Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Pens Lead Series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I remember a public viewing during Soccer World Cup in Germany, where it was allowed to bring your couch. This is how it looked like:

af09.jpg

Hot damn!! Now that looks like a party. And kind of reminds me of the pre-game tailgate party we had for the AA championship's this winter. Only 3 couches showed up... but considering only 50 or so people where there, that's not too bad.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Im so nervous i can hardly work.
Cant imagine how ill feel if this goes the distance...

for the sake of my heart and mental health, PLEASE end this tonight...

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Im so nervous i can hardly work.
Cant imagine how ill feel if this goes the distance...

for the sake of my heart and mental health, PLEASE end this tonight...

Exactly how I feel.
Euro Pens fans are the most hardcore as we have to endure the struggles of 02.00am (02.30 really) start-times...:laugh:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Exactly how I feel.
Euro Pens fans are the most hardcore as we have to endure the struggles of 02.00am (02.30 really) start-times...:laugh:

Yeah. Gonna be a zombie tomorrow. But If we win, at least ill be a happy zombie :)

Sjoelbak

Oct 5, 2015
Leiden, Netherlands
Exactly how I feel.

Since I started a new job around the start of this season, I haven't found the time to watch as many games as I used to. Despite my job thinking about making an exception for tonight, though :nod:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
We better bring it tonight, cuz the Preds will be like a cornered animal. **** winning at home, finish it tonight. :laugh:

Absolutely no room for error or anything but the Pens' best. Finish your chances, make power plays count, and keep the pedal down all game. The Preds will be aggressive to the point where we can capitalize on that if we play properly.

Need the big guys to come up huge again. Time for Sid, Geno, Phil and Guentzel to shine once more.

Sidenote: I really hope Jake gets a goal tonight to break the records for goals and points by a rookie. That would be awesome.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
It's 722 in the morning and I'm nervous as ****...yea this is gonna be a long day.

Get it done, boys

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I remember a public viewing during Soccer World Cup in Germany, where it was allowed to bring your couch. This is how it looked like:

af09.jpg

When the big screen outside of the arena first came to be, fellow college kids used to bring couches to sit on.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
With these series being completely different we can end up with the same result as last year. 4-2 Pens.

If history repeats itself these playoffs tho, we lose tonight. Had to do things the hard way all playoffs. Seems like every time people on here were confident before a game
..we lost. And vice versa.

End that trend tonight. Would rather win on home ice finally, but itd be fun to watch them lift the cup in Nashville.

Booing every player...throwing catfish.. Chanting whoever is holding the cup at the time " sucks".

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
We better bring it tonight, cuz the Preds will be like a cornered animal. **** winning at home, finish it tonight. :laugh:

Absolutely no room for error or anything but the Pens' best. Finish your chances, make power plays count, and keep the pedal down all game. The Preds will be aggressive to the point where we can capitalize on that if we play properly.

Need the big guys to come up huge again. Time for Sid, Geno, Phil and Guentzel to shine once more.

Sidenote: I really hope Jake gets a goal tonight to break the records for goals and points by a rookie. That would be awesome.

I wonder if Nashville comes out flat. The narrative of no one loses at home seems to be so ubiquitous to have become almost a given in many minds. A dangerous mind set. I could see the Pens being the team coming out flying.

pensforlife

Jun 10, 2016
It's getting old hearing pens are lucky to be here and the only reason is because the goalies have meltdowns. Ok sure, every single elite goaltender pens play just happen to have their worst goaltending in the playoffs only when the pens play them, and only because the refs helped.

Pens are lucky
*insert whatever excuse so I can sleep* lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I wonder if Nashville comes out flat. The narrative of no one loses at home seems to be so ubiquitous to have become almost a given in many minds. A dangerous mind set. I could see the Pens being the team coming out flying.

We can only hope. :laugh:

I also think it's imperative that we punish their d-men on the forecheck again. Loved what I saw from Kunitz last game, more of that please.

Just grind 'em into paste.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I've actually wondered how Rinne will play today. On one hand, he's been pretty awesome in Nashville this year. On the other hand, he's obviously a mentally weak goalie based on his performances in Pittsburgh and tonight's an elimination game for the Stanley Cup. I wonder if playing in a high pressure elimination game overrides playing in Nashville and causes him to be at least mortal tonight.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
It's getting old hearing pens are lucky to be here and the only reason is because the goalies have meltdowns. Ok sure, every single elite goaltender pens play just happen to have their worst goaltending in the playoffs only when the pens play them, and only because the refs helped.

Pens are lucky
*insert whatever excuse so I can sleep* lol

Refs, injuries, opposition playing bad but none of it is the Penguins playing well. We are just on an unsustainable streak :laugh:

Sully is 7-0 in series results and is 30-17 (incl 5 OT losses). In terms of stretching that over a season it would be a 110 point year. **** we're good. :)

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I am still trying to figure out why Geno's ATOI is 16:27 in the finals. 8 guys ahead of him on the team. Hopefully he's conserved enough extra energy to use in Game 6 and 7 if needed.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Refs, injuries, opposition playing bad but none of it is the Penguins playing well. We are just on an unsustainable streak :laugh:

Sully is 7-0 in series results and is 30-17 (incl 5 OT losses). In terms of stretching that over a season it would be a 110 point year. **** we're good. :)

Anyone that is an actual NHL fan with a brain realizes that you don't luck into 16 playoff wins and 31 (and counting...) over 2 seasons.

I mean the Pens were the one's that had win Game 4 in Round 2 without Sid and prevent the series from being tied. They're the one's that found out minutes before Round 1 that they'd be without their #1 goalie for an extended period of time. They're the one's that have played without their #1 dman.

Just a bunch of whiners out there. I'm convinced they say all the things they do to ease the pain of the Pens winning. I saw Flyers fans talking about how the team is going to have to re-locate after the Sid-Geno era because some report of a scalper selling tix for below face value. I won't get too much into that, but with all the reports of crooked scalpers and the ability to buy tix last minute online, that's really not surprising. But that all goes back the "fan with a brain" thing.

Just have to laugh at them and the misery they put themselves through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad