OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tough decision... stay home and watch the game at 1:00 or go to the Fly Tying Symposium in Parsippany.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Tough decision... stay home and watch the game at 1:00 or go to the Fly Tying Symposium in Parsippany.

DVR the game, don't check the score, go to the symposium, come home and watch the game after.

I only don't go to a few home games a year but I never miss something I want to do to stay home and watch a road game(unless it's the playoffs)

DVRs are such a great invention.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

This sounds boring as all hell.

DVR the game, don't check the score, go to the symposium, come home and watch the game after.

But seriously, this is the correct answer. I do this whenever something causes me to miss a Devils or Eagles game.

At first, it took a bit of getting used to not watching "live", but now it doesnt matter to me at all. In fact, you wouldnt believe how quickly you can watch an NFL football game when you fast-forward after each play. So much of the 1 hour gametime is actually running clock. Then there's 15 minutes at half-time. I got in the habit of doing this after I started hunting about 5 years ago during archery season. I'd come in from hunting, warm up on the couch, and put the game on - it's pretty great.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
what kind of person goes to a symposium without getting kicked out…….it youre going to one you have to be passionate about the topic…….

and hence 'start ****' ;)
They do...they have these ridiculous arguments about who originated different patterns and techniques. People fall into camps of purist vs the practical.

Like those bright pink beads are largely looked down upon..."nothing in the water is that color" some will say. Others say "they catch fish". I just like the way they look.

I just did this one as a test fly...lots of mistakes in the wraps but it's really just a concept fly

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Like those bright pink beads are largely looked down upon..."nothing in the water is that color" some will say.
I've gone crabbing using chicken backs. If I were a crab, the first thing I would say is "Why is there a chicken down here?" However, it works well.

Reactions: Aethon

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
They do...they have these ridiculous arguments about who originated different patterns and techniques. People fall into camps of purist vs the practical.

Like those bright pink beads are largely looked down upon..."nothing in the water is that color" some will say. Others say "they catch fish". I just like the way they look.

I just did this one as a test fly...lots of mistakes in the wraps but it's really just a concept fly

nice.

glad to hear about such "arguments"

hope you had a blast

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
In today's world of instant gratification, anything sounding boring is sort of boss.
Most of the things I like are about process and continual improvement. I like things that require time and effort to be invested...and things that really never can be perfected but you try anyway :)

Reactions: VaxjoDevil

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I've gone crabbing using chicken backs. If I were a crab, the first thing I would say is "Why is there a chicken down here?" However, it works well.

Crabs are the equivalent of a rat. They'll eat anything. I've seen people use chicken scraps, hot dogs, literally anything.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Most of the things I like are about process and continual improvement. I like things that require time and effort to be invested...and things that really never can be perfected but you try anyway :)

i spent my free 3 hours today laminating a 12' beam with some PL premium and setting it in place (along with some extra shit….clean up, some booze, tending chucks……..)

all in all a solid saturday for actually going to wrap some house in tyvex for 5 hours at 8 am and still working for my self also before the day ended

Last edited:

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
confirmed in last week's snow disaster:

my daily driver will never not be a subaru.

i make pick-up trucks jelly in my slow little hatchback with a hidden exhaust. :cool:

Subaru's are great in the snow. I would not mind having one some day.

My BMW drives great too. I've had three beamer's and they've all been tanks in the snow. On Thursday I had a pick up truck in front of me get stuck on a small hill. My little beamer went right by him like it was nothing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->