TV: The Strain Premiere. Is Any One Excited?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Can't believe the entire police squad is now wiped out. I thought they'd save Faraldo. Not sure what they're going to do with Gus, I just wish they'd have him join with the main group.

I get the feeling the master is now in Kelly's body.

Not to get too into it, but I find it hard to believe in a situation like this, the National Guard would ever just pull out and leave/have no outside help from the other states. I digress.

I agree about Gus, his storyline this season has been forgettable.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Not to get too into it, but I find it hard to believe in a situation like this, the National Guard would ever just pull out and leave/have no outside help from the other states. I digress.

I agree about Gus, his storyline this season has been forgettable.

Haha, its a fun show, but you can't think too much about what they do or don't do because it all starts to unravel. The characters and their actions all serve the plot, its just that type of show.

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
In all honesty it should have only been 1 season or a miniseries. Nothing has ****ing happened at all really since the end of season 1.

Thats so true.

Here is a simple summary, don't need to watch...

1. Vampires show up
2. People in shock, how do we deal with them?
3. Old vampire hunter researches old book about vampires, looking for a solution.
4. Humans don't know how to deal with them so slowly lose battle.

Thats basically 3 seasons right there...

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Thats so true.

Here is a simple summary, don't need to watch...

1. Vampires show up
2. People in shock, how do we deal with them?
3. Old vampire hunter researches old book about vampires, looking for a solution.
4. Humans don't know how to deal with them so slowly lose battle.

Thats basically 3 seasons right there...

5. Eph is a player.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Just when you thought the kid could not get any more annoying.

The third book is called The Night Eternal, that should give you an idea of the direction things are heading.

I should also add that what happened at the end of the episode makes no sense in regards to what the third book is about. So I have no clue where the story is headed now.

Last edited:

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
What the **** was that? I hate this show. **** Zach.

LOL, that was hilariously cringeworthy. It seems like the writers were reading the internet and realized everyone hated Zach already so they made him the ultimate ********* kid. Seriously, why would any kid choose their strigoi mom over their dad trying to save the world.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
LOL, that was hilariously cringeworthy. It seems like the writers were reading the internet and realized everyone hated Zach already so they made him the ultimate ********* kid. Seriously, why would any kid choose their strigoi mom over their dad trying to save the world.

That's what I'm saying. The way they chose to end it has no basis on the actual story line from the book. And the kid being as dumb as he is had no idea where the bomb was even located. He could have killed himself and his dad for all he knew.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
That's what I'm saying. The way they chose to end it has no basis on the actual story line from the book. And the kid being as dumb as he is had no idea where the bomb was even located. He could have killed himself and his dad for all he knew.
I don't think he cared, he chose a creature masquarading as his mom and some creepy german guy he just met over his dad. I still don't get why he's so angry at his dad, enough to detonate a nuclear bomb...lol, that will show him for trying to save the world! Seriously, the writers had to be like, Zach's a lost cause, let's make him as unlikeable as any kid the history of television. How far can we push this? Its been absurd haha.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Actually up to that absurd bomb thing, I was enjoying this season. It was way better than prior season in my opinion. I didn't like that ending one bit but did enjoy the master's new body, I thought that was quite appropriate and kind of funny.

I don't think the Zack bombing thing ruined the show for me but it certainly didn't help, it was actually ****ing ridiculous. They were telling a decent story albeit a bit different from the books. The show runners specifically said they were not going to follow the books, now I have zero idea where they are headed as the books had a pretty good and specific template. The Zack bombing juggles things around in a more stupid random way that had nothing to do with the masters plan, unless he knew that Zack would save him, which is getting more and more **tarded now that I think about it. lol

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
lol

Alright so.........the good guys miraculously survive a nuclear bomb explosion at close proximity, by ducking behind a tiny wall? This is just bananas.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
As someone who just watches the TV series, Zach in season 1 was a kind kid.
Especially when he wanted to help that older lady IIRC.

In that "fight" with the master, he claims Zach has a dark heart.
Just struck me as odd, as the direction the writers has taken him from S1 to S2/3 has been bizarre to me.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
As decent as I thought the episode before this was, this recent episode was just bad.

I actually really found myself enjoying the episode up until the last 10 minutes or so. Ugh.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Zach is just next-level stupid. :laugh:

The show is more just low-level entertainment for me anyway, so I'm not exactly angry about that ending.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Season 4 ( also the final season ) starts this Sunday.

the-strain.jpg

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Going to give it a 2-3 episode run. If it sucks I'll just skip the episodes till the finale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad