OT: The Thread About Nothing CCXI: The Thread About Everything Besides Hockey and COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i see you guys got some snow in jersey. did BG complain yet about a state of emergency being declared or no?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
131925913_10124357011505584_2663015927327315707_o.jpg

There is a local small business owned by a guy who clearly loves what he does. If any of you guys and gals find yourself in Hellertown PA, stop in to Dolce Patisserie. Chef Alan is such a great guy. Loves what he does, loves his customers. Will chat with you all day about chocolate. And everything he makes tastes as good or better than it looks, which seems almost impossible. I've probably posted his stuff before, but it's amazing and worth noting again.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
i just used skype for the first time in my life…it seems like a friend of mine really needed this kind of interaction

…hooray for me joining the modern age i guess….

(still no cell phone though)
I'd say congratulations in joining the modern era, but you dont even have a cell phone? and Zoom is where its at. But seriously hope your friend is OK
(hey 82 do you have a CD player? or are you using 8 tracks still?)

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I'd say congratulations in joining the modern era, but you dont even have a cell phone? and Zoom is where its at. But seriously hope your friend is OK

if OK is having a small apartment living in mexico city as a teacher and no where else to go outside right now (other than groceries) and police driving the streets with bullhorns encouraging people to stay inside …..then ya, she's OK…..

…sort of ...:confused:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
(hey 82 do you have a CD player? or are you using 8 tracks still?)

i actually do have a cd player ….a phillips CD104 (its a classic and its a tank)

and of course still i play 8 tracks but only in the wood shop and garage

Reactions: The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
i actually do have a cd player ….a phillips CD104 (its a classic and its a tank)

and of course still i play 8 tracks but only in the wood shop and garage
I used to listen to In A Gadda Da Vida on 8track, did you know the real name of that song was In The Garden of Eden, but those guys were so drunk/high when they wrote it that the one band member from Iron Butterfly said "Hey whats the name of that song", and the other guy mumbled inagaddadavida.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I used to listen to In A Gadda Da Vida on 8track, did you know the real name of that song was In The Garden of Eden, but those guys were so drunk/high when they wrote it that the one band member from Iron Butterfly said "Hey whats the name of that song", and the other guy mumbled inagaddadavida.

ya, i heard something about that before…

…the guess who band name is another misunderstanding that stuck

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
ya, i heard something about that before…

…the guess who band name is another misunderstanding that stuck
how about Led Zeppelin
Kieth Moon was at a party talking to Jimmy Page and Page said he's got a new band they're gonna be called The New Yardbirds, and Moon said, yeah, that'll go over like a lead zeppelin!!!!!!
and then theres Three Dog Night, we could go on and on

Reactions: njdevils1982

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
6 of the last 8 days on the water, 10/11 hour days, one more tomorrow before the North winds blow in and I head over to the more protected areas of the Everglades....you spend this much on the water your lips have a constant saltines to them. Maybe it's just the margaritas?
Going to close out 2020 properly...that is, not a worry in the world and a fly rod in my hands.

Reactions: TheUnseenHand

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
6 of the last 8 days on the water, 10/11 hour days, one more tomorrow before the North winds blow in and I head over to the more protected areas of the Everglades....you spend this much on the water your lips have a constant saltines to them. Maybe it's just the margaritas?
Going to close out 2020 properly...that is, not a worry in the world and a fly rod in my hands.

f***in do it man

Reactions: JimEIV

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Merry Christmas everyone. Health, safety, happiness and all good stuff going forwards to you all.

btw - I'm playing Christmas CDs right now on my 6-disc changer. I love my Amazon Music Unlimited membership, but there's something about playing a disc from end to end or just leaving it on shuffle.

All presents wrapped, kids and pets asleep. Just me and the Missus getting our drink on.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Sir Paul did a Q&A on Reddit today. Most of it was typical generic Paul but he did answer a question about the last time he saw John and he couldn’t remember the year. I’m sort of surprised by that.
The old chap is losing his memory !
That is a little surprising, I've heard interviews with him before and he describes things in detail like they just happened yesterday.
Oh well

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad