OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 187: Snow and Beer Unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Every day I'm shovellin'. Speaking of snow it's starting to come down again out here in WNY. Another poster on the NJ board is from around here so he/she can attest to that :P

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
So i decided to give it a shot and tried to cash my cheque...

images

Wooohoooo!!!

Now all we gotta do is to wait for me to get arrested tomorrow for a bad cheque at the Heathrow airport as i am trying to board the plane back to Finland. :laugh:

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey

images

Wooohoooo!!!

Now all we gotta do is to wait for me to get arrested tomorrow for a bad cheque at the Heathrow airport as i am trying to board the plane back to Finland. :laugh:

Does this mean all just became accessories to an international crime?

HFB is getting shutdown tonight, :sarcasm:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

images

Wooohoooo!!!

It's not a bad check - it was perfectly legit. He cancelling it only is an attempt to retract it back. Not your fault for cashing a legit check.

Fear not. You did nothing fraudulent. Your former boss is the one doing the shady crap.

Now I'm debating on buying this: http://www.woot.com/offers/samsung-32-1080p-3d-led-hdtv
The TV I'm watching Devils games on now is a 32" 60 hz LCD. Looks ok, but I have been wanting to upgrade to a 40" LED but this price for these specs... hmmmm.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Day 28 - No Alcohol, No Caffeine, no Nicotine. I'm almost a honorary Mormon.

28 days remaining before I can break this self-imposed deprivation.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I probs missed it but why are you goin straight edge for 2 months?

No reason really. Just thought I should. I have gotten a little too glutinous over the last couple of years so I picked a date which happen to be my wife's birthday and I said until 4/5 I am going to be good.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
No reason really. Just thought I should. I have gotten a little too glutinous over the last couple of years so I picked a date which happen to be my wife's birthday and I said until 4/5 I am going to be good.

Good for you. I need to run more. I blame the cold weather.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
It's not a bad check - it was perfectly legit. He cancelling it only is an attempt to retract it back. Not your fault for cashing a legit check.

Fear not. You did nothing fraudulent. Your former boss is the one doing the shady crap.

You are right. I called my friend at the hotel, the only nice employee, and she said the boss asked her why i quit, because he thought i quit only because i had to work on saturdays. She explained the whole thing and now the boss is going to have a word with other employees that are a problem over there etc, so like i thought he would, he calmed down and was rational about the thing.

When he was shouting at me i was holding myself back so i wouldnt say anything hurtful and i didnt want to try to cash the cheque yesterday when he was enraged. So i figured today he might be in a better mood. :laugh:

And i bought myself a new watch like i planned to.

images

Armani watch for £329, not bad imo.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

That's brilliant.

I will NEVER shovel snow off a roof, you wouldnt believe how many people die that way. I worked at a hospital in n.VT for six years and saw numerous injuries/deaths. My guess is it's one of the more common ways to really hurt yourself or die, but yet that few people realize.

Did a Catholic friend suggest it, because you started right about the same time as lent?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Did a Catholic friend suggest it, because you started right about the same time as lent?

Just a coincidence. I went to New Orleans in the middle of December and when I came home I couldn't believe what the scale was saying. It actually frightened me.

When the "big pants" start getting tight... I needed to do something :)

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
My Mom knows I go to Canada a few times/year, so she randomly sent me a few Canadian $1 bills (from the 1950s) in the mail.

I've been to Canada probably about 100 times, and I've never seen a $1 bill. I'm guessing she must have gotten them on vacation when she was little and kept them as souvenirs, because I know Canada did away with $1 bills eons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad