OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 187: Snow and Beer Unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
My Mom knows I go to Canada a few times/year, so she randomly sent me a few Canadian $1 bills (from the 1950s) in the mail.

I've been to Canada probably about 100 times, and I've never seen a $1 bill. I'm guessing she must have gotten them on vacation when she was little and kept them as souvenirs, because I know Canada did away with $1 bills eons ago.

Might be worth a couple bucks more than face...

http://www.coinsandcanada.com/bank-notes-prices.php?notes=Issues_of_1954,_devil's_face&id_cat=21

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Yeah, I saw that! I'm rich!

I think I'd rather just spend them in Canada and surprise the hell out of a 17 year old clerk somewhere. Their expression of surprise would probably be worth more than the few extra bucks.

Edited my post.

If they are certain ones, they're actually worth a LOT. If you have a Devils Face or a replacement for it... Or some weird rare one, it lists for $1K in 'good' condition. Just throwing it out there that it's worth checking which you have before you spend them.

Another link: http://www.coinsandcanada.com/bank-notes-prices.php?notes=Issues_of_1954&id_cat=20

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
So Cortland's captain got signed by the Orlando Solar Bears. Coolest thing to happen to the school since Mick Foley jumped of the lab building as a stunt

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
anybody know how the roads are?

Roads? Don't need 'em.
BackFuture59.jpg

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Local roads around me were horrendous this morning, the roads were so slick. Parkway and Turnpike weren't too bad in Northern Jersey, but then again I fell asleep on the bus so I didn't really notice otherwise.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Local roads around me were horrendous this morning, the roads were so slick. Parkway and Turnpike weren't too bad in Northern Jersey, but then again I fell asleep on the bus so I didn't really notice otherwise.

yeah, this. local roads, in bergen county at least, were an absolute nightmare this morning. I really wish I had a dashcam to capture the ridiculous drifting action this school bus did in front of me going up a hill. Fishtailed all over the road while climbing, put on the ‘left’ turn signal (at which I chuckled) and then it drifted left PERFECTLY into the street it was aiming at. Hooked it in at the exact right time, straightened out, and went on its way. I bet the kids were having a blast

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
I doubt I'll ever have a car payment. My car is paid off. In a few years I'll upgrade and just pay cash for the difference...

Car payments help you establish credit...that's something you should really look into.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Establishing credit is actually very important, paying off a car in full early in my life as well as a credit card has helped me gain a very solid amount of credit for when I need it.

I have a small balance on my Mastercard which I use steadily to keep my credit solid.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm guessing they used real material. I also have a neighbor who was in TSA and he said it would be very easy to sneak illegal things through security. Kinda scary, and now people can bring pocket knives through, what a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad