GDT: The Take Home Ice Advantage Game|CBJ@Bruins|Game 2 Series 2|4-26-19|8:00 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Dubi gets under the Bruins fans skins thats kind a nasty. Well if someone deserves a game winning goal at Nationwide its #17

Reactions: LoveCBJ and CPTN71

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
When you’re using words like profoundly and still spelling it correctly you’re not even close to the verge :laugh:

And I learned a new word. :nod:

EDIT: I knew that word. :oops:. Turns out I'm on the verge of senility as my CRS disease worsens. Yikes. Full disclosure I hadn't even finished my first cup of coffee when I read Moe's post and my mind went huh?

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Remember when someone (bus?) was pushing Coyle as a TDL target and was pretty much pooh-poohed? Too bad we didn't get him. Duchene-PLD-Coyle would have made a pretty damn good top 3. And we'd be up 2-0 in the series. :laugh:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Way to go boys, big win in Beantown - needed that for many reasons, but it's great to get some momentum coming back to Nationwide, where the 5th line will be INSANE.
I can already hear the chants....will anybody be sitting down at anytime during the game!?

Bob was...well, he was Bobrovsky. Exactly what a team needs when playing at this time of year.

The player that impressed me the least was Atkinson - seemed to hesitate on plays, and he's not shooting like he should be. Hope he gets out of this funk soon.

Just read through this thread and you will get plenty of funny takes on players.

Yes, it's funny to go back and read through a thread after a game and see some of the non-sensical comments. If some HF posters were coaches/GM's, some players would be traded mid-game.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Great job by the Jackets!! Home ice advantage now guys!! The only thing better than the Leafs losing, is when the Pooh Bears lose!!!

Best of luck the rest of the series!!!

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I could not believe that the NBC guys, when we had the puck on the delayed penalty, in 2OT, were talking about the possibility of us scoring an own goal.

I mean, why not at least fake being unbiased? That was disgusting.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I could not believe that the NBC guys, when we had the puck on the delayed penalty, in 2OT, were talking about the possibility of us scoring an own goal.

I'm gonna say the same thing I told my friends last night. We're going up against the same core that won a cup and have been pretty much perennial playoff team for nearly a decade.

We're not going to get ANY respect in this league until we earn it. Yeah sure teams and analysts know we're tough to play against. But we've never truly been a threat. This year looks to be different. But we have to put our money where our mouth is and back it up with a ECF / SCF run or two.

* Upon further review Boston has missed the playoffs 7 times since 1967....

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
I'm with those who were disgusted with the kind of "hockey" on display in the first period. Actually had to walk away from watching for a bit after watching the scrum at the end of the first, then came back in the middle of the 2nd. Once the CBJ realized they were chasing after hits rather than creating opportunities for themselves, the complexion of the game settled into something much more recognizable as hockey.

I'm always embarrassed for people who resort to "the refs are winning this one for (x)." The quality of officiating--or lack thereof--is a lot like the weather. There is nothing to be done about it except adapt and play on. Certainly officiating (and the weather) can have more of an influence than you'd like, but saying they're working specifically against your team is simply unseemly--and makes one very vulnerable to those who want to rub it in your face.

Should be rocking in the Nat on Tuesday and I'll be there. I think our home crowd (in the playoffs) challenges the notion that home ice advantage is a myth.

And those thinking of booing every time The Rat touches the puck: The only observable effect I've ever noticed as a result of this behavior is enhanced performance from the player in question.

C-B-J!!

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Call me out.... beat me..... I'm thinking we should keep Bob... Dude is Vezina...

If he was younger and wanted less money? Sure. At his age and with what he wants? No thank you! Also, part of me wonders if his strong play is because he knows this is his last playoffs with Columbus.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
JP got plenty of cash......I’m down

It has nothing to do with how much cash he has. There is a salary cap in the NHL. It is about the best way to manage the team going forward. We have too many players to pay to give Bob the money and years he wants.

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
D5NovALW0AAoFxY.jpg
New windows wallpaper. Thank you!

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

They knew it was the only chance their team could win. They were desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad