OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I worked for 10 hours yesterday and fished for 3 hours...A good life would be the exact opposite. :(
Well you're still a swell fella, And with that compliment you can add another 8 hours of fishing.

You know, because you were fishing for a compliment

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Plan to split California into 3 states makes it onto November's CA ballot. lol

Radical plan to split California into three states earns spot on November ballot

EDIT: Not really sure why paper calls this a "radical" plan. If it called for leaving America & becoming its' own nation, that I'd call radical, this isnt really "radical" at all IMO.

People have tried to split Cali up over 100 times since its been a state.

I just want to know which investors this venture capitalist is embezzling money from to fund this pet project

Reactions: Darkauron

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
There's actually some pretty solid reasoning on why splitting up California makes a lot of sense. I was listening to a podcast recently that discussed the idea.

The biggest point, to me, boiled down to the fact that each state only gets two Senators. So Californians (Approx. 39 million people from a quick Google search; most populated state in the country) are extremely underrepresented in the Senate compared to, say, Wyomingtonians (Approx. 600,000 people; least populated state in the country).

You can go a lot deeper with that reasoning, but then you start wading into political discussion, which is prohibido.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Plan to split California into 3 states makes it onto November's CA ballot. lol

Radical plan to split California into three states earns spot on November ballot

EDIT: Not really sure why paper calls this a "radical" plan. If it called for leaving America & becoming its' own nation, that I'd call radical, this isnt really "radical" at all IMO.
That's pretty freaking radical.

The secession thing is passe at this point. I'm always hearing about states wanting to form their own country. Or at least groups petitioning for their state to secede.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Reactions: BenedictGomez

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
There's actually some pretty solid reasoning on why splitting up California makes a lot of sense. I was listening to a podcast recently that discussed the idea.

The biggest point, to me, boiled down to the fact that each state only gets two Senators. So Californians (Approx. 39 million people from a quick Google search; most populated state in the country) are extremely underrepresented in the Senate compared to, say, Wyomingtonians (Approx. 600,000 people; least populated state in the country).

You can go a lot deeper with that reasoning, but then you start wading into political discussion, which is prohibido.

The three need each other to ensure that the state has a diversified economy or else you're Oklahoma: Corn and Oil

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012

For those of us who will never get deep inside a big ole barrel at Fiji.

Sweet! Do you surf? I’m doing two weeks on Oahu for honeymoon in September/October. Been there once before and loved it. Hopefully I get a chance to surf tomorrow. I was in Rio De Janeiro on business last week and surfed there for a couple hours. It was pretty fun!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Sweet! Do you surf? I’m doing two weeks on Oahu for honeymoon in September/October. Been there once before and loved it. Hopefully I get a chance to surf tomorrow. I was in Rio De Janeiro on business last week and surfed there for a couple hours. It was pretty fun!

Subtle brag is subtle

:laugh:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Negative, tried a bunch of times but could never quite figure it out. The most frustrating thing in my life.

My GF's friend somewhat recently bought a house on the north shore, so if we ever go and visit I might give it another go. Of coarse I'd hike over to the south shore where the waves are small and go on for ever.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

1970's north shore.

The first tune I never heard of, and while the lyrics early are a little iffy, it's a really good jam overall. Kahvas Jute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad