OT: The Thread About Nothing CCXI: The Thread About Everything Besides Hockey and COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Ordered this LP on Amazon. I've heard it already and I love it. :D When we decorate for Christmas, I have some LPs I put out - Charlie Brown Christmas, Nat King Cole The Christmas Song (the greatest Christmas album ever IMO), Jim Nabors Christmas Album (don't ask).

Shatner is out there for sure but with all that's gone on this year, if something as simple as this can put a smile on someones face and bring some laughter and cheer, then it's worth having.

View attachment 376946

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Still unseenhand as one is covered with a glove. I got a tripod to hold my phone and video my garbage swing. This was the very first swing of the day, and man it shows. There is so much bad here, but it's interesting that what I feel is bad when swinging is different than what I see is bad in the video. This should be a powerful tool for hopefully helping my game a bit.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Just wanted to wish all a Happy Thanksgiving. Even those of us who lay be outside the US. I hope there is something worth being truly thankful for even if it is just that 2020 is almost over. Everyone be safe and stay well and let’s hope for a brighter tomorrow for everyone.

happy fake thanksgiving!….im really thankful that f***in wanker clapton was not in on this one

Reactions: Oneiro and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
happy fake thanksgiving!….im really thankful that f***in wanker clapton was not in on this one

It’s always fascinating for me to see any of the small get togethers after early January 1970. Imagine really should have been a Beatles album. I’m sure John was reluctant to include Ringo on some of the songs including this one because it would have caused too much of a stir. Allegedly Ringo was present for at least some of the recording of this one.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I've needed a clock in the garage for some time now. I finally got a free day to build it:

127212809_10124195384078244_8276101879204127970_o.jpg

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I've needed a clock in the garage for some time now. I finally got a free day to build it:

127212809_10124195384078244_8276101879204127970_o.jpg

you could also say you had the time to make it…. :rolleyes:

….thank you, thank you…..ill be here all night be sure to tip your waiters proper…

looks nice though, i like the simple look, kind of makes me think of a sundial…or stonehenge

my shedshop clock is an old rusty 24 tooth sawblade with similar hands as your clock…..

….and i just realized youve outed yourself!

all of us here have now seen the unseenhand's hands!!!

:scared:

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
you could also say you had the time to make it…. :rolleyes:

….thank you, thank you…..ill be here all night be sure to tip your waiters proper…

looks nice though, i like the simple look, kind of makes me think of a sundial…or stonehenge

my shedshop clock is an old rusty 24 tooth sawblade with similar hands as your clock…..

….and i just realized youve outed yourself!

all of us here have now seen the unseenhand's hands!!!

:scared:

:laugh:

I saw a similar clock in a Woodcraft store and thought it would look perfect in the garage wood shop. Super easy to make, other than having to cut an inch off of the 12 masonry nails used in place of numbers.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
If anyone here has young children (or even if you don't), please consider giving this a listen. Whether you like the Goo Goo Dolls or not, the message behind the song is clear. But who is singing this version is what makes it even more relevant given all that we've gone through this year. 2020 can't end soon enough. Better Days.

Reactions: Darkauron

My3Sons

Sponsor
So on this day, 40 years ago, shortly after 11 pm, John Lennon was pronounced dead. He was flawed, he was often wrong, but never in doubt, and I think the world is infinitely poorer for having lost him. For some reason I always listen to Happy Xmas on this day each year. Maybe it's the aspirational nature of the song but I think that this year everyone could really use a happy new year regardless of whether you even celebrate Christmas and no matter when you may celebrate the new year.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I really wonder what John would've done in this day and age.

For me, Ram has a couple of good tracks, but really, Paul has only one good solo record (Chaos and Creation in the Backyard). I think John's hit rate would've been much higher.

Anyway, yeah. What a year. No joke, I have a lot more gray in my hair than I started with.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
So on this day, 40 years ago, shortly after 11 pm, John Lennon was pronounced dead. He was flawed, he was often wrong, but never in doubt, and I think the world is infinitely poorer for having lost him. For some reason I always listen to Happy Xmas on this day each year. Maybe it's the aspirational nature of the song but I think that this year everyone could really use a happy new year regardless of whether you even celebrate Christmas and no matter when you may celebrate the new year.
I still remember laying in bed listening to the radio, listening to Dragon Attack by Queen off of "The Game" album, and halfway through the song it stopped and Scott Muni came on and said John Lennon had been shot and taken to a hospital, but then the news kept coming in and it was pretty clear what the end result was gonna be, I was a teenager but the Beatles were like my uncles because I didnt have any relatives in this country, my parents came over from Germany in '63, we all loved the fab four, it was a rough night for sure.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Sponsor
I still remember laying in bed listening to WPLJ Radio, listening to Dragon Attack by Queen off of "The Game" album, and halfway through the song it stopped and Scott Muni came on and said John Lennon had been shot and taken to a hospital, but then the news kept coming in and it was pretty clear what the end result was gonna be, I was a teenager but the Beatles were like my uncles because I didnt have any relatives in this country, my parents came over from Germany in '63, we all loved the fab four, it was a rough night for sure.

I recall Muni on WNEW 102.7? WPLJ was Carroll Miller and Mark Goodman. Generally a younger crowd of DJs on PLJ. Lennon had appeared once or twice on WNEW in the mid 70’s with Dennis Elsas if memory serves.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I recall Muni on WNEW 102.7? WPLJ was Carroll Miller and Mark Goodman. Generally a younger crowd of DJs on PLJ. Lennon had appeared once or twice on WNEW in the mid 70’s with Dennis Elsas if memory serves.

Scott Muni was definitely WNEW 102.7 and he did afternoons. Nights were with Vin Scelsa. I can't say if Scelsa broke the news on NEW - I was watching the Miami-New England game. Definitely a surreal night.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I still remember laying in bed listening to the radio, listening to Dragon Attack by Queen off of "The Game" album, and halfway through the song it stopped and Scott Muni came on and said John Lennon had been shot and taken to a hospital, but then the news kept coming in and it was pretty clear what the end result was gonna be, I was a teenager but the Beatles were like my uncles because I didnt have any relatives in this country, my parents came over from Germany in '63, we all loved the fab four, it was a rough night for sure.

Damn son. That's pretty much my Cobain story.

Never a pleasant feeling.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Damn son. That's pretty much my Cobain story.

Never a pleasant feeling.
That bothered me too Nirvana was/is one of my favorite bands, but I was older when Kurt died and he almost OD'd a few weeks before and there was word he wanted out, I saw it coming. Lennon was shot walking into his home while signing an autograph for the shooter, that was a shocker when it happened. I feel for you too Bro

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
That bothered me too Nirvana was/is one of my favorite bands, but I was older when Kurt died and he almost OD'd a few weeks before and there was word he wanted out, I saw it coming. Lennon was shot walking into his home while signing an autograph for the shooter, that was a shocker when it happened. I feel for you too Bro
That's fair. But I'd say my 13 year old brain couldn't wrap my mind around the self-inflicted brutality of it and definitely didn't understand addiction or depression back then.

Regardless, we lost some great ones for sure. Hell, both bands would probably be touring occasionally to this day if not for those incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad