TV: The Strain Premiere. Is Any One Excited?

member 151739

We gauge a show's potential based on making a GDT about it? :p:

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Yes, mostly because of GDT.

Really like pacific Rim and Hellboy.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
The first book was ok, the rest of the trilogy quite bad. I have a feeling though that it might translate well to the TV screen, so I will give it a shot.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Pacific Rim was utter and complete *********, and I'm tired of infectious diseases, zombies, and vampires.

That being said, I'm still going to give this a shot.

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
Anyone Watching The Strain?

Just watched the pilot. First episode was great in my opinion. Read the books and based on Del Toro's work, I think its going to be a great show.

If you've watched it, what do you think?

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Just watched the pilot. Seems like it will be a great show. Special effects were cheesy, but its about as much as you can expect considering its not a movie. I like the fact that its filmed in Toronto.

Need to see a bit more though, because as it stands now it looks as if its the CDC, old man, and the police vs the far superior vampires, thrulls, and I'm guessing Dracula. Not much of a fight if you ask me.

PLEASE WHOEVER HAS READ THE BOOKS DO NOT SPOIL IT FOR THE REST OF US.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Creepy or scary? Creepy I can handle, but scary stuff that you can't get off your mind isn't for me. Same with jump scares.

Creepy at best.

This could very well be the only episode that I end up watching (I never have the commitment to watch a full series), but it was decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad