The Sitwell Enterprises League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
I thought I approached the situation politically correct in hopes of avoiding such a scenario in the future. And to best honest, I'd hope such actions were taking in all your games, because I've have received some correlating perspective from a handful of others in regards to your play not long after I posted this.

It doesn't need to be bigger than this: you see the concern, you stay conscious of it and hope to have a more respectful approach to your game.

Can't think of a better way to voice such an opinion without trashing someone or being to direct on who exactly it was, which I didn't do, while being concerned with tainting a great league with such play.

Maybe it's just a difference in personalities or morality, but when my opponent is trying his darnest to create said plays and playing great D, which you admit, the LAST thing I'd want is to be rewarded with undeserving play, LET ALONE PURPOSEFULLY play in said manner.

Theres much middle ground to be had here. I don't go to such efforts is someone just gets lucky with A, as in one or a couple, questionable attempts; you were at it all game long.

Sorry I don't condone such behaviour so innocently. I'm voicing my opinion, I don't want to create rifts, I hope you respect it, and are just more conscious of sportsmanlike play in your further games with any opponent, not just me.

cheers,
:sharks

dimes

Sep 10, 2012
I thought I approached the situation politically correct in hopes of avoiding such a scenario in the future. And to best honest, I'd hope such actions were taking in all your games, because I've have received some correlating perspective from a handful of others in regards to your play not long after I posted this.

It doesn't need to be bigger than this: you see the concern, you stay conscious of it and hope to have a more respectful approach to your game.

Can't think of a better way to voice such an opinion without trashing someone or being to direct on who exactly it was, which I didn't do, while being concerned with tainting a great league with such play.

Maybe it's just a difference in personalities or morality, but when my opponent is trying his darnest to create said plays and playing great D, which you admit, the LAST thing I'd want is to be rewarded with undeserving play, LET ALONE PURPOSEFULLY play in said manner.

Theres much middle ground to be had here. I don't go to such efforts is someone just gets lucky with A, as in one or a couple, questionable attempts; you were at it all game long.

Sorry I don't condone such behaviour so innocently. I'm voicing my opinion, I don't want to create rifts, I hope you respect it, and are just more conscious of sportsmanlike play in your further games with any opponent, not just me.

cheers,

The fact that you think I'm purposely doing something to cheat you out of a win is where I don't understand your point.

Sure you played well, but how can you say you are more deserving of the win just because you had a pretty goals and your goalie let in a few bad shots. Next time I'm sure luck will go the other way, its just a game after all. Sometimes they go in sometimes they don't.

Obviously I purposely try to score, but when I have a split second to do something with the puck I'm not thinking about exploiting the game I'm thinking about making the smart play. 2 of my goals I was in the slot about to get rocked so I shot the loose puck. That's purposely trying to score I don't see how that's purposely exploiting the game or cheating you.

You are correct though, I don't see a reason to feud over this on the boards.

dimes

Sep 10, 2012
How many times in this thread have you posted something along the lines of "you got robbed" or "you deserved to win" or "the game rewards random rookie shots"

I'm not saying you aren't correct, obviously I don't watch all your games. I'm just noting that it seems to me that this is a trend with you and a lot of other players after you suffer a loss.

In your words, rivalries. Right ;)

TheFadedLine

Jan 10, 2012
Alberta

cheers,

Jesus, this reads like a grade 10 essay.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Yeah I get frustrated, like most, when I lose games while I dominate my opponent. Happens all the time. I'm sure you can pinpoint a couple people, in this very thread, that have done the same.
So What's your point? I'll give you a minute.

Evidently, mine is that there is a difference between the game cheating me, and a player cheating me, willingly.

Huge difference. and maybe you're getting caught up in the term cheat too much. Again I'm talkin about someone disregarding all qualities of sportsmanship, respect, and integrity for this league, hockey, and/or just an opponent in general. A lot of people in this game suffer from this, because they need some insignificant win to prove something. Sorry I'd much rather ENJOY someone's play.

Above all else, It ain't about winning for me. It's about having a respectful match and enjoying my opponents play.

hell ask lund. we played the same game 3 times, in a row because he understands this. We enjoyed each others play that the option of playing the game over for the hell of it was a no-brainer. The integrity: its evident. And it's sad that a player with his mindset is so scarce in this game. I love his play. We were tied in each game heading into overtime and we quit out. However, the third game I lost in regulation by a couple. Yet, i enjoyed it all. Do you know why? Hes not just 10billion times the player that someone like dime is, more importantly, he's got 10billion times the respect for his opponent than someone like dime does.

Educate yourself on the difference.

Cheers,

Last edited:

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=56471911&postcount=645

go **** a goat lol. I have never complained about a game on here in 2 seasons.

I am not talking about your breaks im talking about your coming straight to the side of the net and doing the quick backhand forehand with no angle. Did it 3 straight times. 4th wasn't but I was running around all pissed. You even tried it with a 2 goal lead at end of game.

I just needed to vent. If your satisfied with that win. Good for you. I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

Modern day John Milton Folks

bahahaha, how about the relevance too, eh?

sigh, sometimes it's just too easy.

Gary83*

I have no idea how you can claim you're trying to do this for the good of the league yet try to smear your opponent at the same time. If you really had the best intentions (which I don't think you do) you could just as easily send the guy a friendly PM to discuss it.

That's great that you didn't call out his name directly but what was he supposed to do, change his game play to what you find suitable?

Before I quit this league we played one game, a game in which you scored three poke check goals because sometimes the goalie AI is too stupid to cover a puck. Were these legit? Because I sure didn't make much of a deal out of it, despite how stupid those types of goals are in this game.

People are going to score different ways, as a good player, you should be able to adapt to how these teams are setting up.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009

I have no idea how you can claim you're trying to do this for the good of the league yet try to smear your opponent at the same time. If you really had the best intentions (which I don't think you do) you could just as easily send the guy a friendly PM to discuss it.

That's great that you didn't call out his name directly but what was he supposed to do, change his game play to what you find suitable?

Before I quit this league we played one game, a game in which you scored three poke check goals because sometimes the goalie AI is too stupid to cover a puck. Were these legit? Because I sure didn't make much of a deal out of it, despite how stupid those types of goals are in this game.

People are going to score different ways, as a good player, you should be able to adapt to how these teams are setting up.

I did, he laughed it off and tried to blame me having greiss in the net, when these are attempts that unfortunately disregard any type of a.i. goalie. and him and I have been in other leagues before, since this game came out. he knows my stance on clean play. We've ran into this before.

and I actually remember our game perfectly, and I personally felt bad for already having TWO poke check goals and purposefully avoided doing a THIRD one at my own accord and admitted that to your during the game, in the second period via message. I ended the game with a gorgeous play while adding to you in a message, I hope that makes up for those poke check goals, was trying my hardest to EARN the victory, even though they weren't done purposefully cheat you.

So Let's not try to 'smear' the truth on ME here; I went out of my way to avoid scoring a scramble goal, which is fair game, in general, especially if done after a well-intentioned play (which it always is for me) because I didn't feel a goal of that caliber would be right a third time, even though it was done on improv, not on purpose.

Big difference gare, and you know it to be true if you think a little harder. Unfortunately, you seem to zoned in on defaming me; how can you be convinced I dont have the best intentions? what? I'm trying to bring someone's highly questionable playstyle to light and avoid further problems in a league that requires MUCH time effort and devotion. I wouldn't want ANYONE to lose, with honest effort, to this kind of low level play. Or just be annoyed the whole game while playing against it, like I was. It's exactly what a league of this caliber should be avoiding at all costs. How do I have the bad intentions? :confused: I Don't even know what else to say. Is it cuz I 'hounded' you for semin with a new proposal every day, which admittedly was in good fun?

am I on mugatu's crazy pills again?

Last edited:

Firefoxx

Jul 5, 2007
Ottawa
I did, he laughed it off and tried to blame me having greiss in the net, when these are attempts that unfortunately disregard any type of a.i. goalie. and him and I have been in other leagues before, since this game came out. he knows my stance on clean play. We've ran into this before.

and I actually remember our game perfectly, and I personally felt bad for already having TWO poke check goals and purposefully avoided doing a THIRD one at my own accord and admitted that to your during the game, in the second period via message. I ended the game with a gorgeous play while adding to you in a message, I hope that makes up for those poke check goals, was trying my hardest to EARN the victory, even though they weren't done purposefully cheat you.

So Let's not try to 'smear' the truth on ME here; I went out of my way to avoid scoring a scramble goal, which is fair game, in general, especially if done after a well-intentioned play (which it always is for me) because I didn't feel a goal of that caliber would be right a third time, even though it was done on improv, not on purpose.

Big difference gare, and you know it to be true if you think a little harder. Unfortunately, you seem to zoned in on defaming me; how can you be convinced I dont have the best intentions? what? I'm trying to bring someone's highly questionable playstyle to light and avoid further problems in a league that requires MUCH time effort and devotion. I wouldn't want ANYONE to lose, with honest effort, to this kind of low level play. Or just be annoyed the whole game while playing against it, like I was. It's exactly what a league of this caliber should be avoiding at all costs. How do I have the bad intentions? :confused: I Don't even know what else to say. Is it cuz I 'hounded' you for semin with a new proposal every day, which admittedly was in good fun?

am I on mugatu's crazy pills again?

I enjoy playing you and you're a solid player, but you have to let things go. There's been at least 3 leagues you've gone off on tangents like this in and it makes it far less enjoyable. I get that you're trying to do the honourable thing but it's really just causing more drama, I feel like I'm in high school again. If you have an issue with someone talk to the commish, let him deal with it, and keep the drama out of the threads so we can keep them enjoyable.

TheFadedLine

Jan 10, 2012
Alberta
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=56471911&postcount=645

Modern day John Milton Folks

bahahaha, how about the relevance too, eh?

sigh, sometimes it's just too easy.

Haha all you did here was reinforce my point. Mine was a quick vent on a game typed up on a cell phone in a VIDEO GAME THREAD. Not a brutal try-hard attempt to sound intelligent that falls flat on its face.

I actually regret those posts. I was too quick to jump on here and *****. I kept leaving the same shots open and he just reacted on reflex and took advantage.

You really need to stop with this **** on here. If you are so determined to have every game meet your golden standard then maybe play offline with tuners set to your liking so every single game can be eerily similar.

Sidenote - I can't believe you aren't hit with a million cool story bros on here haha.

EDIT: I won't respond to any more of your posts because I am now contributing to the derailment of this thread. So you can put away your thesaurus.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Faded,
Thought you'd enjoy it that find lol.

Sure I have my own standards, but it's far from derailment to bring up a valid concern. And yes I've gotten into this with select players. Because this is a concern for keeping a league with much integrity, having respect for your opponent with good sportsmanship. Why is this so alien to some people?

Not sure where the thesaurus talk is coming from?

People like you are interesting, you'd call someone out for being direct with harsh words,not being 'tact' enough, and someone in my case trying to be politically correct about a legitimate point. It's a lose lose for someone like myself and discourages others from voicing their opinions. So you better check yourself; this is a Forum.

You just need to chime for attention I suppose; but thanks for not adding anything but cloudiness to my innocent inquiry. That too big of a word for you too?

:rolleyes:
Well, my concern is known. Hopefully much more self scrutiny is used before we undertake playoffs here, and people are more conscious of fair play; so we all win.

Last edited:

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
I enjoy playing you and you're a solid player, but you have to let things go. There's been at least 3 leagues you've gone off on tangents like this in and it makes it far less enjoyable. I get that you're trying to do the honourable thing but it's really just causing more drama, I feel like I'm in high school again. If you have an issue with someone talk to the commish, let him deal with it, and keep the drama out of the threads so we can keep them enjoyable.

I can respect that. Not trying g to cause drama just more self awareness of fair play. I think the reaction here from a few people is the wrong one because it discourages others from being honest about their lack of enjoyment for others' play. Again I've already have a few people privately message me in agreement to my original writeup. It's a valid point that we should all maturely assess.

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
New rule over in Bluth... hopefully it translates to Sitwell.

Picture_2.png

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
I think San Jose is mad because he traded away a Vezina contender in Niemi:

71 GP - 46W, 16L, 15 Shut-outs, 1.72 GAA, 0.92? SV%
*Top 3 in every category

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
I think San Jose is mad because he traded away a Vezina contender in Niemi:

71 GP - 46W, 16L, 15 Shut-outs, 1.72 GAA, 0.92? SV%
*Top 3 in every category

Haha not going to lie, there's a little regret. I suck with Lupul. And Niemi had me fuming by shutting me out with crazy chances.

GREISS hasn't found his flow since being injured initially... Lol, ugh antti is killing it still

But in all honesty, imo, goalies don't mean diddly to me in this game. They all play the same in gameplay. My little regret comes from the amount of simming that is done in this league (which I love) , that crept out of my mind when trying to acquire Lupul

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I really don't care how you guys play your games as long as your not spamming the same goals/glitches over and over. If you have beef with someone, message them and talk about it, if you still have problems message me. No need to write novels on the forum.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
I really don't care how you guys play your games as long as your not spamming the same goals/glitches over and over. If you have beef with someone, message them and talk about it, if you still have problems message me. No need to write novels on the forum.

Fair enough, if need be, will do in the future.

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
How is the advance tonight if the last advance was Sunday night? Schedule says Wednesday, Dec 19th which is tomorrow.

I've got 3 games scheduled for tonight.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
How is the advance tonight if the last advance was Sunday night? Schedule says Wednesday, Dec 19th which is tomorrow.

I've got 3 games scheduled for tonight.

No the schedule is right. Follow it don't listen to me lol I just had the one day messed up on there. Advance is the 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad