OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 196 Fall to Winter (BLAH) Wait its Hockey Time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwidevil

Can fellow men please explain to me what is overly attractive about Jennifer Lawrence?

I really don't see it at all. She seems like just an average looking female you can see on the street everyday. Yet, she is fawned over like some goddess of beauty.

Maybe I am just too old these days.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Can fellow men please explain to me what is overly attractive about Jennifer Lawrence?

I really don't see it at all. She seems like just an average looking female you can see on the street everyday. Yet, she is fawned over like some goddess of beauty.

Maybe I am just too old these days.

did you think Helen Hunt was a hottie in her prime?

That's why. She's a Helen Hunt reboot.

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
I hope there are some car repair enthusiasts here.

My fiance's SUV has an automatic transmission that is acting up. Over the last 6 months the truck has been mildly cranky going from drive to park and vice-versa.

However, she is noticing that the engine was racing with little power getting being transferred. I checked the fluid and it smelled burnt

I drive a manual transmission and I know that the clutch is going if that is the case

I know very little about automatics. My last car's tranny blew and there were no warning signs. I asked her when the last time she changed the t-fluid and she didn't know. I read that if the fluid heats up, the tranny can show the symptoms she's experiencing.

With 160,000 miles, do I change the fluid, rebuild the tranny, or get another car?

If you change the fluid no matter what any shop tells you, do not change all the fluid at once (full drain and refill), you have to do a partial change a couple of times over a while to do this. If you do a full drain and refill it will stir up all old sediment that is currently at rest which will f' everything up.

As far as rebuild or get a new, that all should depend on cost. Cost of doing It while taking the value of the car into account along with other issues (if any) vs a diff car and any issues that may have or will have shortly(if anything can be foreseen mileage wise).

When you say cranky what do you mean exactly

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The finished NJTP construction's extra 3 lanes both ways should make the commute to and from The Rock for Devils fans in Mercer & Burlington counties much easier.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
If you change the fluid no matter what any shop tells you, do not change all the fluid at once (full drain and refill), you have to do a partial change a couple of times over a while to do this. If you do a full drain and refill it will stir up all old sediment that is currently at rest which will f' everything up.

As far as rebuild or get a new, that all should depend on cost. Cost of doing It while taking the value of the car into account along with other issues (if any) vs a diff car and any issues that may have or will have shortly(if anything can be foreseen mileage wise).

When you say cranky what do you mean exactly

Thanks first off!

By cranky, I mean that the engine revs while the transmission tries to shift. Other things include inconsistent gear changing where if you expect the gear to change at 35mph, it might change at 40, sometimes 45, sometimes 37, even on a flat surface. Throwing it into park causes it to buck. I could go on, but it's just a mess.

I think I've surrendered to getting a new car at this point. It's not worth the potential for a $3000 transmission and a check engine light problem that's plagued the car for awhile. (it won't pass inspection in NJ if the light is on). It's just not worth sinking $5G into a 13 year old car.

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
Thanks first off!

By cranky, I mean that the engine revs while the transmission tries to shift. Other things include inconsistent gear changing where if you expect the gear to change at 35mph, it might change at 40, sometimes 45, sometimes 37, even on a flat surface. Throwing it into park causes it to buck. I could go on, but it's just a mess.

I think I've surrendered to getting a new car at this point. It's not worth the potential for a $3000 transmission and a check engine light problem that's plagued the car for awhile. (it won't pass inspection in NJ if the light is on). It's just not worth sinking $5G into a 13 year old car.

Any check engine lights pop recently? Does the car struggle to accelerate at all? Some transmission shops will diagnose the car for free and/or connect the computer to see any error codes. This might be the best option before def deciding on a new car.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Tenant upstairs is sending me false noise accusations. She sends me letters every 2 months or so saying I am being loud. I know this is false and have spoken to the manager. She mentions she will tell the police and has given a copy to them and the manager. Could I also use the police to my advantage? What rights do I have atm?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tenant upstairs is sending me false noise accusations. She sends me letters every 2 months or so saying I am being loud. I know this is false and have spoken to the manager. She mentions she will tell the police and has given a copy to them and the manager. Could I also use the police to my advantage? What rights do I have atm?

Is she locked into a long-term lease? I've seen that game before with someone who lived below my gf. She'd was trying to get out of her lease and would complain about noise on her (which was totally false).

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Is she locked into a long-term lease? I've seen that game before with someone who lived below my gf. She'd was trying to get out of her lease and would complain about noise on her (which was totally false).

No, month to month basis. The management can increase the rent once a year so they can always do that if they decide they truly want more profit. 4% a year is the limit I think. I just like that the location is convenient, and other than this issue with the tenant I am ok.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Hmmm.... well then, I'm fresh outta ideas.

You sure you're not louder than you think? lol

Yeah I'm sure. I even asked my neighbors from the side suites and they say everything is ok. The woman is close to 80. When I talked to her she refuses another explanation. Guess I can't do much. Maybe just tell her to call the police for proof of noise. Or call the manager when she perceives it to be happening.

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
Yeah I'm sure. I even asked my neighbors from the side suites and they say everything is ok. The woman is close to 80. When I talked to her she refuses another explanation. Guess I can't do much. Maybe just tell her to call the police for proof of noise. Or call the manager when she perceives it to be happening.

Blast Slayer

Not a real solution but i bet it would sure feel good

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Finally it has happened. A vendor my company does business with has "awesome" tix to the Devils game Thursday. Met him last week in person and said he'd put me on a list.

Feels good.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Maybe she's senile or has Alzheimers. If there she experienced something like this as a little kid, she could be reexperiencing it as ancient memories fill in any newer ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad