OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 194: Dos a Cero x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Last year a very sick friend of mine gave me a bottle of wine, an exceptional bottle of wine...he said when it's time, celebrate and don't be sad.

Well about an hour ago I opened the bottle of wine.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
is she from Michigan ?
and yeah it could be worse, I could never love a girl who is a rag fan
take it slow bro and good luck

I dated a girl in college that was a Flyers fan. Thankfully she was really hot so I could never stay annoyed with her supporting that team.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I dated a girl in college that was a Flyers fan. Thankfully she was really hot so I could never stay annoyed with her supporting that team.

well if she was hot it's a little easier !
I could put up with a girl being a fan of 29 teams in the league...just not a rag fan, they just get under my skin
(and maybe a pens fan too)

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
One of the most brilliant public awareness campaigns I have ever seen. Communicated via action figures.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
The internet is broken, Barstool and Francesa have collided
BexH137CEAABFQ3.jpg

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Got called in for jury duty. Second time in three years.

But I'm a full time student so I think I'll be able to get out of it again, I hope.

I made sure to get out of mine when I was called a few years back for a financial fraud case. The waiting around all day in that lower Manhattan courthouse holding room is the worst part.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
I made sure to get out of mine when I was called a few years back for a financial fraud case. The waiting around all day in that lower Manhattan courthouse holding room is the worst part.

I'm legally a resident in NJ so this will be in Hackensack but I can only imagine how bad Manhattan courthouse would be.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I was called to jury duty during the summer at a criminal court. I went through the process, never got selected (they picked names out of a container) but I watched the lawyers ask potential jurors questions, and it's not hard to get thrown off a jury. Appear bias, and they'll throw you off right away.

With this case there was no physical evidence, only circumstantial. So by saying something like "well if there's no physical evidence, then how can you be sure he did it?" you're goners.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I was reading something interesting about the business of TV the other day which makes sense.

Lots of people think that networks bring in advertisers to sell things to you, when it's really the opposite. The networks bring in viewers to sell to the advertisers. The more viewers, the more money it can ask from advertisers since they're reaching a large audience.

This is why the history channel has no history on it anymore or why TLC stopped being about "learning" ages ago. Honey Boo Boo and Ancient Aliens bring in the viewers, not an analysis of the causes of Shays' Rebellion.

I remember when Discovery Health first came out and they used to have a show on called "The Operation." It was what it sounded like it was, they showed operations. I saw a liver transplant, ACL reconstruction, rhinoplasty, and the gruesome skin graft. It was the GREATEST channel ever (I know, I'm weird, but I thought about being a doctor for a long time)!

But it didn't get ratings because people can't stand the sight of real blood. Walking Dead blood is OK, but god forbid it came out of a real person.

Anyway, I digress. It's the reason the NFL can charge an unfathomable amount of money to advertise during the Super Bowl. It's the single most watched show on TV all year. As long as it remains that way, they can continue to ask for more.

It will always be about infortainment. That's what sells people on watching. It's even on the internet as well. Page views are what sells to advertisers. Justin Bieber, the Kardashians, their ilk will always win out as long as most of the population remains gullible to juicy gossip about celebrities. It goes for men as well. I mean, look what happened to ESPN.com. It's nothing but juicy gossip about athletes.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

This is why the history channel has no history on it anymore......Ancient Aliens bring in the viewers, not an analysis of the causes of Shays' Rebellion.

Dear god, isnt THAT the truth. It's disgraceful.

The Military Channel is the one that plays some decent history programming now, but even they resort to playing movies like Memphis Belle or Windtalkers on Saturday nights.

It goes for men as well. I mean, look what happened to ESPN.com. It's nothing but juicy gossip about athletes.

I wouldnt know. Last time I tuned into ESPN for something other than a live sporting event was probably 2000 (no exaggeration), and I never go to ESPN.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad