GDT: The Take Home Ice Advantage Game|CBJ@Bruins|Game 2 Series 2|4-26-19|8:00 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Please Torts do not turtle on us now.. let the four lines play.. Texier and Bjork will make positive plays like they did vs., the Bolts. The time for safe play may be in our future when we have a talent advantage, right now we need to be fearless.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Remember when someone (bus?) was pushing Coyle as a TDL target and was pretty much pooh-poohed? Too bad we didn't get him. Duchene-PLD-Coyle would have made a pretty damn good top 3. And we'd be up 2-0 in the series. :laugh:

Not many people were against it, but, I know it was just me and a few others who were pushing to acquire him.
I think Coyle was a @Viqsi guy.

----------
-Coyle would be an AWESOME add. Can play center or wing. Can pass and score. Big enough to play a role around the net on the PP. Plays a pretty responsible and "heavy" game. I wonder what the price would be. Would be cheaper than ROR, but would be more of a 1(a)/1(b) type situation with Dubois instead of a "true #1" like ROR. Cap hit is VERY low for the next 2 years, then he will be looking for a pretty big (2+ mil, imo) raise.

- 1) Coyle 2) Nash 3) O' Reilly 4)Stastny?---ROR would be the biggest move but that's also the drawback. The price.​
thebus88, Jun 6, 2018

I keep circling back to Coyle. I am personally a huge fan, but he also seems like a great fit. Possible "discounted" price for what we COULD get.​
thebus88, Jun 25, 2018

Coyle would be an awesome add for Milano+. He's also still got room for "growth". He's a guy that would flourish with more opportunity and responsibilities. You cant acquire good players by NOT trading young players with supposed potential to BE good players, or OTHER good players.

ROR is the answer. Its going to be an interesting next few days.​
thebus88, Jun 30, 2018

With that said.

Coyle, Dzingel, Zuccarello, Duchene, Tarasenko, ROR, Rick Nash, McQuaid

Is the new list.

I would love ROR/Tarasenko/Duchene, but DO question what the return would be, both as a rental or long term solution.

I believe Dzingel or Zuccarello seem to be the more probable options.

Coyle is who I believe would be the best target. In regards to how much he would cost, along with HIS potential, and THE potential he would re-sign after his remaining 1.5 years left.​
thebus88, Jan 7, 2019

Coyle for Wennberg +​
thebus88, Jan 17, 2019

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I could not believe that the NBC guys, when we had the puck on the delayed penalty, in 2OT, were talking about the possibility of us scoring an own goal.

I mean, why not at least fake being unbiased? That was disgusting.

What about when they *almost* forgot to pick/predict an OT scorer for the Bluejackets (directly after doing so for the Bruins) before going to commercial before I believe the 1st OT?

Among other things.

Reactions: LoveCBJ

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Glad Torts/Shaw/Larsen listened to me.

Seth got ALL the "looks" on the PP, and the difference showed. Him and Panarin REALLY DO have legit "chemistry" and their games mesh very well together. Bittersweet now that I really think about it.

Jones has been on PP1 all post season

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
What about when they *almost* forgot to pick/predict an OT scorer for the Bluejackets (directly after doing so for the Bruins) before going to commercial before I believe the 1st OT?

Among other things.
Maybe NBC is pro Boston and CBC is pro Columbus?? I think one guy predicted Panarin for the hatty saying the way he was playing, felt like he would score the winner (although he was the only one who made a prediction and it wasn't choose one player from each team). Don Cherry said the only way Boston wins was if it was an accidental goal. Said Bobrovsky was locked in. And I missed it but apparently Hrudey said 2nd ot would be short due to fatigue. Although not sure if he meant for either team or if he said Columbus would win.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Please Torts do not turtle on us now.. let the four lines play.. Texier and Bjork will make positive plays like they did vs., the Bolts. The time for safe play may be in our future when we have a talent advantage, right now we need to be fearless.

Maybe torts and jarmo need to talk over Texier. If he plays 10 games he becomes exposed for Seattle expansion draft. He’s at 8 games now.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Maybe torts and jarmo need to talk over Texier. If he plays 10 games he becomes exposed for Seattle expansion draft. He’s at 8 games now.
Honestly, the team is trying to win a Stanley cup right now. The possibility he gets exposed to Seattle 2 years from now should be the least of their concerns.

I want the best players on the ice that help them win now. If he is part of that, I’ll deal with the situation 2 years from now. In no way do I want him sitting “just because” of a situation 2 years from now if he can help them right now.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Honestly, the team is trying to win a Stanley cup right now. The possibility he gets exposed to Seattle 2 years from now should be the least of their concerns.

I want the best players on the ice that help them win now. If he is part of that, I’ll deal with the situation 2 years from now. In no way do I want him sitting “just because” of a situation 2 years from now if he can help them right now.

So 10 minutes of ice time works for you?

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
Maybe NBC is pro Boston and CBC is pro Columbus?? I think one guy predicted Panarin for the hatty saying the way he was playing, felt like he would score the winner (although he was the only one who made a prediction and it wasn't choose one player from each team). Don Cherry said the only way Boston wins was if it was an accidental goal. Said Bobrovsky was locked in. And I missed it but apparently Hrudey said 2nd ot would be short due to fatigue. Although not sure if he meant for either team or if he said Columbus would win.
I believe it was Friedman who predicted Panarin would score the game-winner.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
That hits on the point. If he were measurably better you have to play him. But if there’s only a marginal or maybe no difference keeping him under ten may be wise. I tend to think Dzingel needs to draw in.

Yeah. That was where I was headed. If he only draws 10 minutes of 85 minute game it might be worth a discussion between the two

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think protecting Tex will be that big of a deal. Foligno's deal is done then and if we want to re-sign him do it after the expansion draft. Then we protect Jenner-Cam-Andy-Duchene-PLD-Bjork & Tex. Only problem will be in Bread re-ups or we land another top UFA. Then a decision will have to be made.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So 10 minutes of ice time works for you?
If it gets us a stanley cup and he is one of the best people on the ice. Jarmo went all in for a reason. You don't go all in and then change your mind and only go partially in. I'm not going to sit the guy because he had one poor game because of what might happen 2 years from now. Maybe he doesn't match well against Boston right now but what about NYI/CAR in the next round?

If he deserves to be protected he will be protected and if anyone has figured out how to do a quantum time jump to predict our roster in 2 whole seasons they can feel free to step up and say something. We all thought Korpisalo and Anderson had to be protected at all costs and Karlsson was expendable. How many people want to go back and do that decision over again?

Last edited:

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
If it gets us a stanley cup and he is one of the best people on the ice. Jarmo went all in for a reason. You don't go all in and then change your mind and only go partially in. I'm not going to sit the guy because he had one poor game because os what might happen 2 years from now. Maybe he doesn't match well against Boston right now but what about NYI/CAR in the next round?

If he deserves to be protected he will be protected and if anyone has figured out how to do a quantum time jump to predict our roster in 2 whole seasons they can feel free to step up and say something. We all thought Korpisalo and Anderson had to be protected at all costs and Karlsson was expendable. How many people want to go back and do that decision over again?
How many times can I like this post? Outstanding and spot on

Many on this board wanted to protect Wennberg as well. Give me Karlsson over Wennberg any day of the week and twice and Sunday

The task at hand is to play your best players to win a Cup NOW.
You worry about two years from now two seasons from now, not now. There can be trades, buy outs, retirements, who knows what can happen, take care of today and worry about tomorrow down the road, because many times tomorrow never comes

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
It should be taken into consideration if Torts thinks Tex and Dzingel (and Wennberg) are basically equal. If that’s the case, then the expansion factor should be a “tiebreaker”.

I’m not sure Boston is the best matchup for Texier given where he’s at right now. I think he could be more useful if we continue advancing.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Many on this board wanted to protect Wennberg as well. Give me Karlsson over Wennberg any day of the week and twice and Sunday

You worry about two years from now two seasons from now, not now. There can be trades, buy outs, retirements, who knows what can happen, take care of today and worry about tomorrow down the road, because many times tomorrow never comes

I think that is my biggest point about living for the moment. We are closer than we've ever been and have a legitimate shot where anything can happen. Not to take away from the other teams out there but I really think the winner of this series becomes the favorite to win the cup. We may not get this chance again for a long time. Just ask the fans of the Blues and the Maple Leafs who are going over over 50 years of not winning a cup.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If it gets us a stanley cup and he is one of the best people on the ice. Jarmo went all in for a reason. You don't go all in and then change your mind and only go partially in. I'm not going to sit the guy because he had one poor game because of what might happen 2 years from now. Maybe he doesn't match well against Boston right now but what about NYI/CAR in the next round?

So is your assertion that in his 8 NHL games you've concluded Texier is a better player than Dzingel at this stage of their careers?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So is your assertion that in his 8 NHL games you've concluded Texier is a better player than Dzingel at this stage of their careers?
If you look at both of their play over the last 8 games. There could be a case for that.

Look at the stats in the playoffs. People can trash Texier because Torts stapled him to the bench last night but nobody was saying he should be stapled to the bench with how he played against Tampa and scored the crucial first goal in game 4. I'm pointing out again that we are talking about performance here, now, today to win playoff games. Dzingel's longer and more established career should have no impact on who is better for this team this week. As I said, maybe Texier doesn't match up well against Boston. Lately Dzingel hasn't matched up well against anybody. I think there is a case that Dzingel doesn't match up well against Boston either since he has a reputation as a bit of a perimeter player.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

At the time of the expansion draft no one in their right mind would've protected Karlsson over Wennberg unless they had future sight. Remember that Karlsson came to Columbus as part of the Rene Bourque cap dump, Wennberg had just broken out with 56 points, and Karlsson had followed up his 20 points rookie season with 25 later - he legitimately looked like a lower-pedigree Wennberg at the time. Perfect example where hindsight is 20/20.

I get your overall point, but "many wanted to protect Wennberg" is an understatement. It was a given he wouldn't be up for grabs.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Texier just made bad turnover and Torts was sending a message. The problem becomes real if he makes another similar turnover. Texier is a big time player and he will bounce back. Dzingel looked absolutely lost in the first series, he didn't make Duchene look good either.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If you look at both of their play over the last 8 games. There could be a case for that.

Look at the stats in the playoffs. People can trash Texier because Torts stapled him to the bench last night but nobody was saying he should be stapled to the bench with how he played against Tampa and scored the crucial first goal in game 4. I'm pointing out again that we are talking about performance here, now, today to win playoff games. Dzingel's longer and more established career should have no impact on who is better for this team this week. As I said, maybe Texier doesn't match up well against Boston. Lately Dzingel hasn't matched up well against anybody. I think there is a case that Dzingel doesn't match up well against Boston either since he has a reputation as a bit of a perimeter player.

Like his 3 pts in 20 career playoff games?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Like his 3 pts in 20 career playoff games?
Quite a fair point to bring up for those who think that Dzingel should be playing over Texier so his status gets protected for an expansion draft. Texier has 3 points in 6 playoff games for comparison. Texier has also shown he can be defensively responsible as he was given ice time late in close games against Tampa. He is struggling a bit and made a mistake against the Boston style but it goes to show that we don't necessarily have a better option. He's shown so far that he is extremely coachable so I'm sure he took it as a lesson and learned from it.

Reactions: Fred Glover
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad