OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 186: Cycles are more than just Mayannaise Calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ
Uggh,

I have tickets for the Penguins / Devils game on Sunday in Pittsburgh. I'm leaving tomorrow for a little road trip. Should be interesting with this storm. I was going to take 78 but I think I'll take the PA Tpk because the storm is supposed to be worse further north. My luck this had to happen this weekend.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Whelp, apparently there has been HEAVY banding over the Lake Placid area for several hours now - Whiteface just reported in at 10" new.... ALREADY :amazed:

That isn't surprising. They have a foot up in Ontario right now, that is basically a different storm then the one we will get down here. Our eyes should be on the low walking up the coast, that is what will be giving us the crazy totals. Phasing seems a bit early, but not significant, the storm is definitely seeming to follow what the Euro predicted. Phasing should start this afternoon big time and then the tempetures will crash and the snow will come by the bucketful.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I noticed some fans do not tip the beer vendors at The Rock when they use their food and bev cards.

I always thought it was right to tip them a dollar when buying a beer, whether you buy with cash/credit or a F&B card.

What do you guys do?

ozrics

Feb 8, 2013
manchesters finest

love karl pilkingon he is classic northern miserable sod:rant::rant:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I noticed some fans do not tip the beer vendors at The Rock when they use their food and bev cards.

I always thought it was right to tip them a dollar when buying a beer, whether you buy with cash/credit or a F&B card.

What do you guys do?

Like the vast majority of people, I dont tip them at all; they're arena beer vendors.

They make a set hourly wage like everyone else selling stuff in the arena does. It's not equivalent to tipping a bartender at a restaurant or pub where they're counting on tip money as a substantial piece of their compensation.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So the National Weather Service is dragging down all their snow estimates because they believe the norther storm is moving slower than they expected and wont merge early enough to produce higher levels.

For instance, a 10-14 inch area of NJ posted last night is now 6-8 inch. Hopefully they're wrong, God knows that happens a LOT.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Uggh,

I have tickets for the Penguins / Devils game on Sunday in Pittsburgh. I'm leaving tomorrow for a little road trip. Should be interesting with this storm. I was going to take 78 but I think I'll take the PA Tpk because the storm is supposed to be worse further north. My luck this had to happen this weekend.

my plan was to look on stubhub sat morning for ticket deals from people bailing..might find a good deal..

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

What do you guys do?

i dont buy alcohol at games, but i'd never tip..unless they were bringing it to me..

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
my plan was to look on stubhub sat morning for ticket deals from people bailing..might find a good deal..

Solid idea. I'd start your plan this afternoon or tonight though.

Dont underestimate the way the media hypes people into a panic.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
It's not even bad here yet... Some rain, that's all.

Good think, I'm hoping my commute home won't be terrible because most people stayed home.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So the National Weather Service is dragging down all their snow estimates because they believe the norther storm is moving slower than they expected and wont merge early enough to produce higher levels.

For instance, a 10-14 inch area of NJ posted last night is now 6-8 inch. Hopefully they're wrong, God knows that happens a LOT.

Steve D has a good video that explains how this storm works. Everything seems to still show this storm on track to do the 6-12 inches, though I think he is low-balling what Long Island will see.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
hey guys, i made a record and put it online for free if anyone wants to get it or just take a listen. let me know what you think. its 3 songs. unfortunately none are about the devils, but I did meet Andy Greene a couple times in Hoboken at the restaurant I play at, and he did like the first song from the EP. http://adammelchor.bandcamp.com/

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
hey guys, i made a record and put it online for free if anyone wants to get it or just take a listen. let me know what you think. its 3 songs. unfortunately none are about the devils, but I did meet Andy Greene a couple times in Hoboken at the restaurant I play at, and he did like the first song from the EP. http://adammelchor.bandcamp.com/

Holy **** you guys, a Harrison sighting!

Where's CJ at? Or some stories? Is there even anyone around from the K-train days? :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I drove to RBA in that ******** only for the game to get cancelled and I had to drive back in even worse conditions.

I drove in hours before it started (because of the whole "working the game" thing), but I think my drive home was probably about an hour to an hour and a half after it was called. That was ****ing terrible. Probably the most miserable snow related storm I've ever had to drive through. Only other storm that may have been worse (which was rain) was also a time leaving RBA.... Maybe that place is the problem :sarcasm:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I drove in hours before it started (because of the whole "working the game" thing), but I think my drive home was probably about an hour to an hour and a half after it was called. That was ****ing terrible. Probably the most miserable snow related storm I've ever had to drive through. Only other storm that may have been worse (which was rain) was also a time leaving RBA.... Maybe that place is the problem :sarcasm:

That game against Chicago in July. I remember Bill rushing us out of the building about 30 minutes after the game and had no idea why and as soon I turned on FER Boulevard the sky just opened :laugh:

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010

What do you guys do?

I used to work as a beer vender for Aramark at PNC Bank Arts Center. I ALWAYS tip them. We put up with so much **** as a beer vender, You should tip a buck for every drink you buy, although a buck for two drinks is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad