OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 188: The Ken Holland Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Back from 8 days in Vermont, and I'm pretty excited that trout fishing season has officially opened in New Jersey.

Some tasty Rainbows will soon GET IN mah BELLY!

100_2999.jpg

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
So I left my phone on a bench in a subway station. I have a really ****** phone so it's worthless. After I get a friend's phone I called and a hispanic woman picked it up saying she has it. She told me I can come over and pick it up at her house. I asked when I can pick it up and she replied with "ok".

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So I left my phone on a bench in a subway station. I have a really ****** phone so it's worthless. After I get a friend's phone I called and a hispanic woman picked it up saying she has it. She told me I can come over and pick it up at her house. I asked when I can pick it up and she replied with "ok".

You're lucky you got that far.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
'legit' is the new 'really'. dont wanna live on this planet anymore. mondays suck. **** you, garfield

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Back from 8 days in Vermont, and I'm pretty excited that trout fishing season has officially opened in New Jersey.

Some tasty Rainbows will soon GET IN mah BELLY!

100_2999.jpg

Stocked fish are so ugly...

This is my least favorite time of year for fishing. Give me the dead of winter during a blizzard (yes I've done it) over this. Have to avoid the opening day types. At least it's not that hard. If you go anywhere that requires even a tiny bit of effort to get to, they won't be there. Can't set up your folding chair, radio with the race on, and cooler of beer on a 90 degree wooded bank, and you can't set it up in the middle of the creek either :D

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Stocked fish are so ugly...

This is my least favorite time of year for fishing. Give me the dead of winter during a blizzard (yes I've done it) over this. Have to avoid the opening day types. At least it's not that hard. If you go anywhere that requires even a tiny bit of effort to get to, they won't be there.

I've rarely fished on opening day for the crowding reason, but when I have in the past I go to a small <10 foot stream where I know I'll be the only one.

I dont mind stocked fish at all though, they're still delicious on my dinner plate. Plus, the trout rearing/stocking program is one of the few things a New Jersey State agency does that actually seems to bear a resemblance to something that legitimately achieves competence. There are lots of folks on your side of the river that buy a more expensive NJ non-resident fishing license on the belief the fishery over here is better.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It's supposed to get to about 80 degress tomorrow in North Jersey, then back down to the lowe 50's later in the week. A tease of warm temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad