OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
http://www.mintpressnews.com/inappropriate-criteria-inadequate-management-to-blame-for-irs-fiasco/

I know everyone WANTS it to be as simple as Obama was pulling strings inside the IRS to get re-elected but there really was a reason for why it all went down and the applications were flagged for review. Valid reasons still get screwed up with piss poor execution and low level incompetence.

If you've ever had to talk to someone at the IRS personally about a specific issue, it doesn't take long to get the feeling you're talking to someone that either doesn't give a flying leap, or should take a flying leap.

That "poor execution" storyline sounds like pure bunk to me....there is suggestive evidence that some of this information was passed on to political operatives.... We'll have to wait and see the results of the multiple investigations that will take place....but if that is even remotely true, you're talking about something much more diabolical.

The idea that this was just some sort of poor training or lack of management is actually more than beyond absurd.

I'm sure when the first mid-level person is faced with a grand jury indictment the singing will begin.

I work with Government compliance, Personal Information and HIPAA every day from a tech perspective and you've got to be a complete moron to take your information and single a portion of the population for any reason even altruistic ones...it has jail time associated with it.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

The idea that this was just some sort of poor training or lack of management is actually more than beyond absurd.

The Obama Administration's first response to this that it was just a "rogue office" in Cincinnati and a few "lowly" individuals that searched for the terms "Tea Party" and "Patriot" - was insulting.

I must admit, I at first bought it not thinking it was going to be this giant scandal, until you learn that "Cincinnati" is actually one of the biggest most important IRS units in all of America and that it reports directly to Washington DC, and that it wasn't just "Tea Party" groups, etc..., but just about every conservative group under the sun.

I work with Government compliance, Personal Information and HIPAA every day from a tech perspective and you've got to be a complete moron to take your information and single a portion of the population for any reason
even altruistic ones...it has jail time associated with it.

On the bright side, in less than 1 year from today the IRS will be in charge of punishing Americans under Obamacare.

Sleep tight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad