OT: The Thread About Nothing CCXI: The Thread About Everything Besides Hockey and COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Merry Christmas everyone!

upload_2020-12-25_14-23-50.png

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Thermometer showed 46 degrees at 7:00 am this morning. The sun just barely coming up, a rolling fog coming off the water from the clash of the water and air temperature....46 might not sound that bad but when you're running a skiff at 40mph across open water...man oh man. I experienced a new level of cold today that I didn't think possible this far south.

Reactions: Billdo

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Thermometer showed 46 degrees at 7:00 am this morning. The sun just barely coming up, a rolling fog coming off the water from the clash of the water and air temperature....46 might not sound that bad but when you're running a skiff at 40mph across open water...man oh man. I experienced a new level of cold today that I didn't think possible this far south.

what? you dont use knots to measure speed on the water? :sarcasm:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Southern humid clammy cold always feels much worse than the ambient air temperature. Riding a bike at 45 degrees Fahrenheit can be really chilling depending upon the sun and the humidity and the breeze.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
i just used skype for the first time in my life…it seems like a friend of mine really needed this kind of interaction

…hooray for me joining the modern age i guess….

(still no cell phone though)
How hard does your cable company try to sell you internet and tries to force you to stop using dial up?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Southern humid clammy cold always feels much worse than the ambient air temperature. Riding a bike at 45 degrees Fahrenheit can be really chilling depending upon the sun and the humidity and the breeze.
I've never fished down here this cold...in fact I don't think I fished much below 70 degrees on the flats. Back at it again tomorrow and the high is only supposed to be 68. Probably start the morning around 55...I just got back from Walmart buying a beanie and a sweater for tomorrow.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I've never fished down here this cold...in fact I don't think I fished much below 70 degrees on the flats. Back at it again tomorrow and the high is only supposed to be 68. Probably start the morning around 55...I just got back from Walmart buying a beanie and a sweater for tomorrow.

You will be fine tomorrow in that weather. You won’t need a sweater once it gets to 60. Make sure you have a layer underneath that you can strip down once you get warm.

Reactions: JimEIV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad