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Email from Catherine Lombardi's in New Brunswick...Sure glad I'm not drinking LOL.

Balvenie 50-Year
A $38,000 Bottle of Scotch Whisky
You Can Reserve an Ounce for Just $1,800.00

The Balvenie is releasing two fifty year old casks together, both filled on the same day in 1963 and aged for fifty years. The US is receiving Cask 4567 – the richer, more Sherried profile of the two casks. Cask 4567 was a European oak sherry hogshead, rarely used today in whisky making. Filled with newly distilled spirit in 1963, over the following 50 years, while The Balvenie Malt Master David Stewart committed himself to perfecting his craft, the spirit slowly matured into an outstanding single malt Scotch whisky. Distiller and whisky have lived life together.

Just 131 bottles will be available worldwide. Only 15 will come to the USA. The suggested retail price is $38,000 per bottle. We're hoping that this year, we can bring one bottle to The Great Garden State, not to collect, but to DRINK IT! We'll all be dead a long time, so let's do this.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I get that it's rare and all, but just because something is old, doesn't mean it's worth a lot of money. It didn't COST them much more than any standard barrel to make. Just turn it every now and then...

And what's worse is you slurp down 1 oz. and it's gone. The flavor is over in minutes, the memory fades. At least with something really old like an antique, it can be passed on as an asset.

I guess rich people can waste money any way they want.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I make my own beer and wine haha. It saves a ton of cash! Also isn't watered down. Got enough space in the apartment to do it, so I'm sure you guys in bigger places can get a Lot of stock if you wanted to. Satisfaction comes with making your own alcohol.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I make my own beer and wine haha. It saves a ton of cash! Also isn't watered down. Got enough space in the apartment to do it, so I'm sure you guys in bigger places can get a Lot of stock if you wanted to. Satisfaction comes with making your own alcohol.

I like making beer. It is fun...But it is dangerous for me to have 5 gallons of beer in the house...Because I drink it.

It is very funny that every time I have made a batch I promise it to people.... and then have to apologize for not having any left :)

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I like making beer. It is fun...But it is dangerous for me to have 5 gallons of beer in the house...Because I drink it.

It is very funny that every time I have made a batch I promise it to people.... and then have to apologize for not having any left :)

The Beer is usually more dense/stronger than commercial beers. Usually don't need as much. Jim just thought of something! Maybe make your own spirits and add half a shot to the beer! Should lengthen the amount of time the beer should last lol. Can't chug them down as fast, and your blood alcohol content will be up quicker faster .:laugh:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
In all seriousness though, they are opening a lot of craft beer locations here. Usually they give cheaper refills and better prices when you come in regularly. Also you support small business. A win win. Check if locations are opening near you.

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013

Any tips on where to start? Would like to try to make beer

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Any tips on where to start? Would like to try to make beer

Jim gave some ideas. I usually buy the kits and don't make the beer from scratch. Wine on the other hand I make from scratch and got a guy who ships grapes from California. You could also buy kits from Costco if you would like a practice batch. Most of the kits I have tried give the instructions.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
http://news.discovery.com/history/u...ppears-to-belong-to-earharts-plane-141028.htm

They think they know where Amelia Earhart ended up now.

“This is the first time an artifact found on Nikumaroro has been shown to have a direct link to Amelia Earhart,” Gillespie said.

The breakthrough would prove that, contrary to what was generally believed, Earhart and her navigator, Fred Noonan, did not crash in the Pacific Ocean, running out of fuel somewhere near their target destination of Howland Island.

Instead, they made a forced landing on Nikumaroro' smooth, flat coral reef. The two became castaways and eventually died on the atoll, which is some 350 miles southeast of Howland Island.

“Earhart sent radio distress calls for at least five nights before the Electra was washed into the ocean by rising tides and surf,” Gillespie said.

Previous research on a photograph of Nikumaroro's western shoreline taken three months after Earhart's disappearance revealed an unexplained object protruding from the water on the fringing reef.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Hungary looking to pass Worlds 1st internet tax.over 100 000 protesters. Hungary's government says internet is a accessory, not a necessity.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hungary looking to pass Worlds 1st internet tax.over 100 000 protesters. Hungary's government says internet is a accessory, not a necessity.

Money drives the world. Wait until everyone absolutely can't live without the internet, then put a tax on it. They will rake in the dough.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

That's the same country that almost reverted back to communism a couple of years ago. The EU was going to kick them out. They have some big issues with corrupt government over there

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I had been working with someone named Edith for the past few months...Same location as I am but I have never met her...All the work has been by teleconference and WebEx...

So I shocked when I met Edith and she was was a young person..."Edith" doesn't conjure up young person to me...Edith conjures up Archie's wife to me :dunno:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
The USA got destroyed in front of a sold out Soldiers field against New Zealand a few minutes ago(rugby). They got destroyed 74-6. But the score was not the story. No body in the crowd booed. Instead they cheered till after the game. The atmosphere was great. Losing badly does not equate to booing.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
The USA got destroyed in front of a sold out Soldiers field against New Zealand a few minutes ago(rugby). They got destroyed 74-6. But the score was not the story. No body in the crowd booed. Instead they cheered till after the game. The atmosphere was great. Losing badly does not equate to booing.

The crowd was 90% new zealand

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
off to see D.O.A in half and hour here in calgary.

**** ya...

edit: back alive from the bar......holy **** can ******** shread on his guitar!!!.... .... got to shake his hand and 'thank him'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad