OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 186: Cycles are more than just Mayannaise Calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
Like the vast majority of people, I dont tip them at all; they're arena beer vendors.

They make a set hourly wage like everyone else selling stuff in the arena does. It's not equivalent to tipping a bartender at a restaurant or pub where they're counting on tip money as a substantial piece of their compensation.

Wrong.

We make substantially less than the other Aramark Employees. I started out as a Kitchen worker when I was 16 then when I was 18 I was able to work as a beer vendor. I saw my pay reduced, in what turned out to be like 200 less a paycheck.

Plus as a beer vendor you have like 16 different bosses (at least at Aramark). The company actually employs undercovers to buy a beverage and makes sure you are doing your job perfectly, while you worry about 30 different things.

My buddy that I worked with was a beer vendor and then he went on to be a bartender after we left PNC Bank Arts Center. He says being a beer vendor is so much harder than being a bartender, and has no idea why he gets more tips as a bartender than a beer vendor.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
its weird to see you post after 7 am lol

Was a time when it would have been weird not to see me post after 7 am. But I moved to a different job in the company, and now my desk is in a high traffic area instead of the corner of the cube farm. Oh well.

It's not even bad here yet... Some rain, that's all.

Good think, I'm hoping my commute home won't be terrible because most people stayed home.

Still just flurries here, but the bulk of the storm is arriving tonight, and that will be unpleasant.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
I just can't justify throwing my money away. I have too many things I want do with it. And I can't justify drinking too much beer either... haha

Oh no I agree, Every time I'm like I'm just gonna drink on the train or at the bars outside. I go inside and I see they have the new Bud Light stand where the beer gets filled up from the bottom of the cup! (Mind Blown). Welp I better buy 2 cause that's friggen cool hahaha im such a six year old at heart

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Oh no I agree, Every time I'm like I'm just gonna drink on the train or at the bars outside. I go inside and I see they have the new Bud Light stand where the beer gets filled up from the bottom of the cup! (Mind Blown). Welp I better buy 2 cause that's friggen cool hahaha im such a six year old at heart

:laugh: Alright, I can't even find fault with this.

I've also discovered that the less I drink outside, the less I drink inside. Definitely related, haha.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
My buddy that I worked with was a beer vendor and then he went on to be a bartender after we left PNC Bank Arts Center. He says being a beer vendor is so much harder than being a bartender, and has no idea why he gets more tips as a bartender than a beer vendor.

He's working at a pretty dead bar then.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I never buy beer at the arena, I always get loaded at the bar beforehand, and then cheer off the buzz during the game.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
:laugh: Alright, I can't even find fault with this.

I've also discovered that the less I drink outside, the less I drink inside. Definitely related, haha.

Yeah me and my friends just all recently turned 21 so we like to have a good time being a big shot of age person. Which is fine cause we can all thankfully hold our liquor and we never do anything stupid, which is what really matters I guess

Oh and another thing. last night going into the rock was the first time I have ever heard a jesus preacher outside of the arena...I've been to over 100 games over my life and that's the first time I've seen/heard one...ya think it would happen more often being named the "Devils".

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A lot of the beer vendors at The Rock are college students who do not get paid at all except for tips.
They get a small cut of the overall sales for their sports team, Ex: Rutgers Newark Baseball.
Keep that in mind folks.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
hey guys, i made a record and put it online for free if anyone wants to get it or just take a listen. let me know what you think. its 3 songs. unfortunately none are about the devils, but I did meet Andy Greene a couple times in Hoboken at the restaurant I play at, and he did like the first song from the EP. http://adammelchor.bandcamp.com/

Wow a HF sighting...I keep wanting to come see you and then my weekends get booked up.

Holy **** you guys, a Harrison sighting!

Where's CJ at? Or some stories? Is there even anyone around from the K-train days? :sarcasm::sarcasm:

I'm here - I talk to HF on the rare occasions and I keep trying to get to Grimaldi's to see him.

Those beers that fill up from the bottom are completely stupid and if you hit that little button you end up with beer all over you. Not a good concept.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
So you guys, like, don't hang out on weekends anymore? :sarcasm:

Hahaha!

You get out here with that nonsense.

I still don't know where I was. At least my fiancee's co-worker saw me drinking water, otherwise I was a dead man... Haha

Oh man...I wish I had witnessed this! Can I be the only female allowed at your bachelor party to see you wasted?*

*Edit - aside from the strippers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad