The stock market thread Part II (The GME Phenomenom)

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
is this the main stock thread now that the covid forum closed?

Holding a good bit of my net worth in cash and my home equity (house fully paid off),waiting for the inevitable drop

Expecting a series of 75-150 basis point rate hikes until inflation gets under control based upon the fed's statements

150 basis point raise at once would be insane

Sep 19, 2008
The Euro just hit a 20 year low, making it virtually impossible for our companies and businesses to fairly compete. It was manipulated down - Watch how well they will do against the U.S. Yes, very Counterintuitive. This is not good news!

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
is this the main stock thread now that the covid forum closed?

Holding a good bit of my net worth in cash and my home equity (house fully paid off),waiting for the inevitable drop

Expecting a series of 75-150 basis point rate hikes until inflation gets under control based upon the fed's statements

God help us all...

Reactions: RayP

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Bank of Canada rises rates 100 basis points. Now the Fed July meeting may result in the same hike. Inflation and high interest rates don't seem like a great combination with so many living pay cheque to pay cheque prior to inflation. The only positive is the potential cooling of the housing market.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Maybe there's hope that purchases made now will be in the green by the end of the year.

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Some big earnings next week, like Tesla on Wednesday. Although I guess most people expect lower numbers, maybe guidance can keep things floating.

- as for the title, I saw gme’s nft marketplace in beta already put coinbases to shame in a few days. One music creator was saying he made more in a few days then he would in a over a year or two from Spotify streams.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Any regulars still here? Haven’t been around in a long time. Still in Riot, Rsi and Dkng. Sold everything else last year! The market gonna bounce back second half of the year? Is this the bottom cause I want to add.

Reactions: Club

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Hopefully, doubtful, but you never know. Another bear market rally? Also a lot of earnings risk over the next few weeks if you invest in individual companies.

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
And Tesla sold 75% of their bitcoin. Was it to make some figures look better during earnings?

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I can't find the tweet that had the breakdown but it was something like they bought 41,000 Bitcoins for 32k per BTC, sold 10% around 62k per BTC, then sold 75% (or sold 65% of their original purchase so that 75% of their original purchase has been sold) for around 29k.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZDH

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

So maybe a recession isn't priced in to the market? Overreaction? Well it is an overreaction if it's for one year however the probably recession and economic uncertainty may last longer and drag down '23 or other future year profits as well. Target and Amazon among the companies with drops after hours due to their similarities to WMT.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

So maybe a recession isn't priced in to the market? Overreaction? Well it is an overreaction if it's for one year however the probably recession and economic uncertainty may last longer and drag down '23 or other future year profits as well. Target and Amazon among the companies with drops after hours due to their similarities to WMT.

The recession is absolutely not priced in yet. So many morons believing the government when they say we arent going into one :laugh:. They will all run to sell at the end of the week.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Gonna be weird if the price of oil suddenly drops to 45-50 bucks, and everyone has already jacked up their prices due to oil.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
With all the oil company quarterly reports coming up it could be a smart time for some short term investing given most of these companies are expected to beat expectations quite nicely. Get in on the run up and sell right before the report.

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Market pumped today on small rate increase. Do we see profit taking tomorrow? Fb down after earnings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad