OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 186: Cycles are more than just Mayannaise Calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrodeurRULES

RIP Lokomotiv
Nov 5, 2006
So I was all ready to be on a 4 week jury when judge thought it be hardship on me when I said no. First one called after they excuse a juror. LOL I predicted it all at work yesterday but came up short.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Is that Warwick Davis riding on a gondola with Andre Agassi?

close...

7586539188_51e5c6755a_z.jpg

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
BrodeurRULES said:
I got called right after getting sworn in. Its better then sitting downstairs I say. LOL Always wanted to go to jury duty just didn't want to have to wait in that room downstairs.

Not sure what county you're in (mine was Essex), but I had the same deal. Was called for the first case after being sworn in. Difference in my situation was that it was about an hour after the swearing in that they called for that first case. Then sitting in the court room for most of an hour filling out a questionnaire. I got dismissed from the case really quick after lunch and that still took almost the entire day. Got to come back for Day 2 to literally the exact same scenario of 'get called, wait, lunch, get dismissed, wonder where the day went.' Its glorious.

Henrique Iglesias said:
Talked to the Devils HR this morning asking if the ice crew job was doable with a full-time job. They said as long as I can make it to the arena by 6pm, I would be fine. Having an interview with them today at 3.

Henrique Iglesias said:
They didn't mention how much they pay, I assume they'll discuss it in the interview.

I know people that did it for both the Devils and the Rangers. I can't remember exactly what the pay rate is, but its a flat amount per game. I want to say between $50 and $100. Rangers were $100 I believe and the Devils were a little less. Just not sure if it was as low as $50 or not. I didn't work anywhere near the ice crew people when I interned in the building, and wasn't any closer with them other than casual acquaintances in college, so I really didn't find out TOO much on specifics/really can't get in touch with those guys to find out any more info. But hopefully that little bit helps a little.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I know people that did it for both the Devils and the Rangers. I can't remember exactly what the pay rate is, but its a flat amount per game. I want to say between $50 and $100. Rangers were $100 I believe and the Devils were a little less. Just not sure if it was as low as $50 or not. I didn't work anywhere near the ice crew people when I interned in the building, and wasn't any closer with them other than casual acquaintances in college, so I really didn't find out TOO much on specifics/really can't get in touch with those guys to find out any more info. But hopefully that little bit helps a little.

Had the interview a couple of hours ago. I don't think I can do it. HR said in an e-mail I only had to be at the arena at 6 whereas the guy I interviewed with said I had to be there by 530, which I can't do since I get out of work at 5. Pay is $50/game (would only get paid 15th of every month) and would not even work every game. Also told me that after the first round of interviews he'll call people back to see how they skate, as they need really fast skaters to clean the ice in between breaks. Too bad, would have been a real cool experience. Devils front office is pretty nice though.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Had the interview a couple of hours ago. I don't think I can do it. HR said in an e-mail I only had to be at the arena at 6 whereas the guy I interviewed with said I had to be there by 530, which I can't do since I get out of work at 5. Pay is $50/game (would only get paid 15th of every month) and would not even work every game. Also told me that after the first round of interviews he'll call people back to see how they skate, as they need really fast skaters to clean the ice in between breaks. Too bad, would have been a real cool experience. Devils front office is pretty nice though.

Had a feeling it was still $50. Just didn't want to discourage you in case you saw my comment before the interview and was hoping for more. Sounds about right though for the rest of it.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I went to a party of a friend by myself a few days ago. I went at 10pm, got stoned and had some vodka beforehand, and walked in to find some mates to play FIFA. Got myself a seat, very nice, enjoying the game and had some frozen coke with rum. We decided to start a tournament with the mates.

Five minutes into the first game, a large group of teenage girls walk in and sit down directly behind me. They were loud as **** and giggling and whatnot the whole time, and during the match, I distinctly heard one of them whisper "what a ****ing dork" followed by giggling. Pretty sure they made fun of me some more, but I couldn't hear exactly what was said over the match. I was pissed, but my shy ass couldn't bear to confront them. So I sat with it, feeling that it was better to give off an air of "I don't give a **** and/or I don't even hear you" than risk something worse.

Part way through, I had to piss like a beast from the frozen coke with rum. I felt that if I got up and took a piss, then came back and sat down elsewhere, it would reek of cowardice -- or if I came back and sat back right in front of the girls, it would be somehow ridiculous plus they would see my fat, nerdy visage as I returned and walked down the hallway. So I decided to finish the game.

By the time it was nearly the end of the tournament we had, I had to piss so ****ing bad I was in pain. I knew that if I got up and pissed, I would miss the end and it would look like I walked out in cowardice, a coward, having never confronted them. Long story short, since I'm probably approaching the character limit now, I ended up pissing my pants right there playing FIFA. I don't know if the girls noticed, but I walked away from the party with blatant piss stains covering my jeans, probably reeking like an outhouse, getting various looks. Walked back to my car, got back in, lit a cig, started her up, and ****ing cried for miles.

Oroku Saki*

I went to a party of a friend by myself a few days ago. I went at 10pm, got stoned and had some vodka beforehand, and walked in to find some mates to play FIFA. Got myself a seat, very nice, enjoying the game and had some frozen coke with rum. We decided to start a tournament with the mates.

Five minutes into the first game, a large group of teenage girls walk in and sit down directly behind me. They were loud as **** and giggling and whatnot the whole time, and during the match, I distinctly heard one of them whisper "what a ****ing dork" followed by giggling. Pretty sure they made fun of me some more, but I couldn't hear exactly what was said over the match. I was pissed, but my shy ass couldn't bear to confront them. So I sat with it, feeling that it was better to give off an air of "I don't give a **** and/or I don't even hear you" than risk something worse.

Part way through, I had to piss like a beast from the frozen coke with rum. I felt that if I got up and took a piss, then came back and sat down elsewhere, it would reek of cowardice -- or if I came back and sat back right in front of the girls, it would be somehow ridiculous plus they would see my fat, nerdy visage as I returned and walked down the hallway. So I decided to finish the game.

By the time it was nearly the end of the tournament we had, I had to piss so ****ing bad I was in pain. I knew that if I got up and pissed, I would miss the end and it would look like I walked out in cowardice, a coward, having never confronted them. Long story short, since I'm probably approaching the character limit now, I ended up pissing my pants right there playing FIFA. I don't know if the girls noticed, but I walked away from the party with blatant piss stains covering my jeans, probably reeking like an outhouse, getting various looks. Walked back to my car, got back in, lit a cig, started her up, and ****ing cried for miles.

Best story. :laugh::laugh:

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone

Are you serious?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL I would have been more embarrassed pissing myself then going to the bathroom, and then coming back and sitting elsewhere.:laugh:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Semak is just jaded by living in Japan-land. The girls over are there are crazy.

Girls everywhere are crazy.

For real, or just copypasta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad