TV: The Sopranos Discussion Thread

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Matt Servitto / Agent Harris has explains clearly how what ended up on the screen differed from the script. @2:44

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I always thought it was obvious.

When it aired originally I didn't. But after some thought it seemed pretty clear. The flashback to him and Bobby talking about death. I think at the end of the day Butch was playing Tony when he decided to settle their dispute in order to have the Soprano crew whack Phil, and always intended to kill Tony. That little meeting in the hospital where Butch says they got to stop meeting like this was foreshadowing to me that ultimately he would be the one to put Tony's murder into motion. Makes sense for Butch. As Phil's underboss, he's likely next in line for the throne of the Lupatazzi family, and his biggest rivals in Jersey are basically dismantled with only really Paulie remaining by the time it's all said and done. All with one stroke of the pen so to speak .

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If anyone's interested AJ and Meadow have a podcast where they (semi-frequently) have ex-stars on to discuss the dhow, it's pretty interesting:

Also AJ was on Joey Diaz's podcast to talk about his time on the Sopranos and what he did after that (xanax)

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
I blitzed thru all seasons again two months ago. Reaffirmed for me that nothing comes close to it.

I somehow forgot about the brawl Tony and Bobby had at the cabin. Yes they were both drunk and Bobby did take the first shot, but he certainly held his own, and I would say emerged victorious.

Also, Rosalie Aprile was super hot, and I dont care if no one agrees! :)

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
I wonder why we haven’t gotten a trailer for the movie yet? Isn’t it like two months away?

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I blitzed thru all seasons again two months ago. Reaffirmed for me that nothing comes close to it.

I somehow forgot about the brawl Tony and Bobby had at the cabin. Yes they were both drunk and Bobby did take the first shot, but he certainly held his own, and I would say emerged victorious.

Bobby beat his ass but Tony had muscle atrophy

Sep 19, 2008
as of right now March 12 2021.

Depending on who you want to believe. Some people are saying there were only small reshoots down in September 2020--othere are saying that there was a lot more
Joey Diaz should be pretty hilarious if he's in that movie

I can't wait to see him spew all the profanity. YOU MOTHERf***IN **** SUCKA MOTHER f***A

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT

Doesn't every game of monopoly with family end up the same?

Reactions: the squared circle

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

No, she was a dead ringer for my aunt in every possible way!

Reactions: the squared circle

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Roadies?!

That was a different episode...the one where Janice got arrested. Sopranos home movies is "under the boardwalk".

I am the Ultimate Sopranos expert, I have seen every episode dozens of times and know every bit of trivia or facts about the show. It truly is the best piece of "visual media" ever made and can never be topped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad