The stock market thread Part II (The GME Phenomenom)

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Bbby calls did great today. Gme calls last week, not so much.

I think market drops over next month or two but I’ve been wrong before.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Decided to start dinking around with day trading stocks again (with a very small amount of money, more just for fun and gambling. Completely separate from my long investment portfolio.) Got into AVCT and PRTY because they're being pumped by the internet now.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Fed now saying rates may have to go to real positive levels.

Other fed presidents are saying rates heading above 4 and will remain there all next year

we are going back to a normal rate environment, if not a high rate environment

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
September is generally the worst month for stock performance at the best of times. I have zero expectations that the next four weeks will be enjoyable. If you are selective and generally quick in and out there is still money to be made in these choppy markets. Just don't risk too much in case it doesn't pan out, even if you have been on a hot streak.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Been getting back into flipping penny stocks for fun in my day trading brokerage account based off whatever reddit thinks will squeeze next.

I bought AVCT and sold half of it at a profit then held too long on the other half for a loss and came out just about even.

PRTY has been very good for me though. I cashed out about half already with a trailing stop loss that got triggered, but it's continued to go up since. It's the big meme stock of the month headed into Halloween. I'm only playing with like $50 at a time for now, so no big deal. Not getting rich or going bankrupt on it, it's just for fun (and if I get comfortable enough and can get a good routine going maybe I'll increase the amounts I gamble).

Just bought some AVYA, there's some buzz behind it because they installed a new CEO and such.

Meanwhile in my investment brokerage account, it's just long hodling of TSLA and BTC, with the intent to add some ETH to the mix as well.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Britain isn't really an economic force anymore but does anyone think the Queen's death will depress the market in the short term? State businesses are being shut down for ten days of mourning or something.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Britain isn't really an economic force anymore but does anyone think the Queen's death will depress the market in the short term? State businesses are being shut down for ten days of mourning or something.
Nah, energy prices will do the job though

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Getting into AVCT, rumors are that there's a buyout coming and could be a pump leading into that.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Also, the Dow is shitting itself thanks to the Fed.

I wonder if the White House is going to keep denying that it's a recession

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Anyone else going big into Amazon?

Today is three months away from Christmas and many people will be starting their Christmas shopping sooner than later. I’m thinking that more and more people will be shopping online because it is the most convenient and that is the way of future shopping.

Friday AMZN dropped 3.31%. The last week it is down 7.2%. Down 13.39% this past month.

I’m thinking that now is a great time to jump in. I know that September is pretty much always a down month but I’d rather try to catch a stock while down rather than waiting too long and buying it when it is already starting to go up.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Still holding this AVCT bag at an average cost of 36 cents. Volume is really high but the price has gone down a bit today (looks like some institutional pumping and dumping). People keep saying that they're going to announce the buyout before the 30th (they supposedly cancelled their board meeting for Friday and will announce something in place of it). Lots of rumors that Microsoft is buying it out and the price per share could be anywhere from $1.50 to $7. Holding on in case it hits, though it could just be a lot of nothing and drop massively. We'll see. It's just side money for gambling, not a serious investment that I'm banking my house on or anything.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

No, BUT... The UK may very shortly have some Lehman Brothers type events. The Law of Unintended Consequences may soon be upon us.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
With the hurricanes about to hit both America and Canada how do you think it will effect the stock market?

Any sectors that should take a hit or rise? What are you guys thinking?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Is Bear the good one or is it Bull? I keep forgetting...

My Best-Carey
Bears swipe down Bulls charge up.

Good is a matter of your time perspective. Bear market is bad for us all right now, my portfolio is losing a lot of money for the time being, but part of me is alright if it gives me a year to just add all my available money into stocks and crypto at low prices before it all goes to the moon.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
AVCT announced a reverse stock split in order to stay on the NASDAQ and had a massive selloff. Holding this bag. Doing some DD listening to different analysts to decide whether to close position and limit my losses or if it's still bullish for the eventual buyout.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bears swipe down Bulls charge up.

Good is a matter of your time perspective. Bear market is bad for us all right now, my portfolio is losing a lot of money for the time being, but part of me is alright if it gives me a year to just add all my available money into stocks and crypto at low prices before it all goes to the moon.
Feds called emergency meeting for tomorrow. Not sure what is going on

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
That guy on here who worshiped bitcoin was right about them only being able to raise rates so far before everything fell apart.

Seems no one has turned to bitcoin yet though so makes sense he disappeared ha ha

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The markets themselves aren't as bloody as I assumed, but TSLA missed its delivery targets so it's going down. And that means it's time to buy more TSLA on discount.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad