TV: The Sopranos Discussion Thread

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Reactions: CycloneLaunch

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I remember when the show wrapped the props person came around the offices with Ralphie's wig and Adriana's dog. We got to raid the prop liquor cage at the Bing. The set dec team had so many awful glassware sets, ugly paintings, and old tacky home decoration pieces they advertised on the radio just to give them away. :laugh:

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
I was actually just thinking about the end of the Sopranos recently, and I realized something.

The hit on Tony had to have been sanctioned by whoever was left to run the family in Jersey; he was shot in front of his family the way Phil Leotardo was. That can't have been a coincidence. It was straight-up one for one to end the war. You got Phil. You want lasting peace? Tony goes out like him. Only then will vendetta be satisfied and we can put bad blood behind us and move on. That speaks more to Paulie. He was the ranking captain left, he had seniority, we'd seen him try to cozy up to NY before, and of course he was a big ball of personal grievances. Had to have been him in on it.

I can't believe I never realized that before.
AFter seeing it last night the NY mafia probably oredered the hit to retaliate for Phil's demise

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
“Well, tomorrow I can be on time, but you’ll be stupid forever.”

How many times has everyone watched the series? It’s such a freakin gem. I’ve watched it all the way through 4 times, but there’s definitely some episodes that I’ve seen more than that even. Pick up something new every time.

Grew up in the same town as the Bing and went to the same HS as David Chase so I think they had me from the start. Helps that it’s arguably the best show ever regardless of the sentimentality of it for some of us.

My list of favorite characters besides Tony:

1. Paulie
2. Sil
3. Agent Harris
4. Johnny Sac
5. Adrianna

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
“Well, tomorrow I can be on time, but you’ll be stupid forever.”

How many times has everyone watched the series? It’s such a freakin gem. I’ve watched it all the way through 4 times, but there’s definitely some episodes that I’ve seen more than that even. Pick up something new every time.

Grew up in the same town as the Bing and went to the same HS as David Chase so I think they had me from the start. Helps that it’s arguably the best show ever regardless of the sentimentality of it for some of us.

My list of favorite characters besides Tony:

1. Paulie
2. Sil
3. Agent Harris
4. Johnny Sac
5. Adrianna

Ever go to tie your shoes and you notice the end of your laces are wet? Come on, why would they be wet?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Ralphie was always cracking jokes

Calling paulies "mom" :laugh:

Okay, that was funny. "This is detective Mike Hunt. Yes, cubscouts, ma'am."

:laugh:

AFter seeing it last night the NY mafia probably oredered the hit to retaliate for Phil's demise
New Jersey would've have to given the nod as well. Nobody wants the war to go on forever, after all. Can't earn when you're sleeping on mattresses somewhere.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I cannot STAND Janice. Just watched her get Johnnie Sacks house. She always gets her way and it pisses me off. LOL

Reactions: aufheben

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Does anyone else think Feech was being sincere when he apologized and said he would learn?

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Does anyone else think Feech was being sincere when he apologized and said he would learn?

Its hard cause we don't know Feech that well but I would say he was, might still push the envelope with Tony but I don't think he was anything like Richie

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Just finished last season re-watch.

I hope Chase trolls the audience in the prequel movie

Reactions: TP
Sep 19, 2008
Don't understand why people are saying the NJ family (Patsy, Paulie) possibly had something to do with Tony's death. To me it always seemed like he was killed in retaliation for Leotardo.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Don't understand why people are saying the NJ family (Patsy, Paulie) possibly had something to do with Tony's death. To me it always seemed like he was killed in retaliation for Leotardo.
But why? They had the ok from Butchie . Dont see why NY would retaliate, didnt they agree to the hit?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Because they wanted to end the war. Absolutely Tony was killed to balance out Phil. Both gunned down in front of their families; that's what really sticks out to me. I just don't think that could've been a coincidence. That was the explanation that makes the most sense to me: you got Phil, so we get Tony. Then we can get back to business and put the war behind us.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
hpxtK9M.jpg

24sqVsv.jpg

The Weinstein pics reminded me of

Reactions: Roman Fell

Krystal Pepper

Apr 28, 2020
Can someone tell me what episode this is from? I’ve seen all the episodes and this scene is lost on me.

Attachments

• 57175907-3262-45AB-854B-B10695589D23.jpeg
    57175907-3262-45AB-854B-B10695589D23.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 25

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I found out about the podcast Imperioli and Schrippa are doing (Talking Sopranos), so I'm going back through the episodes too.

Reactions: TP and Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
He was in a car accident the other day. He's fine now. Good to hear.

They didn't have flat tops in ancient rome! is still one of the best quotes of the series. Ralphie was great.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
He was in a car accident the other day. He's fine now. Good to hear.

They didn't have flat tops in ancient rome! is still one of the best quotes of the series. Ralphie was great.
This Moltisanti kid, he’s got his up his ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad