OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVIII: Limes On A Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Between round 1 of the playoffs, Endgame tomorrow, and the week being bookended by 2 epic GoT episodes, I'm on entertainment overload.

I think I'm going to isolate myself in the mountains for a week in May.

Add in the NFL draft tomorrow for me (not as into the nfl as I used to be but the draft still intrigues).

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Every spring I never fail to be stunned by just how drastic the difference in North Jersey's aesthetic between winter wasteland and spring-time "not bad, kinda nice" is for no other reason than the trees being in bloom. That's it.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Every spring I never fail to be stunned by just how drastic the difference in North Jersey's aesthetic between winter wasteland and spring-time "not bad, kinda nice" is for no other reason than the trees being in bloom. That's it.
One of things that keeps me here in the Mid-Atlantic, besides work, is our flora and fauna.

Spring is an awesome time of year and
there are a lot of beautiful places to be in the spring in this country but there is nothing like the North East.

For me personally, autumn tugs at the soul... It is just more spectacular than any place I know... spring has similar aspects...its the smell for me, the leafs, grass, brush and earth combination that creates such a sweet distinct smell that I have never encountered any other place like it.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
For me personally, autumn tugs at the soul... It is just more spectacular than any place I know... spring has similar aspects...its the smell for me, the leafs, grass, brush and earth combination that creatcr such a sweet distinct smell that I have never encountered any other place like it.

This. 110% this.

For me, and maybe it's just me being overly-sentimental, but that morning dewy smell of my neighborhood (*especially* when it rained in the middle of the night before) on a spring morning is something that I haven't found anywhere else yet, and I mean I'm not an outdoorsman but I haven't smelled anything quite like "Jersey vegetation in the morning" after waking up in Michigan, Florida, California, England, Ireland, Italy, or a few other places I've visited.

Doesn't say "Garden State" on our license plates for nothing.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

This time of year is the best time for our area. Right now where you can go walk the beach with shorts and a hoodie before it gets hot and crowded. Or drive down to Cape May and walk for hours through the town and enjoy the fresh air. It's just a fantastic place this time of year.

Reactions: New Jersey

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
For me personally, autumn tugs at the soul... It is just more spectacular than any place I know... spring has similar aspects...its the smell for me, the leafs, grass, brush and earth combination that creates such a sweet distinct smell that I have never encountered any other place like it.

It is a special thing and one of the best things about the region.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
It makes such a difference living out in Morris County vs where I was in DT Jersey City. Springtime out here is spectacular once stuff starts blooming. Madison residents in particular knock it out of the park with the landscaping.

Reactions: New Jersey

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So I think I've settled on my next project: Nixie Tube clock. The inspiration of course being the Divergence Meter from Stein;s Gate. I've begun ordering the parts. Have to see a guy about some Soviet IN-14 Nixie Tubes tomorrow.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
oh man that middle school rectangle pizza i used to buy every day was the ****. it just dawned on me that was like 20 years ago...that’s depressing

FYI, that was straight-up Ellios, and you can still buy it at any grocery store.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No idea why school pizza was so good.
I always thought it was disgusting. Maybe I would have liked it if I lived in Iowa or something.

And on the other hand, if the first pizza I ever tried was school pizza, I probably wouldn't have ever wanted to try pizza again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad