OT: The Thread About Nothing CCXI: The Thread About Everything Besides Hockey and COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
All of my social media outlets are inundated with political nonsense today...This is the only place I have to hide.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
All of my social media outlets are inundated with political nonsense today...This is the only place I have to hide.

And today is different than any other day - how? :laugh: Social media is a cesspool. Remove the political horseshit, the vanity posts for those with the desparate need to be noticed and liked and what's left? Not a whole lot. At least here we can discuss hockey mainly along with some other topics, and when it gets out of control the mods step in. So yes, this is a nice place to be in. :)

Reactions: Out of Business

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
And today is different than any other day - how? :laugh: Social media is a cesspool. Remove the political horseshit, the vanity posts for those with the desparate need to be noticed and liked and what's left? Not a whole lot. At least here we can discuss hockey mainly along with some other topics, and when it gets out of control the mods step in. So yes, this is a nice place to be in. :)

hell, even going out in public can be a cesspool.....had some chick tailgate me earlier today so i flipped her off.....at the next stop light she was turning right, stopped her car and spit on my passenger window and sped off.....lucky it was closed...f***ing c---

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
hell, even going out in public can be a cesspool.....had some chick tailgate me earlier today so i flipped her off.....at the next stop light she was turning right, stopped her car and spit on my passenger window and sped off.....lucky it was closed...f***ing c---
You should've wiggled it.

Edit: That's how you make a life long friend....At least that's how I do.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
14+ hours in the woods today from 4:30am to 6:30pm. Saw 4 bears and a doe and her fawn.

When I am feeling down, stressed and beaten up from life there is nothing that makes me feel better than an entire day in the woods. Dark to dark, by myself... It's tiring, exhilarating, sometimes extremely boring, but at the end of a day I have a peacefulness that's hard to describe.

But the best part of it is sitting down at the end of the day to reflect on everything with a bourbon...Michter's tonight. I know I won't make it until 8:00 pm before I crash.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
:( such a shame and legend gone.
I saw him at MSG and the amount he smoked was mind boggling...Just before he did his huge solo that he does at every show he put a cigarette down on top of a monitor...He forgot about that and light up another one, he put that one in the strings of his guitar up by the keys and then light a another one a few seconds later....In less than 5 minutes he lit 3 cigarettes and smoke two of them...The one on the monitor burned out...I think was more enthralled by the burning amp than seeing Eruption again.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
How deep down the rabbit hole do you want to dive?
What do you know about lobster?

I know this isn't a fishing question, as I was mostly trying to get Jim distracted from his Facebook, but if you have an opinion I'd appreciate the input.

We're having a boil on Friday and 1 friend is insisting we don't stab beforehand due to flavor concerns. I'm not about that boiling things alive life and believe that if you season the water well enough you're good.

I will definitely hit you up before the next time I have a rod in my hands.

Xo

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I saw him at MSG and the amount he smoked was mind boggling...Just before he did his huge solo that he does at every show he put a cigarette down on top of a monitor...He forgot about that and light up another one, he put that one in the strings of his guitar up by the keys and then light a another one a few seconds later....In less than 5 minutes he lit 3 cigarettes and smoke two of them...The one on the monitor burned out...I think was more enthralled by the burning amp than seeing Eruption again.
I saw VH on the Fair Warning tour at both MSG and the old Spectrum. The acoustics at the old Spectrum were terrible. The MSG show sounded so much better.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What do you know about lobster?

I know this isn't a fishing question, as I was mostly trying to get Jim distracted from his Facebook, but if you have an opinion I'd appreciate the input.

We're having a boil on Friday and 1 friend is insisting we don't stab beforehand due to flavor concerns. I'm not about that boiling things alive life and believe that if you season the water well enough you're good.

I will definitely hit you up before the next time I have a rod in my hands.

Xo
My wife is from a family that has a long tradition of New England and French Canadian lobster fisherman.

She said steam don't boil. A rack slightly submerged in the bottom of the pot. Steam in beer and water. Don't stab. Turn the lobster upside down and it will go into katonic state. Drop into the pot head first and it will be dead almost immediately. You might hear some movement but the lobster is dead already.

Oh clarified butter is key also

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
My wife is from a family that has a long tradition of New England and French Canadian lobster fisherman.

She said steam don't boil. A rack slightly submerged in the bottom of the pot. Steam in beer and water. Don't stab. Turn the lobster upside down and it will go into katonic state. Drop into the pot head first and it will be dead almost immediately. You might hear some movement but the lobster is dead already.

Oh clarified butter is key also
Xo

By boil I do believe he meant what your wife stated. I cook a fair amount but am admittedly pretty ignorant when it comes to shellfish.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

wow

mellencamp smoked 4 packs a day back in the 80's…..insane

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I regret never seeing Eddie in concert. I couldn't bring myself to see him drunk in the 2000s or with the reboot with Dave and his kid. Dave is absolute shit in concert because he just can't sing anymore and he can't make it through a song without going on a tangent. I'm more of a Van Hagar guy, but I love both versions.

One thing I really loved about Eddie is that he could shred, but it always sounded controlled and deliberate.

I absolutely love these two, under the radar, songs. You'll never hear them on the radio, which is a f***ing crime. The guitar is absolute fire

RIP Eddie

mellencamp smoked 4 packs a day back in the 80's…..insane

I watched an interview on 60 minutes with Mellencamp. He did it so he could have the raspiest voice possible

Last edited:
Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I regret never seeing Eddie in concert. I couldn't bring myself to see him drunk in the 2000s or with the reboot with Dave and his kid. Dave is absolute shit in concert because he just can't sing anymore and he can't make it through a song without going on a tangent. I'm more of a Van Hagar guy, but I love both versions.

One thing I really loved about Eddie is that he could shred, but it always sounded controlled and deliberate.

I absolutely love these two, under the radar, songs. You'll never hear them on the radio, which is a f***ing crime. The guitar is absolute fire

RIP Eddie

I watched an interview on 60 minutes with Mellencamp. He did it so he could have the raspiest voice possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad