OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm kinda depressed...they stopped using urinal cakes in bathroom at work and replaced them with pads.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love trying to break urinal cakes. Its like one of the only reasons I look forward to going to work.

At least you have something. My employer has waterless urinals:rant::facepalm:

Reactions: Aethon

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

water in urinals always seemed ridiculously wasteful to me. i mean you’re pissing down a drain, is there a legitimate need for water? apparently they can range from 1-5 gallons of water per flush. that’s INSANE

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

How often is it cleaned?

water in urinals always seemed ridiculously wasteful to me. i mean you’re pissing down a drain, is there a legitimate need for water? apparently they can range from 1-5 gallons of water per flush. that’s INSANE

Yes. Unless it's cleaned (often) it will stink to high heaven.

Reactions: Billdo

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
How often is it cleaned?

The easy answer to the question of how much water waterless urinals save is, well, all of it. They really do operate without water. The only water needed is a small amount (about 32 ounces, or roughly 1 liter) used to flush the drain line every few months as part of regular maintenance [source: Zero Flush]. Determining exactly how much water a waterless urinal saves can be complicated, though. That number depends on a lot of variables, including the amount of water the old urinal used, the number of people who will use the new urinal and how often those people will use it.

sauce: How much water do waterless urinals really save?

that sounds right. 1-5 gallons per flush is an absolute waste

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
1.5 gallons seems over-the-top, I'm not sure I've ever seen that.

no no not 1.5. 1 TO 5 gallons per flush. from the EPA:

Urinals can account for a significant portion of indoor water usage in commercial and institutional settings. A typical office building could reduce its water use from old, inefficient urinals by 26,000 gallons per year or more. While the current federal standard for commercial urinals is 1.0 gallon per flush (gpf), some older urinals use as much as five times that amount.

again...that’s just crazy.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

How often is it cleaned?

sauce: How much water do waterless urinals really save?

that sounds right. 1-5 gallons per flush is an absolute waste

1.5 gallons seems over-the-top, I'm not sure I've ever seen that.

no no not 1.5. 1 TO 5 gallons per flush. from the EPA:

again...that’s just crazy.

I'd rather discuss this for the next 6 months than almost anything that's been discussed in the team thread. With regard to urinals, I find it shocking how many people try to pee ON TOP of them. Like legit aiming to get it on top of the urinal.

Reactions: MartyOwns

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
How often is it cleaned?

Depends when the janitor shows up. Usually everyday and it doesn't smell bad, but any less frequent it reeks. And don't get me started if there's a leak.

Most smells don't bother me. Even skunk isn't too bad. But one of the urinals leaked on the floor a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the WORST smells I've ever experienced. I wouldn't say it was animal decomposition bad, but damn, I think I might have experience my first asthma attack.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Depends when the janitor shows up. Usually everyday and it doesn't smell bad, but any less frequent it reeks. And don't get me started if there's a leak.

Most smells don't bother me. Even skunk isn't too bad. But one of the urinals leaked on the floor a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the WORST smells I've ever experienced. I wouldn't say it was animal decomposition bad, but damn, I think I might have experience my first asthma attack.
I don't think skunk (from far away) smells that bad. It's sort of like gasoline. Not that it smells the same, just that it's a strange smell that isn't really offensive. I'm sure being sprayed by a skunk smells much worse though. I wouldn't wanna smell like a skunk or gasoline, but the smells of them aren't so bad.

People who smoke weed shouldn't really find the skunk odor offensive, as they smell very similar. I think skunk smells a little less offensive, but probably because with weed comes the smoke also and I can't stand the odor of anything that can be smoked.

Another smell I find similar to skunk is coffee beans, but not so much when brewing it, but during the process of ''Constructing'' the coffee or whatever the word would be. I don't really know what they do, but I do know is that there was a coffee plant near my friend's house (that old Savarin plant off Grand Ave and Route 46 in Palisades Park) and when you were within a few blocks of it, you would smell a similar smell to skunk. The building is still there, but they've got something else there now. It hasn't been Savarin is 10-15 years.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Some stadiums are really bad. Spectrum Center in Charlotte had 92% violation rate lmao

Good on The Rock for having some of the fewest health-code violations in America.

The best part of the article is the completely over-the-top sensationalist title:

What's lurking in your stadium food?

Reactions: Davegarri

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
that’s a cool article, it really makes me want to take a trip to spectrum center to see what in the **** is going on over there

That was the first ESPN article I've read in a long time lol

A few of those stadiums are really bad. Like if they were real restaurants they'd probably be shut down levels of bad

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I almost never eat cow. I probably have a burger 3 or 4 times a year and almost all my other red meat consumption is game meat, occasionally duck...which I consider red meat :)

Last night I went out to a steakhouse and had a giant rib eye...Today I am home sick and my stomach is a complete mess. I don't know what it is but I can't eat steak it totally wrecks me.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I almost never eat cow. I probably have a burger 3 or 4 times a year and almost all my other red meat consumption is game meat, occasionally duck...which I consider red meat :)

Last night I went out to a steakhouse and had a giant rib eye...Today I am home sick and my stomach is a complete mess. I don't know what it is but I can't eat steak it totally wrecks me.

Cow & deer are both red meat hoofed mammals. If you're feeling that bad, you likely got food poisoning from something at the restaurant. Were you by any chance eating at Spectrum Center?

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

Cow & deer are both red meat hoofed mammals. If you're feeling that bad, you likely got food poisoning from something at the restaurant. Were you by any chance eating at Spectrum Center?

Jim, I don't know how many times we gotta tell you this, but the urinal cakes aren't actual cakes.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It happens whenever I eat a large portions of steak. Venison never seems to bother me, admittedly I never eat 20oz portions of venison but even smaller fillet mignon bothers me. Like upset stomach for 12 hours every time I eat a steak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad