OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I have a strange craving for a big greasy cheesesteak but I have a salad with me for lunch :(

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So here's a story that is pretty damn unbelievable.

Monday, our family's lawyer (father's good friend for 30 years) was missing. My father went to his house in Clark where I grew up to check on him and the doors were locked and lights on. The police came and found him dead in his bedroom. They immediately treated it as a homicide. Well today, the Union County prosecutors office has identified as suspect.... and this story has just gone from CRAZY.... to HOLY BAT **** FREAKING INSANE:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_jersey&id=9104988

http://clark.patch.com/articles/ucpo-internet-celebrity-kai-the-hatchet-wielding-hitchhiker-wanted-in-clark-homicide#comments_list

We'll be at his wake tonight... just hope that won't be interrupted or disturbed because of the new "news."

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Monday, our family's lawyer (father's good friend for 30 years) was missing. My father went to his house in Clark where I grew up to check on him and the doors were locked and lights on. The police came and found him dead in his bedroom. They immediately treated it as a homicide. Well today, the Union County prosecutors office has identified as suspect.... and this story has just gone from CRAZY.... to HOLY BAT **** FREAKING INSANE:

The "internet celebrity" known as "internet celebrity "Kai the hatchet wielding hitchhiker"?

I've never heard of him. You?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The "internet celebrity" known as "internet celebrity "Kai the hatchet wielding hitchhiker"?

I've never heard of him. You?

His interviews on youtube have millions and millions of hits. He was involved in a court case in Fresno California and became famous because he's homeless and gave a ridiculous interview. Somehow he got to NJ and just allegedly murdered a very good friend to my family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
His interviews on youtube have millions and millions of hits. He was involved in a court case in Fresno California and became famous because he's homeless and gave a ridiculous interview. Somehow he got to NJ and just murdered a very good friend to my family.

I'm pretty sure you need to add allegedly. Innocent until proven guilty...

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm pretty sure you need to add allegedly. Innocent until proven guilty...

I'm sorry. Not sure you'd be thinking as clearly in this situation either.

I just don't get what the hell had the prosecutors office pin point this guy. My father was with the police when they found the body.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I'm sorry. Not sure you'd be thinking as clearly in this situation either.

I just don't get what the hell had the prosecutors office pin point this guy. My father was with the police when they found the body.

Yeah, that's why I'm saying that allegedly is pretty important...

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Finally made it to a Joe's Crab Shack near my girlfriends hometown upstate. Everything was really good, they even washed and gave us the Mason jar her mixed drink came in.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think there's one in South Plainfield. They are building one next to Prudential Center. It will be in the Marriot that just finished.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_jersey&id=9104988

http://clark.patch.com/articles/ucpo-internet-celebrity-kai-the-hatchet-wielding-hitchhiker-wanted-in-clark-homicide#comments_list

We'll be at his wake tonight... just hope that won't be interrupted or disturbed because of the new "news."

the 'SMASH SMASSH SMAAASSSH' guy??? holy **** thats ridiculous.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
No, not good. It's red lobster 2.0 with more colors and less anchors. Half the menu is fried, the other half is steamed. I had one good item there and that was some shrimp etoufee before I went to New Orleans and had the real deal.

I was going to say that exactly the same thing about being Red Lobster 2.0 actually...

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hmmm, I think I'm going to go home and grill little necks this afternoon

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I actually think Red Lobster is pretty good for most things.

Hm, I thought their snow crab legs were pretty good :dunno:

Well, God made the snow crab (or king crab), it's pretty tough to screw up.

Most people dont seem to know this, but restaurants receive the snow crab or king crab already fully cooked and frozen, all the restaurant does (whether it's 4-star or Joe's Crab shack) is warm them up and charge you an outrageous margin and reap a huge profit. That's why I never order those in a restaurant, but often buy them myself in the grocery store. KCL is one of my favorite foods.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I actually think Red Lobster is pretty good for most things.

Well, God made the snow crab (or king crab), it's pretty tough to screw up.

Most people dont seem to know this, but restaurants receive the snow crab or king crab already fully cooked and frozen, all the restaurant does (whether it's 4-star or Joe's Crab shack) is warm them up and charge you an outrageous margin and reap a huge profit.

Profit margins on Lobster, King Crab, Stone Crab ect sucks compared to other things...Market prices sometimes is so high most restaurants just can't markup the price...My chef friend told me last year it was costing him $25 a pound for Stone Crab...He would have to charge $65 a pound to break even...No one would pay that so he left them off the menu...Similar situation for lobster(certain times of the year) and King Crab often. Far cry from a pasta and chicken dish that costs cents and can return $15 a plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad