GDT: The Take Home Ice Advantage Game|CBJ@Bruins|Game 2 Series 2|4-26-19|8:00 NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I lacked a simple rabbit ear antenna to watch the game last night (will be rectified this weekend). Had to go out to a sports bar and I was pretty much the only cat there for CBJ. In any case, I feel I livened things up on the OT score since I couldn't contain myself (I'm usually pretty shy about being loud around people I don't know).

Was so proud that this team could compete. A portion of our lineup has been halted by Boston but if we can force our play and get more people on board we can push this to our favor.
Can't wait for Tuesday!!!

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
99AD58FE-C11F-49AA-9DC0-361D8EB94BB0.jpeg

Proper beverage container used during Game #2 last evening.

Proper result achieved. {I told you I wouldn’t let it happen again}.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
And I learned a new word. :nod:

EDIT: I knew that word. :oops:. Turns out I'm on the verge of senility as my CRS disease worsens. Yikes. Full disclosure I hadn't even finished my first cup of coffee when I read Moe's post and my mind went huh?
Oh, so I'm the one who gets to learn some new slang - CRS. I hate it when I have to look things up. :D

Reactions: EspenK

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Remember when someone (bus?) was pushing Coyle as a TDL target and was pretty much pooh-poohed? Too bad we didn't get him. Duchene-PLD-Coyle would have made a pretty damn good top 3. And we'd be up 2-0 in the series. :laugh:
I think Coyle was a @Viqsi guy.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Torts needs to get back to rolling four lines - the advantage the Jackets had going into the series will be wasted if we only roll three to Boston's four. If that means benching Texier in favor of Dzingel, so be it.
Agree the four lines are important. Returning to NWA should be helpful as Torts should get to dictate matchups. If Dzingel comes in for Tex but is lined up with Wennberg and Bjork, that combo still has the same vulnerability - especially during these WWE non hockey stretches like in period one. Probably Foligno and Dzingel would need to flip.

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
I lacked a simple rabbit ear antenna to watch the game last night (will be rectified this weekend). Had to go out to a sports bar and I was pretty much the only cat there for CBJ. In any case, I feel I livened things up on the OT score since I couldn't contain myself (I'm usually pretty shy about being loud around people I don't know).

Was so proud that this team could compete. A portion of our lineup has been halted by Boston but if we can force our play and get more people on board we can push this to our favor.
Can't wait for Tuesday!!!
Can't go wrong with a set.. Make sure you get some good ones. Great when power is out for weeks and running things on generators.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I've got to think that Bob has increased his next contract value by around $10 million with his playoff performance independent of what happens going forward.

He's answered the only pressing question about him.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I've got to think that Bob has increased his next contract value by around $10 million with his playoff performance independent of what happens going forward.

He's answered the only pressing question about him.

Makes me sad this is the one time we'll see him play at this level in the post-season in a Jackets sweater, but I was in the "let Bob walk because he's a choker" boat so... it's a treat either way.

Reactions: Toe Pick

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
From just general Hockey talk (not talking heads), mostly friends and family that root for other teams there is a rising interest in the Columbus Blue Jackets that began after game two in Tampa. About that time people definitely wanted the underdog.. they had incorrectly assumed that TB was on their way to the SCF. Then the style of play and the can of whoop ass they put on the Bolts seemed to heighten interest even further. Is it the same as the LVK got last year and this year.. I don't know but it seems like Columbus now has the attention of the hockey world. Those that will be in attendance on Tuesday should keep this in mind.. the eyes of the Hockey world are upon us.. we may not be able to do anything about the perception with Bread and Bob.. but the young future hockey stars will be paying attention. Columbus.. this is your time in the spotlight.. TURN UP THE VOLUME!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Toe Pick

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Other than being a smoother stickhandler and his quicker release on his wrist/snap shot, Werenski isn't better than Jones offensively or on the PP in ANY way. The accuracy of Jones wrist shot, and his (imo) much better slap shot (imo) 'trumps' the things Werenski does better. Jones' passing and "offensive awareness" is also (imo) quite a bit better and he seems to have some moments with Panarin, where their skill and chemistry just "clicks". There's no reason that Werenski should be playing on the #1PP if he and Jones are going to have nearly the same TOI numbers or god forbid Werenski actually plays more.

Glad Torts/Shaw/Larsen listened to me.

Seth got ALL the "looks" on the PP, and the difference showed. Him and Panarin REALLY DO have legit "chemistry" and their games mesh very well together. Bittersweet now that I really think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad