TV: The Strain Premiere. Is Any One Excited?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Dutch is still a bad ass and Zach's actor just keeps getting worse. I really would like to see the Stranger Things kids' reaction to his "acting".

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
The action sequences are getting better. I like how even common strigoi are really fast and dangerous now, no more slow moving, clumsy vamps. I learned long ago to just deal with the Zach acting, its not going away or getting better, I just don't let it ruin the show for me. This show is certainly fun, I have a feeling Quinlan is going to get owned by the master.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Forgot about Augustin, going back an episode.
Wonder if his role will be expanded, or stay in the background this season.
Also wonder if main cast will get back together or if they'll all have separate but somewhat intertwined paths? IE Dutch, Eph, Vasiliy, Abe, Augustin and Quinlan all join one another.

TomPlex

Jan 24, 2006
www.dermamode.com
I just keep watching. No rhyme or reason as to why I watch, but i just keep doing it.
giphy.gif

Same here

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I loved the first season. It's been rough watching after that. It hasn't been...BAD I suppose. Just not awesome.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
In all honesty it should have only been 1 season or a miniseries. Nothing has ****ing happened at all really since the end of season 1.

If it was based on one book, then I'd agree. Adapting a trilogy of books into 10-13 episodes probably isn't feasible though.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I've actually really enjoyed this series, and this season has been a lot of fun. It has its annoying parts, but for the most part, its been a fun ride, I unironically enjoy this show.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Interesting, I haven't read them but I've seen comments elsewhere that say there are some events from book 3 in this season.

Strictly speculative as I haven't read the books either, but Zach is supposed to play a much bigger part. And I can read a mean wikipedia:

[spoil]The Master's big plan is to stage a massive nuclear war, creating nuclear winter as the sun is obscured by all the artificial cloud coverage. Then, the strigoi can emerge and stage their own revolution to subjugate humanity. Those big buildings Eldritch Palmer is making with the Master? Those are to be holding pens for the human cattle. The strigoi will rule all, humans are reduced to human McNuggets, and they're pretty depressing book by all accounts. They go on for a while.[/spoil]

There'd have to be a lot more buildup for that stuff to happen over another single season.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I thought the most recent episode was pretty damn good. One of the best I've seen since probably season 1.

[spoil]Was surprised to see Angel go. It seemed like he had cemented himself as a pretty core character in that thread. I guess someone has to go, and it doesn't really make sense right now to get rid of Gus.[/spoil]

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Yea this season has been better than season 2. Can't believe we are at the season finale next week.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Can't believe the entire police squad is now wiped out. I thought they'd save Faraldo. Not sure what they're going to do with Gus, I just wish they'd have him join with the main group.

I get the feeling the master is now in Kelly's body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad