GDT: The Take Home Ice Advantage Game|CBJ@Bruins|Game 2 Series 2|4-26-19|8:00 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
One of the big things I am enjoying is to here the national NBC guys talking about the two "evenly matched teams". Of course it is true. But to hear national commentators recognize how good the Jackets are is very special.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd rather put the best players out there than try to satisfy every player's ego.
Panarin, Jones and Werenski can play every other shift and that's fine.
What does rolling 4 lines do?

It has nothing to do with satisfying egos. I'm not a doctor but by the time we're into the second OT there are real physical limits at play, whether that's guys not getting enough oxygen transported to their cells or lactic acid build-up I don't know. Our worst, most mistake-prone player is still going to be better than someone who is tired. Yes, the Jackets got the bounce tonight. I still say rolling three lines against a team that rolls four feels pretty dumb to me. Torts needs to mix guys up and play all 4 lines. Obviously he won't play a line like Texier - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand, so put those guys on different lines.

Our guys shouldn’t look gassed, but being nervous uses so much energy. I think that’s what we’re seeing, unfortunately.

When do players not look gassed after playing that much? Isn't this what we see in every game that goes this late?

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
It has nothing to do with satisfying egos. I'm not a doctor but by the time we're into the second OT there are real physical limits at play, whether that's guys not getting enough oxygen transported to their cells or lactic acid build-up I don't know. I'm not so much worried about the three players you mentioned, but in general our worst, most mistake-prone player is still going to be better than someone who is tired. The Jackets got the bounce tonight, but rolling three lines against a team that rolls four feels pretty dumb to me. Torts needs to mix guys up and play all 4 lines. Obviously he won't play a line like Texier - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand, so put those guys on different lines.

When do players not look gassed after playing that much? Isn't this what we see in every game that goes this late?
Man... I'm one of the few that read your Olympic posts...

In a few words a blind man can see.... The B's were gassed and the Jackets were not.... The Blue Jackets are going to kick the Broons ass!!!!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
031A6D7B-CAB6-4D85-9A2C-42EF4361C272.jpeg
guys, I've been drinking and stuff so naturally I ventured to a random teams' board (toronto, in this case) and...... WUT?!? :laugh:

Reactions: GoJackets1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad