OT: The Thread About Nothing CCXI: The Thread About Everything Besides Hockey and COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Maybe this is the right thread?

I'm moving on Sunday and my girl was pulling out clothes to toss. She came across a Devils jacket that I never wear and which I jokingly said makes me look like I work for the team.

I got the jacket for being a season ticket holder for x amount of years and many memories are tied to it. She replied "what did that get you? 10k for a jacket and a losing team?"

Love that woman.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Maybe this is the right thread?

I'm moving on Sunday and my girl was pulling out clothes to toss. She came across a Devils jacket that I never wear and which I jokingly said makes me look like I work for the team.

I got the jacket for being a season ticket holder for x amount of years and many memories are tied to it. She replied "what did that get you? 10k for a jacket and a losing team?"

Love that woman.

Sorry to hear about your relationship ending.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Up here in northern Vermont. Good night for largemouth. No pics as I was busy helping the girls release fish. Nothing big landed in the kayak just yet.

Saturday was nuts up here. It was a constant 40 mph wind out of the west. One guy tied off his boat bow pointing to the shore and it sank. Lucky it was only about 4ft of water. They were able to bail it out and get it floating again. Motor fired right up after being under water too.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What a terrific week of Pike fishing on Champlain. Bass fishing was slow, but trophy sized pike were going bonkers. I had an 8.5 lb., my sister had a 6.5 pounder, and my dad had three 7 pounders an 8 pounder, two 9 pounders and two over 10 pounds. All weighed with an accurate scale, no over-guestimation. Here is one of the 10 pounders my dad caught. Keep in mind he is like 6'4":

eKmCzGd.jpg

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
What a terrific week of Pike fishing on Champlain. Bass fishing was slow, but trophy sized pike were going bonkers. I had an 8.5 lb., my sister had a 6.5 pounder, and my dad had three 7 pounders an 8 pounder, two 9 pounders and two over 10 pounds. All weighed with an accurate scale, no over-guestimation. Here is one of the 10 pounders my dad caught. Keep in mind he is like 6'4":

eKmCzGd.jpg

That's awesome! Great fish

Lake Champlain is gorgeous, I need to go back up there some time soon.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You two need to join forces and catch Champ., their version of the Loche Ness monster.

Sometimes you gotta wonder. I mean, I don't believe there is anything like that in the lake, but the lake is freaking massive and over 300 ft deep, so who knows.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Sometimes you gotta wonder. I mean, I don't believe there is anything like that in the lake, but the lake is freaking massive and over 300 ft deep, so who knows.

Wouldn't shock me if there were some mysterious creatures at the bottom of lakes we haven't really discovered yet. I mean, Lake Baikal in Russia is over a mile deep. I doubt there has been much study of the creatures at the bottom of that lake (if any).

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't know if I'm late to the party but if anyone is looking for something to watch, Yellowstone is absolutely magnificent.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I don't know if I'm late to the party but if anyone is looking for something to watch, Yellowstone is absolutely magnificent.

I’ve been wanting to start it from season 1 since I keep hearing great things about it but the station it’s hasn’t replayed them and it’s not on a streaming service that I get.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Finished the entire series of Yellowstone. It might be a little bit of recently viewed bias but I'm putting it in my top 5 shows, ever. Can not wait for the fourth season.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
2yUwMJ_Rg3I7kQzccxsd0mUfw3IvS1NLBMyzJ1WZBIevU0uaKfXc8ax16C3rz9nnM7zinu0OPAufvYE9mmpPsL6UAaxr8lj4dIBDMW71WA17-mLnLjt5uUKWPxrUDe0gGeR5o32m=s0-d

Curious what a HF pals think about this tattoo lol. It's not mine but I'm thinking of getting something similar

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
2yUwMJ_Rg3I7kQzccxsd0mUfw3IvS1NLBMyzJ1WZBIevU0uaKfXc8ax16C3rz9nnM7zinu0OPAufvYE9mmpPsL6UAaxr8lj4dIBDMW71WA17-mLnLjt5uUKWPxrUDe0gGeR5o32m=s0-d

Curious what a HF pals think about this tattoo lol. It's not mine but I'm thinking of getting something similar
Looks awesome but I have two concerns. Realism doesn't hold up that well overtime from what I understand being the first concern. The second would be finding an artist who is actually capable of doing it. That's a tough style to really nail. I love tattoos. If you can find someone who can do it then go it. It looks awesome.

Reactions: Cheddabombs

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Looks awesome but I have two concerns. Realism doesn't hold up that well overtime from what I understand being the first concern. The second would be finding an artist who is actually capable of doing it. That's a tough style to really nail. I love tattoos. If you can find someone who can do it then go it. It looks awesome.

That's true about the first point, though I think if I take care of it well afterwards and it heals well then going in for touch-ups every now and then should help its longevity. And yeah definitely need to find someone that can actually do this which is the biggest hurdle, and I think I found someone. Looking at their Instagram page they've done quite a lot of realism tattoos, including wolves and lions, and they look great from those pictures.

My other two tattoos that I have I was pretty headstrong about getting, this one I'm kind of on the fence. Not because I don't like it but because I have so many other ideas about what to get. I could also look into continuing my sleeve but I don't know if I want to just yet.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
That's true about the first point, though I think if I take care of it well afterwards and it heals well then going in for touch-ups every now and then should help its longevity. And yeah definitely need to find someone that can actually do this which is the biggest hurdle, and I think I found someone. Looking at their Instagram page they've done quite a lot of realism tattoos, including wolves and lions, and they look great from those pictures.

My other two tattoos that I have I was pretty headstrong about getting, this one I'm kind of on the fence. Not because I don't like it but because I have so many other ideas about what to get. I could also look into continuing my sleeve but I don't know if I want to just yet.
They're super addictive. I went from zero to 5 in about 4 years. Four of them are very small but the 5th takes up my entire upper arm for the most part. If you're bored Login • Instagram this guy is one of my absolute favorite for realism. Knocks everything out of the park.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
They're super addictive. I went from zero to 5 in about 4 years. Four of them are very small but the 5th takes up my entire upper arm for the most part. If you're bored Login • Instagram this guy is one of my absolute favorite for realism. Knocks everything out of the park.

Aha I definitely feel that, I had zero going into the year and if I get this it'll be my 3rd. First was kind of small but the 2nd takes up half of my forearm. Honestly if it wasn't for money I'd have more too.

And thanks for sharing that guy has some unreeaaal work! I love looking at tattoos some are just insanely detailed like those and others are just so creative, it's so cool.

Reactions: Billdo

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ahaha I know it's a overplayed, but if it helps I'm also thinking of maybe a lion headdress instead of a wolf

Oh well, I'm not very creative :(

Something else like this would be super cool

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad