OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 188: The Ken Holland Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Okay, so the dRunks thread is for posting in when you're drunk, I figure this thread would be better for actual discussion of alcohol.

So I've been trying to get into wine recently. Bought this really nice Chianti the guy at the liquor store recommended. I really enjoyed the taste, quite fruity and a lot of subtle flavors I couldn't identify. But it was too dry for me.

I think I enjoy white wine more than red, it's much easier to drink.

What kinds of wine do you guys like?

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Dunno if this has been spreading for a while, but there's a stomach bug going around. Wash your hands at every available opportunity and try to avoid eating out (some people don't realize they're carriers until they get sick, which means they go into work not knowing they're going to be ill later)

Everybody is getting sick in my household. I got sick third and now my younger brother is too. :( Stay healthy if you can everyone

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dunno if this has been spreading for a while, but there's a stomach bug going around. Wash your hands at every available opportunity and try to avoid eating out (some people don't realize they're carriers until they get sick, which means they go into work not knowing they're going to be ill later)

Everybody is getting sick in my household. I got sick third and now my younger brother is too. :( Stay healthy if you can everyone

Get better soon!

I actually had one the day after the last time we played Boston. It was the day before my birthday. The first time I legit threw up since 1999. It was enough to never wanna throw up again. My whole body ached too cause I hadn't used those muscles in 12 or 13 years. Yeah it sucked so get well, and I'd heed the warning for everyone else cause mine did suck. I'm a little wimpy when it comes to throwing up cause like I said it really was that long aside from one minor vomit in between.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Get better soon!

I actually had one the day after the last time we played Boston. It was the day before my birthday. The first time I legit threw up since 1999. It was enough to never wanna throw up again. My whole body ached too cause I hadn't used those muscles in 12 or 13 years. Yeah it sucked so get well, and I'd heed the warning for everyone else cause mine did suck. I'm a little wimpy when it comes to throwing up cause like I said it really was that long aside from one minor vomit in between.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. :) Definitely on the mend now, but earlier it was rough.
I'm actually the same way with stomach virus'. Have a bit of a phobia of vomiting.

That really sucks you got sick the day before you're birthday. :(

(Happy belated birthday btw. :) )

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thanks, I really appreciate it. :) Definitely on the mend now, but earlier it was rough.
I'm actually the same way with stomach virus'. Have a bit of a phobia of vomiting.

That really sucks you got sick the day before you're birthday. :(

(Happy belated birthday btw. :) )

Thanks but it was January 31st!:laugh: Still mad about the loss to the Isles that night!:cry: Last year I got the awesome shootout win over the Rangers though!:handclap:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
So I went down for my friend's birthday party, and I pissed her off. She is into this guy who is a complete ******. I was dumb enough to tell her this when we were both drunk. Now she's upset with me. I don't think I'll be seeing her again for a while. Even after I called to apologise yesterday she still sounded upset with me.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
So I went down for my friend's birthday party, and I pissed her off. She is into this guy who is a complete ******. I was dumb enough to tell her this when we were both drunk. Now she's upset with me. I don't think I'll be seeing her again for a while. Even after I called to apologise yesterday she still sounded upset with me.

sorry bro

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
It happens. She'll figure it out on her own eventually, and then maybe she'll forgive me. Until then I wait.

I did hook up with her friend though, so the night wasn't all bad.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Why are you sorry for expressing your honest feelings?

So because she disagrees with you, means she has to be mad at you? The logic of an idiot, **** her

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
It happens. She'll figure it out on her own eventually, and then maybe she'll forgive me. Until then I wait.

I did hook up with her friend though, so the night wasn't all bad.

Never call to apologize to a girl, especially one you aren't dating. That's gotta be like rule 1 of being ALPHA

But hooking up with her friend earns some points towards regaining said alpha-ness.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Never call to apologize to a girl, especially one you aren't dating. That's gotta be like rule 1 of being ALPHA

Apologise when you are in the wrong. That is rule number one of being a decent person.

Why are you sorry for expressing your honest feelings?

So because she disagrees with you, means she has to be mad at you? The logic of an idiot, **** her

It was the way I said it. I hadn't seen her in years, and suddenly I appeared out of nowhere and told her that the guy she likes is a schmuck. It might be true, but you can't just waltz back into someone's life after that long and tell her what's what with her love life. Nobody is going to appreciate that, and it's definitely no way to treat an old friend.

If it was the opposite situation, and she told me after not seeing me for years that the girl I was seeing was a skank or golddigger or whatever, I know I'd be upset. I may also have used the words "predatory behaviour". That would never go over well.

To top it off, then I asked her which ones of her friends are single. She was not pleased about that either.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
If someone told me the girl I was with was a ****, I'd laugh at them for not getting laid then move along. High school is over. No need for fights like that.

And yea, definitely go after a single friend. She can only get so mad at you.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Just do it behind her back. Let her find out through the gossipmill

I think she already has found out. Might be one of the reasons she's so upset.

And the chick I hooked up with is acting strange too. When I left her place she asked me to call her the next day, and sounded pretty eager. Then I was texting her the next day and suddenly she says things are "complicated" for her and she can't get involved with me right now. That might be related to the other stuff if they have spoken to each other.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
886599_351764328256889_996402074_o_zpsab9f6acf.jpg

I messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad