OT: The Thread About Nothing CCX: Pet Emporium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
For all you powder hounds: I'm up at smuggs right now, we've had 3 feet since Thursday, and it's still going. There was already full coverage when I got here.

It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow then start up again on Monday and go through Wed.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like this on the east coast.

Moral of the story? Take a day or 2 off if you can.

ukmanchesterdevil

Oct 5, 2019
Hey all, don't know if this is the right thread, so apologies if not. Over from the UK for the Blues game on Friday as a big 30th Birthday treat. Looking for some recommendations of where to eat pre- game. Nothing fancy required. Cheers

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Hey all, don't know if this is the right thread, so apologies if not. Over from the UK for the Blues game on Friday as a big 30th Birthday treat. Looking for some recommendations of where to eat pre- game. Nothing fancy required. Cheers

There is a stickied threaad for tickets and info about the Prudential Center and surrounding area

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
what a strange day it was yesterday……sold my '73 maverick out of the blue to some guy that just stopped by ….got a good enough price so i took the deal……not bad considering it sat around for years waiting to be fixed up to put back on the road

later in the day a hawk decided to try and pluck a chicken out of the yard but failed as i broke up the fight….i almost got a steel toe boot into the ruckus but the thing flew off and left my cluck……

….she was still in a bit of a shock today, docile and laying low in the coop but i'm glad no major damage ……f***ing shit hawks

Reactions: Bleedred

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I work at a school in NYC and I got an accidental sneak peak at our coronavirus contingency plans. Things are starting to get serious.

what a strange day it was yesterday……sold my '73 maverick out of the blue to some guy that just stopped by ….got a good enough price so i took the deal……not bad considering it sat around for years waiting to be fixed up to put back on the road

later in the day a hawk decided to try and pluck a chicken out of the yard but failed as i broke up the fight….i almost got a steel toe boot into the ruckus but the thing flew off and left my cluck……

….she was still in a bit of a shock today, docile and laying low in the coop but i'm glad no major damage ……f***ing shit hawks

I missed your chicken updates. More please!

Spent the last year or so in a depression hole after my life kinda fell apart but I'm starting to feel better lately and started getting things moving I'm the right direction. So hopefully I'll be back to posting more often

Been there a few times. It's rough but, as you're seeing, things start going back in the right direction and, little by little, the entirety starts making more sense. If you need a buddy or some advice (I've been dealing with this shit my whole life) feel free to shoot a DM!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
@TheUnseenHand what other webtoons do you read

Right now I've pretty much just kept up with ToG. I was reading unOrdinary, but just got tired of it. John is an impossibly annoying protagonist. Winter Moon was good for a few laughs, but I ended up dropping that too. I do want to finish reading Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, though that isn't on Webtoons.

I have watched a few animes lately including Cells at Work (educational), Children of the Whales and the Code Geass OVA Lelouch of the Re;surrection.

It's tough anymore though. I work so much. Even on weekends I'm fielding emails. I have a billion and one hobbies so my downtime gets divided among them all. It leaves very little time for manga and anime.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Oh and a cat update: They have destroyed 3 more sticks of butter. No more leaving butter in a covered dish on the counter for us...

Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I work at a school in NYC and I got an accidental sneak peak at our coronavirus contingency plans. Things are starting to get serious.

I missed your chicken updates. More please!

Been there a few times. It's rough but, as you're seeing, things start going back in the right direction and, little by little, the entirety starts making more sense. If you need a buddy or some advice (I've been dealing with this shit my whole life) feel free to shoot a DM!

so ….ya….the chicken died…..she looked shell shocked at night and slept in a nest box…..by morning she was gone

i know, not the best update but i still have 5 more

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Right now I've pretty much just kept up with ToG. I was reading unOrdinary, but just got tired of it. John is an impossibly annoying protagonist. Winter Moon was good for a few laughs, but I ended up dropping that too. I do want to finish reading Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, though that isn't on Webtoons.

I have watched a few animes lately including Cells at Work (educational), Children of the Whales and the Code Geass OVA Lelouch of the Re;surrection.

It's tough anymore though. I work so much. Even on weekends I'm fielding emails. I have a billion and one hobbies so my downtime gets divided among them all. It leaves very little time for manga and anime.
THANK YOU. i hate john, and people seem to love defending him

you should check out sweet home

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

SHORT VERSION:
The media are scaring the **** out of people about this. Yeah, it's a bad bug, it's all over America now, but enough is enough. It's absurd at this point. When this is all said & done, they'll find the true COVID-19 mortality rate isn't much higher than flu (maybe something like .3 or .4 versus .1. Certainly higher yes, but nothing insane).

LONG VERSION:
You're going to find (eventually) that the death rate from COVID is nowhere near as high as the 2.5% to 4% that the media loves to constantly report. That's a total BS number because it's simply based on reported cases & known deaths. The reality is the "cases" are many tens-of-thousands higher, because there are people all over the planet now who thought/think they had/have a bad cold, and actually have/had COVID-19. And while it's easy to "miss" a COVID case, it's kind of tough to miss a bodybag. So COVID cases get seriously under-reported & COVID deaths are fairly accurate, which leads to an accurate numerator & an inaccurately low denominator = a mathematically over-exaggerated mortality rate which is breathlessly being reported by the media.

About that data, nobody should flipping trust the Chinese or Iranian data. At this point the only data I trust is the South Korean data. South Korea is a free country with an advanced, modern, structured, healthcare system. They have a serious COVID-19 outbreak & thus a robust data set of cases. Guess what? As of yesterday, the death rate in South Korea is only 0.6. Keep in mind, there has GOT to be significant under-counting in South Korea as well for the aforementioned reasons. In other words, when this is all said & done, I doubt the COVID-19 death rate will be all that much higher than flu. COVID appears deadly to people >=65'ish and very deadly >=80'ish, but not so much in young healthy people (like flu). For instance, there are currently over 1,800 cases in S.K. in people <=30, and not a single person has died. Ya'd kinda think the media might want to let people know that, but of course, that doesnt get you ratings and marketing $$$$ - fear does.

Last edited:

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
It's not even that I'm worried about it (I'm young and healthy, immune-system-wise anyway), but there's a reason why NYC (Where I am) and other major cities need to take it a lot more seriously.

There's a larger, more condensed population of people who are vulnerable to feeling this thing very hard. From what I can gather, that population is the elderly and immunocompromised. That's probably a few hundred thousand, if not more, in a ten mile radius of where I am right now. Even at 1% mortality, that's a lot of people, and even more seriously hospitalized, which is a heavy strain on available medical resources. The fact that younger, healthier folks can carry it asymptomatically makes it even more likely that more vulnerable folks can contract it. Especially when we're all sharing the same subway cars and sidewalks.

Also, we have a cheap and accessible vaccine for the flu. There's no vaccine for Covid, yet.

There's a bit of fear-mongering, of course, but cities are at far-greater risk of bigger issues with this than less populated areas. Pretty much every major congregation of people (Schools, big business, etc.) have some sort of contingency plan for it here.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I just hope I get to work from home for 2 weeks

As I see it, this is not really any different than the flu. The only people that we should be worried about are elderly, pregnant women, and infants

Reactions: OmNomNom

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
we have a cheap and accessible vaccine for the flu. There's no vaccine for Covid, yet.

And yet only about 40% get vaccinated against flu each year.

Many due to idiotic anti-vax "flat earth" fears, or due to the even "flatter earth" fear that the flu vaccine gives you the flu. Mostly, however, due to procrastination and/or laziness, which is sad.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I love the flu vaccine. My job gives it to us for free, so I look at it as a free 30 minute break once a year. That and they always do it near Halloween, and have a bowl of candy, so I get Twizzlers out of it.

Reactions: tr83

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Shortage of face masks? No problem.

coronavirus-mask-in-russia-68715039.png
cf6d4z9fh7d41.jpg

Reactions: Davegarri

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I have never had the flu vaccine. It is based off a guess of what strain it is going to be and I know many people who have gotten the flu even with the vaccine so it isnt that effective.

Waste of time for something that doesnt work

Reactions: devilsblood

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I just hope I get to work from home for 2 weeks

As I see it, this is not really any different than the flu. The only people that we should be worried about are elderly, pregnant women, and infants
I haven't seen breakdowns as per age groups but it does appear to be more deadly then the flu.

I think I may have heard it also spreads more easily.

So the "it's no worse then the flu" narrative appears to be misguided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad