OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVIII: Limes On A Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
My middle school would alternate pizza Fridays between Domino's (YUCK) and french bread pizza. Almost all the boys, including me, would line up and pay the extra $2 on top of the $1.40 for two extra pieces.

It's the only one of three things from middle school I care to remember

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
In my school, it was definitely not Ellios. I ate a lot of Ellios as a kid. The cheeses were different. Same shape and size though!

Mine was definitely Ellios (it's made right here in New Jersey).

This was back in the day when Ellios actually had cheese on it. Some years ago it got bought out by a bigger fish & they started skimping to boost their margins (sad); size got a teeny-tiny bit smaller so you barely notice it, and I swear it has only about 1/3 the amount of cheese now.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
No idea why school pizza was so good.

Because it was PIZZA at SCHOOL. Back when pizza was a special occasion thing, before we all became adults and realized we could order pizza whenever, haha.

My middle school would alternate pizza Fridays between Domino's (YUCK) and french bread pizza. Almost all the boys, including me, would line up and pay the extra $2 on top of the $1.40 for two extra pieces.

That was also the case at one of my schools.

Reactions: New Jersey

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

This was back in the day when Ellios actually had cheese on it. Some years ago it got bought out by a bigger fish & they started skimping to boost their margins (sad); size got a teeny-tiny bit smaller so you barely notice it, and I swear it has only about 1/3 the amount of cheese now.

I knew it wasn’t just made taste buds that changed! I used to eat Ellios all the time but then moved away from NJ and they randomly started selling it at a grocery store down here so of course I picked it up. I can’t eat it without adding my own cheese on top because there’s hardly any on it.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
It makes such a difference living out in Morris County vs where I was in DT Jersey City. Springtime out here is spectacular once stuff starts blooming. Madison residents in particular knock it out of the park with the landscaping.

I'm like the only mid-20s person in my circle of friends who really has no intention on leaving the suburbs.

The commute sucks sometimes but what you go home to makes it worth it.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
In my school, it was definitely not Ellios. I ate a lot of Ellios as a kid. The cheeses were different. Same shape and size though!

Also, so many frozen pizzas have muenster cheese on them. Weird. But tasty!

No idea why school pizza was so good.

I always thought it was disgusting. Maybe I would have liked it if I lived in Iowa or something.

And on the other hand, if the first pizza I ever tried was school pizza, I probably wouldn't have ever wanted to try pizza again.

i don’t know what sort of heathen school you went to, but we definitely weren’t served ellios.

Because it was PIZZA at SCHOOL. Back when pizza was a special occasion thing, before we all became adults and realized we could order pizza whenever, haha.

That was also the case at one of my schools.

I knew it wasn’t just made taste buds that changed! I used to eat Ellios all the time but then moved away from NJ and they randomly started selling it at a grocery store down here so of course I picked it up. I can’t eat it without adding my own cheese on top because there’s hardly any on it.

my elementary school's pizza day was sourced directly from a proper pizzeria in town. :yo:

Reactions: tr83 and Bleedred

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
my elementary school's pizza day was sourced directly from a proper pizzeria in town.

My wife is a 2nd grade teacher, and this is what her school currently does every-other Friday.

You get 2 slices, a bag of chips, and a soda for $3.50. She partakes and looks forward to it (because elementary school teachers never really grew up). She was excited last night because today's that day.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
My wife is a 2nd grade teacher, and this is what her school currently does every-other Friday.

You get 2 slices, a bag of chips, and a soda for $3.50. She partakes and looks forward to it (because elementary school teachers never really grew up). She was excited last night because today's that day.
wonder what that would've cost in the mid 90s... $2?

$3.50 is still a steal

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

Damn I wish I had that as a kid.

I had those Ellios pizza in school. But for some reason i really loved them..and still do this day.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i'm doing a Game of Thrones game with my roommates where you list your likely deaths 1-10, with their position = point value

it's so hard to do, since i think everyone's gonna die

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
i'm doing a Game of Thrones game with my roommates where you list your likely deaths 1-10, with their position = point value

Interesting you say that, a friend of mine thinks the dead king wins as well & the show has a dark ending.

I doubt that very much, it would anger too many people, and more cynically, it would prevent HBO from having a multi-hundred million dollar spinoff five or six years from now if everyone dies.

I wrote recently in this thread that that is IMO (though it will never be stated) the real reason Sopranos ended the way it did. It gave HBO a ****load of wiggle-room for any eventual sequel(s) it wanted.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That reminds me, I need to hit the liquor store before Sunday night. There's no way I'm doing GOT sober this week.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Given that the battle is this week I don't think there's any way the night king takes it. That would leave 3 full episodes of the dead just pillaging the rest of Westeros. Which even for GoT would be a hell of a curve ball with an exceptional amount of murder.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So i almost got my ass kicked tonight and i never said a word. But because i looked liked a guy who said a very sexist thing i was blamed.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
What was the, "very sexist thing" that was said?

Nowadays if you so much a tell a girl, "you look pretty today", you can be branded a sexist pig, inappropriate, and be fired from your job.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
man, Game of Thrones though...

Note that they didn't show everyone at the end of the ep, so a few people could still be dead (greyworm, missandei, sam [i think he's dead], sam's baby mama/baby)

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
game of thrones good lord! that was incredible! i won't spoil anything but if you haven't watched it by now? then you aren't a fan on the show. I had my calendar cleared well in advance knowing this episode was going to be the biggest tv episode ever. it didn't disappoint

the opening charge was incredible stupid but incredible. i would've bounced after seeing those lights go out one by one. i'll stop there though

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad